Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
Recovery is more tuneful overall with some great songs: Not Afraid, Cold Wind Blows, On Fire, Going Through Changes. The problem is with the preponderance of mediocre lyrics DELIVERED IN A PASSIONATE, EMOTIONAL WAY that they don't warrant. He's rapping every song like it's his last day on Earth and he seems so full of confidence, yet much of the lyrics are just terrible, disconnected one-liners that suck. He seems to be taking things too seriously and it just shows his age and insecurity, like he's trying to cover it up.
I disagree.

How can we say his lyrics don't warrant his emotional delivery ? Do we live in his shoes? How can anyone say he is taking himself too seriously. Also, I think its sort of neat how honest and straight forward the lyrics are. I just grow tiring to see such a great album, IMO, like recovery get bashed and criticized for lyrical content when an album like Kanye West's -Dark Fantasy gets such praise when the lyrical content is laughable at best, again my opinion. I have said this from day one Recovery >>>>>>>> Dark Fantasy . Not like thats even on topic, but it's relevant seeing how both albums came out the same year and one got great praise while the other got bashed. .