Page 479 of 486 FirstFirst ... 379 429 469 477 478 479 480 481 ... LastLast
Results 14,341 to 14,370 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Place your bets on where MJF lands.

I wouldn't be shocked if he debuts tonight.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/20...bly-begins-wwe

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    LOL there is absolutely no way MJF is actually signing to WWE. I can't believe so many people really believe this is going to happen.

Andrade is the one who is ACTUALLY leaving AEW to WWE, yet everyone still seems to be playing the Ultimate-Mark when it comes to this "Bidding War" angle of MJFs.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I liked "World's End", not the best AEW PPV, but had some very entertaining matches.

Adam Cole being the devil is ok and makes sense, i don't get why people wanted someone else.

Swerve must win the AEW Championship from Joe, i love Joe, but Swerve is hot right now!

Kevin Dunn leaving, surreal.

I hope AEW has a better year than 2024, this company deserves to live; it's bullshit how all their accomplishments always get overshadowed by stupid people's actions.

Happy new year everybody!!!
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 01-03-2024 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Andrade is 100% on his way back, and I'm hoping they do him right. Incredible worker, tons of charisma, and could be the one HHH has in mind to take the IC belt from GUNTHER at Mania.

Re: MJF to WWE - engaging with rumor, innuendo, and speculation is a common interest for most wrestling fans. Even if the rumors are highly unlikely .

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tuning in to Raw. Trying to become a more engaged wrestling fan this year like I was years ago.
    Commentators did a run down of the card in the middle of the ring. I liked it. Is that new? Something that is a "post Dunn" thing?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So...Rock v. Roman in Philly?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Cody will never finish his "story", lol

(It's Ok, i couldn't care less...)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I would honestly MUCH rather watch Roman vs Rock than Roman vs Cody AGAIN. Have Rocky take the title at Mania and hold it during the Summer and then Cody can finish his story or whatever at Summerslam and take it off of The Rock.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Modern Rock is a dork and I don't think he'd be able to last a match. He looked gassed after that spinebuster/rock bottom. Send him to AEW.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

"Sorry I was an asshole."

Love the backwoods hick outfit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    So...Rock v. Roman in Philly?
    Maybe not. Seeing a lot of good points that Rock/Roman could/should happen in Perth.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    If Roman goes over Rock at EC, might make Cody's win at WM even bigger...maybe, I guess...*shrug*

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Professional Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    If Roman goes over Rock at EC, might make Cody's win at WM even bigger...maybe, I guess...*shrug*
    Fucking massive. Fun fact, Ticketmaster had a buy three get one free promotion. Now it’s gone…

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I see where it could go either way.

Cody looks good beating the guy that beat The Rock or…Reigns (and fans) can always claim he had to work two matches within a day of each other, cheapening Cody’s win.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Fuck does TK need to have a Twitter handler.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    TK does not make me want to watch or support AEW.
    He comes across as perhaps dangerously unhinged.

I'd be very surprised if AEW is around in 5-10 years.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Dangerously unhinged..? He talked shit about a WWE angle, which WWE do CONSTANTLY towards AEW? WWE even basically stole the Hangman / CM Punk promo word for word with Seth and Punk.

Dangerously unhinged is Vince McMahon, a guy with multiple sexual assault lawsuits against him, a guy who is basically responsible for the death of Owen Hart, among so so so many other things. Please explain how Tony Khan is "dangerously unhinged" just because he tweeted a promotion for his own show over WWE? Not liking AEW or Tony Khan is one thing but calling the dude "dangerously unhinged" just because he's promoting his own organization while mentioning that WWE is pushing a guy that they had lose for an entire year, seems like some really dumb reactionary shit.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    As always they are blowing everything out of proportion and feeding the shitshow that is twitter (or X or whatever...).

But i do agree that TK needs a handler and maybe a PR person that can handle this kind of thing, the guy must be burned out form all his job and stress.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Khan needs to stay off twitter and not fall for shitposting. It's not a good look and does little for good PR for AEW at large. I don't care about Social media like most nor do I give much of a shit about what he said or didn't say. There is a joke/debate that he uses drugs, I wouldn't be surprised if he did but I wouldn't call him dangerous or unhinged.

I think the meme about Jinder getting a match out of nowhere as a troll on Khan (which most claim it is) is flimsy as shit for WWE booking, even for a worthless RAW main event that is throwaway. I remember in 2017 when people HATED this guy for even holding the WWE title when he did. All everyone knew he was a steroid user and it was done for India PR at the time.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

A fantastic theme. Probably my fave in AEW.

<3

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Really enjoyed Hook and Joe tonight. It was just a really damn fun match and that table spot Hook took looked fucking BRUTAL. Also, Toni Storm thinking Ian Riccaboni was Tony Schiavone during the Purrazzo and Anna Jay match was was extremely funny.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    TK does not make me want to watch or support AEW.

I'd be very surprised if AEW is around in 5-10 years.
    He's the perfect CEO for the king of the B leagues. And AEW will be around forever, if TNA lasted as long as they did AEW is fine - though I do wonder if they'll end up somewhere like the universal studios backlot for normal TV tapings.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Wow. Okada is leaving NJPW. Let the speculation begin.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The WWE machine keeps up the greed factor huge.

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- WWE, part of TKO Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: TKO), and Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) today announced a long-term partnership that will bring WWE’s flagship weekly program – Raw – to the world’s leading entertainment service. This marks a major programming shift as Raw leaves linear television for the first time since its inception 31 years ago.

Beginning in January 2025, Netflix will be the exclusive new home of Raw in the U.S., Canada, U.K. and Latin America, among other territories, with additional countries and regions to be added over time. Likewise, as part of the agreement, Netflix will also become the home for all WWE shows and specials outside the U.S. as available, inclusive of Raw and WWE’s other weekly shows – SmackDown and NXT – as well as the company’s Premium Live Events, including WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Royal Rumble. WWE’s award-winning documentaries, original series and forthcoming projects will also be available on Netflix internationally beginning in 2025.

“This deal is transformative,” said Mark Shapiro, TKO President and COO. “It marries the can’t-miss WWE product with Netflix’s extraordinary global reach and locks in significant and predictable economics for many years. Our partnership fundamentally alters and strengthens the media landscape, dramatically expands the reach of WWE, and brings weekly live appointment viewing to Netflix.”

“We are excited to have WWE Raw, with its huge and passionate multigenerational fan base, on Netflix,” said Netflix Chief Content Officer, Bela Bajaria. “By combining our reach, recommendations, and fandom with WWE, we’ll be able to deliver more joy and value for their audiences and our members. Raw is the best of sports entertainment, blending great characters and storytelling with live action 52 weeks a year and we’re thrilled to be in this long-term partnership with WWE.”

“In its relatively short history, Netflix has engineered a phenomenal track record for storytelling,” said Nick Khan, WWE President. “We believe Netflix, as one of the world’s leading entertainment brands, is the ideal long-term home for Raw’s live, loyal, and ever-growing fan base."

With 1,600 episodes to date, Raw is the most iconic show in sports entertainment. Since its debut in 1993, Raw has delivered action, compelling drama and unmatched athleticism – 52 weeks a year. Blending the best of scripted content with unpredictable live entertainment, the three-hour show has helped launch the careers of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Triple H, John Cena, Roman Reigns, Bianca Belair and Charlotte Flair.

The show is currently the No. 1 show on USA Network, where it brings in 17.5 million unique viewers over the course of the year. One of television’s best performing shows in the 18-49 advertising demographic, Raw trends on X 52 weeks a year while each new episode is airing. On social media, WWE has more than one billion followers across its platforms.
    WWE ruined their own library network after building it. First with Peacock and now this.

Netflix isn't as great as it used to be. Their shift to restricting access of account "sharing" as well as increase in prices has driven a lot away like myself. Not to mention with other companies making their own streaming networks, most Netflix material is gone besides their own licensed material.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I watched the Punk/Cody and Rollins/Gunther promos from last night. Cody and Punk put on a clinic. That was really good soup. I dig the respectful heel approach from Gunther but he’s not winning the Rumble and while I originally thought Rollins would retain over Punk at Mania, now I’m not so sure.

Barring injury, The Rock vs Not The Guy is happening at Mania. I don’t like it but it is what it appears to be.

So I think either Cody or Punk wins the Rumble and goes on to beat Seth at Mania.

I lean towards Cody because he can still challenge Roman after he beats Rock. I think we then get Punk vs Drew.

Or a more unlikely scenario where Punk wins the Rumble then beats Seth at Mania. Cody goes on to win Elimination Chamber to challenge Roman later. He still finishes the story but probably at Summerslam instead of Mania as he originally wanted.

I don’t think Punk gets the title or Rumble winner yet. I’d be surprised if either happened but Seth is going to have to lose and go heal if not at Mania immediately thereafter (perhaps Priest finally cashes in the day after if they want Seth to go over Punk, which they likely do). I think he has to; it’s not just my opinion. He’s dealing with a bad back and knee now.

As for the Netflix deal? You are not wrong about the decline in Netflix but anything is better than Peacock at this juncture. I can’t believe I’m saying this but it may mean I watch RAW every once in awhile next year. Depending.
    Last edited by Swykk; 01-23-2024 at 08:08 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    As for the Netflix deal? You are not wrong about the decline in Netflix but anything is better than Peacock at this juncture. I can’t believe I’m saying this but it may mean I watch RAW every once in awhile next year. Depending.
    Peacock sucks but it is just PPV/PLE events, not an entire weekly format show consistently.

It'll still be the same trash 3 hour format with ads (even though you're paying for a premium service) sprinkled in. Other than the platform medium I don't see much of a change coming. It'll still be the unwatchable turd that it is now. I manage 15-30 minutes every 3 hour block every week randomly...WWE weekly shows stopped be must watch TV for decades. Aside for the ease of access, reach and availability for foreign audiences I don't see Netflix changing that.

I'm legit baffled when I see people champion 2023/2024 WWE as being "the best in a long time" when literally nothing changed from 2020-2023 in presentation and quality. Some say its a new golden era of success when in actuality financially yes it is, critically not at all. Commercial success vs critical success are not the same. AEW still blows WWE out of the water for me in programming and the roster.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 01-23-2024 at 09:50 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    What this deal really does is make life easier for the ill-served by WWE streaming international fans. In that way, it is a huge win.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Hoping this spells doom for that piece of shit:

https://www.wsj.com/business/vince-m...quiet-0b19b21c

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Hoping this spells doom for that piece of shit:

https://www.wsj.com/business/vince-m...quiet-0b19b21c
    There's no way it won't. Good riddance, hopefully him and johnny ace will die in jail.