Page 214 of 528 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 212 213 214 215 216 224 264 314 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,420 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Meh. He deserves a break.

Also - The Swift mashup was AWESOME.
    Last edited by Sarah K; 02-26-2015 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I only just now realized that Atticus is English and speaks with an accent.
    He literally went to the same school as our prime minister, he is English as fuck

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks for sharing. I love the Purest Feeling stuff. Those were the days... Very different times for sure. Everything after that ends up getting people either understanding it or just thinking it's generic rock when it really is much more. When you see his old school origins, you can't deny them NIN. The dude's in their leather jackets, combat boots, and shaved heads, the tape machines, the samplers... mm... Not to mention Trents nickname which I'm not sure he uses anymore; T-Rez back in the late 80's and early 90's...

I'm actually going to post a video on my favorite Pretty Hate Machine and Purest Feeling synth patches. I spent a couple weekends sampling my favorite sounds from those early albums, and I also worked on trying to emulate those sounds with my own 80's synths.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Sorry. I think I might be replying to the whole thread rather than directly underneath peoples posts. The thing is, I don't think I actually posted 5 in a row. I think a posted about 2 in a row, the attempted to reply to other peoples threads, but really my stuff just ended up showing under my own posts. I'm not very good with forums.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Who mastered this anyway?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm not high to answer your question, I'm just so happy and excited to be around you guys. You guys understand and appreciate these topics. YOU guys get me off.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Your dreams sound interesting. I haven't read your exact dream thread though but if I'm right, (Closure and ATCHB) were filmed tours? Were you engaged in the dream as a dream character, or observing the events like a third person ghost?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy_of_an_Echo View Post
    Sorry. I think I might be replying to the whole thread rather than directly underneath peoples posts. The thing is, I don't think I actually posted 5 in a row. I think a posted about 2 in a row, the attempted to reply to other peoples threads, but really my stuff just ended up showing under my own posts. I'm not very good with forums.
    Once you have replied to one person, you can edit your post and reply to anther person, or hit the chat icon with the + next to reply with quote to answer to multiples at once. It prevent the thread clutter you're causing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Once you have replied to one person, you can edit your post and reply to anther person, or hit the chat icon with the + next to reply with quote to answer to multiples at once. It prevent the thread clutter you're causing.
    lol shit man. alright is this a little better?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @Copy_of_an_Echo - It is. It's always best to test and use as many features as you can. Aside from making your posts tidier, it also makes posting and reading a lot more convenient for yourself and others. I haven't always used the edit button sometimes though, but it's always best to use it as much as possible when you're just making one post. Bumping is sometimes acceptable, but it depends. (Although, I don't have that much room to talk when it comes bumping, as I'd have to cut down on that myself.)

Thankfully, unlike some forums, you can always click "Edit Post" on any post you want to change, or add on to, or even go as far as deleting any posts you'd like to remove by clicking "Delete" just right after clicking "Edit Post".
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-27-2015 at 01:50 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    @Copy_of_an_Echo - It is. It's always best to test and use as many features as you can. Aside from making your posts tidier, it also makes posting and reading a lot more convenient for yourself and others. I haven't always used the edit button sometimes though, but it's always best to use it as much as possible when you're just making one post. Bumping is sometimes acceptable, but it depends. (Although, I don't have that much room to talk about when it comes bumping, as I'd have to cut down on that myself.)

Thankfully, unlike some forums, you can always click "Edit Post" on any post you want to change a post or add on to, or even go as far as deleting any posts you'd like to remove by clicking "Delete" after clicking "Edit Post".
    No Kidding eh? I thought you couldn't delete posts. Wow, that's a lot of control. Maybe I was just thinking about gearslutz. Hey Kris, is that you? Captain Protools? Metal head/teacher at PAVI?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Oh no, that's definitely not me.

Oh, and to get back on the topic, I'd still like to collect Pretty Hate Machine to With Teeth on cassette some day. Thank goodness for the Marketplace section. It also makes me glad to see other people enjoying their Nine Inch Nails collections as well.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-27-2015 at 01:47 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Oh, and to get back on the topic, I'd still like to collect Pretty Hate Machine to With Teeth on cassette some day. Thank goodness for the Marketplace section. It also makes me glad to see other people enjoying their Nine Inch Nails collections as well.
    someone just recently posted a ton of cassettes up for sale, in case you didn't see it.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It took almost one whole decade, but The Collector is actually one of my favorite songs from With Teeth as of now. I also appreciate Getting Smaller a lot more than I did when With Teeth first came out as well, since I can relate a lot more to it now. Getting Smaller also seems to go very well with the mood Every Day Is Exactly The Same sets for me. Everything also somehow got me to like Getting Smaller a bit more too. I'm also only saying this because I'd often skip The Collector and Getting Smaller, and I've been listening to both songs a lot more than I ever did before.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Cassettes eh? Very interesting. Yeah I haven't thought about collecting cassettes after PHM. Didn't know they made them after the first couple albums. Yeah The COllector is pretty cool. I like the dirty bass riff as well as how Trent exhales a little grunt after he says "I pick things up". Haha, it's the subtle things that get me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    nin burlesque in a strange city i just arrived in seems like a good idea. Why yes, yes it does.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    They were doing one here in Seattle a few months back. Let us know how terrible it is

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Cheap booze, good music, dancin' girls... hoping for the best here...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    My girlfriend has the best high NIN video commentary. March Of The Pigs: "Is that Eminem playing drums? "

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Aargh, I really want to go to the Russell Mills exhibition in Halifax, but when I looked into going for the day, it's 5 hours each way on the train, cheapest price over £100 and I'd only have 2 hours in Halifax max.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That reminded me of linkin park, wouldn't have though of trent if I hadn't known it's nin song

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    As far as collecting Nine Inch Nails albums on vinyl goes, I suppose that my next main selections would have to be Pretty Hate Machine, Broken and The Fragile.

(And then perhaps With Teeth and Ghosts I-IV afterwards.)

I don't really collect vinyl regularly at all though, but should I get both the chances and the means, I'll definitely still keep those releases in mind.

It also took me a while to notice this, but this currently seems to be the best full length video of Nine Inch Nails performing at Woodstock 1994 on YouTube as of now. It's the actual Music Vault account.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @Kris I have to really recommend that if you're interested in collecting vinyl, have a vinyl setup. I couldn't imagine collecting albums I'm never going to listen to. I know for some people they love the decorative effect of having larger artwork, framing it, etc., but by and large I'd say it's much more satisfying to get an album you love on vinyl and be able to actually listen to it than to just get it, look at it, and put it down forever. Especially considering some of the prices of things like The Fragile.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    @Kris I have to really recommend that if you're interested in collecting vinyl, have a vinyl setup. I couldn't imagine collecting albums I'm never going to listen to. I know for some people they love the decorative effect of having larger artwork, framing it, etc., but by and large I'd say it's much more satisfying to get an album you love on vinyl and be able to actually listen to it than to just get it, look at it, and put it down forever. Especially considering some of the prices of things like The Fragile.
    It's also so fucking annoying as someone who buys to listen when I see people with multiple copies of With Teeth they've never touched, and I can't get one because they're all over £100.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninmachine View Post
    Anybody notice Trent's latest tweet -- a retweet in support of Queen Kwong's show in London. I don't get it because their music is pretty terrible in my opinion. You can watch a set in the video below. Pretty pretty awful. I don't get Trent's support of it at all.
    I thought it was weird too, but for different reasons. With all the recent discussion here about Trent's distaste for Limp Bizkit and whether Wes Borland was a sellout to go back, I was poking around since I know nothing about Borland (or LB) and that led me to Queen Kwong because he's in the band.

I've decided that Black Light Burns is mediocre and I still know diddly about Limp Bizkit (maybe just as well), but I do like Queen Kwong. Looking forward to her album this year.

Sooooooo … after all that, it was very weird indeed to see her pop up in Trent's long-neglected Twitter feed two weeks later.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Anybody notice Trent's latest tweet -- a retweet in support of Queen Kwong's show in London. I don't get it because their music is pretty terrible in my opinion. You can watch a set in the video below. Pretty pretty awful. I don't get Trent's support of it at all.
    I wouldn't say it's awful. From your post I was expecting some shitty emo band. This reminded me more of 90's alt. pop/grunge/noise.

Apparently the singer, Carré Callaway, was discovered by Trent in New Orleans when she was 17:

Last edited by hobochic; 03-02-2015 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I remember hearing awhile back that before Karen O did the vocals for 'immigrant song', that she had never heard led zeps version before. Can that possibly be true??? I feel like thats something someone says to sound more.....indie or something. How, in this day and age, being in a rock band, have you never heard 'immigrant song'????

Sorry, not really a NIN thought. And not ripping on Karen O. I like (the) yeah, yeah, yeahs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Can't tell if you know, but in case anyone doesn't, Carré Callaway opened for NIN and then as Queen Kwong opened for a show (or more?) later on. I don't think continued support of a colleague stands out as strange even though Trent doesn't tweet that sort of thing much. Doesn't mean he necessarily thinks the music is the greatest (but who knows, maybe he does).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    actually, the music is great, the RECORDING is terrible. everything is completely over-saturated and hard to distinguish but if you're willing to mentally filter out the shit, you'll hear (what i think) is a pretty good band. had no idea wes was involved in this, now i'm going to check it out!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    Apparently the singer, Carré Callaway, was discovered by Trent in New Orleans when she was 17
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    Can't tell if you know, but in case anyone doesn't, Carré Callaway opened for NIN and then as Queen Kwong opened for a show (or more?) later on. I don't think continued support of a colleague stands out as strange even though Trent doesn't tweet that sort of thing much.
    Now it totally makes sense. I hadn't picked up on the NIN connection at all.

http://www.theninhotline.net/feature...iews/callaway/

[Edit] Found a somewhat recent interview talking about her connection to Trent:

http://www.laweekly.com/music/queen-...reznor-4169659

And she's a cat person.
    Last edited by Joy Prevention Hotline; 03-02-2015 at 08:47 PM.