90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Holy shit. RIP, Steve

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    this one hurts. In Uteeo was the album that introduced me to rawer more aggressive sounds in my early teens, and is probably my favourite Nirvana album. RIP my dude.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    R.I.P. In Utero is one of the best sounding albums from the 1990s.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Fucking hell, he was one of the few true heroes, rip steve.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    <puts on Scentless Apprentice> <cranks to 11> RIP to a great one...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    <puts on Scentless Apprentice> <cranks to 11> RIP to a great one...
    My favorite song on the album.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    holy shit... Steve Albini was a legend. I didn't always agree with his perspectives and philosophies regarding production, but I always respected his opinions, and considered everything he had to say to be at the very least educational. He was a unique pioneer, and he was never afraid to go against the grain. Albini was always the opposite of "selling out," and is one of the clearest examples of a musical creator who stuck to his principles and ideas and didn't compromise them. Everyone in the music production world revered him (or is an idiot).

This is a sad day.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    holy shit... Steve Albini was a legend. I didn't always agree with his perspectives and philosophies regarding production, but I always respected his opinions, and considered everything he had to say to be at the very least educational. He was a unique pioneer, and he was never afraid to go against the grain. Albini was always the opposite of "selling out," and is one of the clearest examples of a musical creator who stuck to his principles and ideas and didn't compromise them. Everyone in the music production world revered him (or is an idiot).

This is a sad day.
    All of this.

I’ve been crazy busy today and just heard the news. Ugh.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    holy shit... Steve Albini was a legend. I didn't always agree with his perspectives and philosophies regarding production, but I always respected his opinions, and considered everything he had to say to be at the very least educational. He was a unique pioneer, and he was never afraid to go against the grain. Albini was always the opposite of "selling out," and is one of the clearest examples of a musical creator who stuck to his principles and ideas and didn't compromise them. Everyone in the music production world revered him (or is an idiot).This is a sad day.
    Well said. I caught an interview with him recently and was pleasantly surprised to learn he was actually more flexible in his thinking on production. He had good things to say about Butch Vig, for example. Seems he did really stick to his philosophy but that he also didn't want or expect everyone else to fall in line and do the exact same thing.

Also, I mean dude is forever a fucking legend.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Truly a legend. Respect to him for forging his own path and encouraging others to do the same.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Just... he was maybe THE most influential engineer in rock music, ever, full stop.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Obviously everyone will mention his work on In Utero (rightly so), but just looking at all the bands he crossed paths with over the years is pretty astounding. The records he did with Low are some of my absolute favorites.

Last edited by BRoswell; 05-08-2024 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Albini truly was the GOAT.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    RIP Dennis Thompson, last surviving member of MC5. Fantastic band all gone now.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/ar...th-mc5-drummer

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    RIP David Sanborn, great pop/rock sax player, at age 78. Sanborn played with a huge amount of artists.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/13/enter...ath/index.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Surprised no one has mentioned Roger Corman yet. The king of the B movies who launched the careers of many actors and filmmakers passed Thursday at 98!

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...s-98-110140414

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    That sucks. Lewis was an inspiring man.
    RIP. He fought the good fight.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/17/polit...-80/index.html

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    @elevenism You’re entitled to your opinion and other are entitled to theirs.

People were genuinely hurt and offended by that man, so they can think whatever they want about him.

Manson? We don’t even have a Manson THREAD on this forum; he’s been banned. A bunch of us were harassed and doxed by crazy batshit Manson fans. We don’t hesitate to call out Manson for being an abusive piece of shit. We’ll do so when he’s dead, too. When Bowie died, there was discussion in the Bowie thread about his having a fling with Lori Maddox (which - let’s be clear - does not make him a pedophile); we didn’t let him or any of others off the hook for that. But, this has nothing to do with calling out people who are truly awful people, like Rush Limbaugh or even Ronald Reagan being venerated as heroes after death when they were truly awful people. People died of AIDS because of Reagan. You can be as offended as you want for people calling him garbage, but nobody is going to care what you think when their family member died a long slow death from AIDS.

Nobody here said “human garbage.” You said that.

People here live every day as actual gay or black or trans people, or women. You can be all Kumbaya about his death, but soapboxing about it to guilt others to feel that way is gaslighting.

Read this:

https://www.thestranger.com/theater/...mashing-maniac
    Sorry. My mistake.
    It was Pile of Trash, this time.
    I've goddamn sure seen "human trash" or "human garbage," here,.too, though.
    I don't know shit about who or what y'all are talking about, honestly.
    I just think that deHUMANIZING humans, ESPECIALLY posthumously, is in poor taste, unless they were horrible pedophiles or some shit.

That's all I'm saying.
    That's just my opinion

Didn't mean to get on a soapbox. I honestly don't even have TIME to read about whoever the new dead "trash" is right now,.
    I'm not quite myself, currently,.and, as you guys know, I'm GENERALLY open to people's ideas and opinions to a FAULT.

Everyone can say and think whatever they want, obviously.
    I did not mean to make anyone feel bad or guilty, or offend anyone.

I only came to this board to give update about one thing; I'm. Not really in rational discussion mode.

Aorry.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-15-2022 at 01:33 AM.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    @elevenism It’s okay you got a lot of shit going on right now. Sometimes it’s good to take a break from stuff and focus on the fam. Take care of yourself.
    Ok so I REALLY thought about this, and realized that its a very specific LINGUISTIC thing, and it MAY be temporary.

Stephen King is a hero to me.

Let's say he has a heart attack tomorrow.

If someone said
    "damn. I HATE that worthless motherfucker, and am thrilled that he's dead.
    I just wish he'd been starved nearly to death.for 20 days, with dogs pissing on him every hour, on the hour.
    Then, they should have chopped his dick off, skinned him Cartel.style, reversed the starvation, had him fucked by a donkey several times, shot him up with meth so.he couldn't pass out from pain, and fed him, alive, to pigs, SLOWLY.

Then, I hope he wakes up in a literal Baptist hell, wherein he spends eternity in a toilet, full of liquid shit, treading...liquid shit.

He's the worst motherfucking godawful piece of shit who ever lived. Fuck him and everything he did and said and stood for.'

Well? I'd be like 'yeah, I liked the dude,' more or less, albeit in a lengthier and more eloquent manner.

This has nothing to do with me liking or disliking, lol, GHALLAHER? Or.whatever? I don't know ANYTHING about this person, except...I've seen an image of him with a watermelon. I'm NOT a fan.
    Actually, I wouldn't know if I were a fan or not.

It's just that, for some.deep seated reason (and I think I know what it is), certain, very specific phrases started becoming distasteful to me, in about 2000.

Then, those phrases were spoken and written regarding friends of mine who died young during the ensuing years.

NOW, the person I may llikely lose is, well, I've never been closer to anyone.

And I finally lost my shit, here.. It won't happen again...not regarding THIS subject.

Any of you guys who took the time to read this, I appreciate it.
    And I hope this clears everything up.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-16-2022 at 07:21 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    RIP Lisa Marie

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the ghouls are already blaming it on the covid vaccine, ugh.