Page 338 of 486 FirstFirst ... 238 288 328 336 337 338 339 340 348 388 438 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,140 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceless View Post
    Honestly, are they even trying to make Ziggler look credible anymore? It seems like his role now is to tease getting eliminated during Battle Royale-type matches half a dozen times and then disappear. I don't even want to talk about how they book Bray.
    Because every now and then they're going to need him in a spot. Put over a new guy, whatever. So when he gets a win. It's usually their way of trying to fool us into think "Oh they're doing something with him". But nah. Gotta build him to beat him...
    Battleground this Sunday night! Any matches that you're excited for? I'm going to take a possibly controversial stance and say that I want to see Jinder Mahal win the Punjabi Prison match.
    I haven't been following. So I have no idea what's going on other than the Punjabi match.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Welcome! Yeah, there's a lot of wwe to consume. I'm usually burned out after Monday. It's a lot.
    Agreed, it takes almost the whole week to watch RAW and i'm skipping Smackdown lately ...and there's far to many PPV's, it's getting ridiculous

Also i think they choosed the wrong American Alpha member to be Kurt's son, nothing against Jordan, but Gable is where the money is at...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tomorrow I have an interesting situation, there's 3 shows going on. I can either
    A. Return to the shitty fed where I started for a one-off (I haven't been back there since February)
    B. Make a small debut in a fed who is doing a free-outdoor show under a bridge in a battle royal
    C. Attend IWC and talk with the owner about debuting there.
    D. Attend (not wrestle) either company in A or B. and have the weekend off.

I'll probably do D.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I would vote for "C", but that's just me (it's also kinda like a weekend off...)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I would vote for "C", but that's just me (it's also kinda like a weekend off...)

I think I'll attend the "brawl under the bridge" and not wrestle, then go to IWC to see my boys Adam Cole and DJZ and talk business.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    D. Take the weekend off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Agreed, it takes almost the whole week to watch RAW and i'm skipping Smackdown lately ...and there's far to many PPV's, it's getting ridiculous
    Smackdown is the better show, in my opinion. I think they do a better job of utilizing the whole roster, better matches, better storylines. Raw has been improving, though. I do wish they would lighten up on the PPVs, they don't feel like a big deal when it happens every two weeks.

I'm also looking forward to the Flag Match. It's good to have Rusev back. Smackdown is a little short on intimidating heels without him.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Smackdown is the better show, in my opinion. I think they do a better job of utilizing the whole roster, better matches, better storylines. Raw has been improving, though. I do wish they would lighten up on the PPVs, they don't feel like a big deal when it happens every two weeks.

I'm also looking forward to the Flag Match. It's good to have Rusev back. Smackdown is a little short on intimidating heels without him.
    I think Smackdown lost momentum after the "Superstar shakeup", they still have big names like AJ or Nakamura, but lately the show had been "so-so"; guys like Jinder Mahal aren't helping the brand, i prefer RAW lately mostly because Joe and Lesnar, but TBH both shows have become completely missable...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Ended up just going to the show to talk business. Don't regret it at all! Promoter is happy with me, wants me to start in 2018.

NOW I have the option of driving an hour and a half tomorrow to do a charity show (not get paid) battle royal. Or stay home and go out to dinner with my family for my brother's birthday.. I'd much rather go to the show.. but I know they'll guilt trip me into staying for dinner. BLAH!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think Smackdown lost momentum after the "Superstar shakeup", they still have big names like AJ or Nakamura, but lately the show had been "so-so"; guys like Jinder Mahal aren't helping the brand, i prefer RAW lately mostly because Joe and Lesnar, but TBH both shows have become completely missable...
    Yeah, it definitely lost it's momentum. What's the point if bringing up Dillinger if they're not going to use him? What a waste. The downside of a two hour show I guess. Some people actually want it to go to threw hours... SD has better consistency, but I really don't want another hour of wrestling. It's a struggle as is.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I don't think i'll watch Battleground tonight, i don't care for most matches, and yes: Dillinger is on the pre-show again! (meanwhile Jinder Mahal is main eventing...)
    Maybe i'll check the AJ/Owens match and the Sami Zayn match later (mostly because i'm curious to see how Mike Kanellis does in the ring...)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Why watch Battleground or anything WWE when there are other things to do? That's how I was able to fill up my Mondays once I stopped watching RAW. I had the chance to watch longer movies and devote time to myself rather than waste 3 hours of my life watching bullshit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's kind of a weak show. Thankfully, I can multitask.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Seriously? They bring back the Great Khali so he can help the Punjabi bum retain the WWE title?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Of course! This way Jinder gets the win, gets even more heel heat, they keep the fans in India happy and Randy doesn't get hurt even though he takes a loss.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Are there fans in India that really happy about all of this? Jinder is Canadian and I'm sure the Punjab-Canadians don't like him either.

Solomonster on his twitter account has already called it the worst WWE PPV of the year so far....

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Getting caught up on Battleground and I see Mike Bennett hasn't learned much since I last saw him. Still wrestles in slow motion but he seems to botch less, so that's good.

Positive side? This was much better than Payback.
    Last edited by Swykk; 07-24-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Are there fans in India that really happy about all of this? Jinder is Canadian and I'm sure the Punjab-Canadians don't like him either.

Solomonster on his twitter account has already called it the worst WWE PPV of the year so far....
    I thought the tag team match was great. Not very often the Big E stands on the sidelines. Kofi and Xavier got a chance to shine, and holy shit Xavier leapt across the whole ring for crissakes.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Just found out the next benefit show I'll be wrestling on (in November) main event may be me/trainee friend vs Gory (Local vet who is very talented) and DJ Z from TNA. SO STOKED

Also, I totally slept through the PPV.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I heard someone else also slept throughout some of the PPV event. And now here is Solomonster's review of Battleground:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Hearing Solomonster go "oh no..." when he knew what was coming. And when Khali appeared. He said he had a look of horror in his face but different from the one Orton had. I'm so glad I don't spend my time watching that bullshit. Fuck WWE. Fuck Meekmahan.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Does anyone here play Fire Pro Wrestling World?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Does anyone here play Fire Pro Wrestling World?

I would if I had a computer strong enough for it. someone should make me!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    I would if I had a computer strong enough for it. someone should make me!
    It's an old school game, all it needs is 512 of vram and direct 9.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I heard someone else also slept throughout some of the PPV event. And now here is Solomonster's review of Battleground:

I have not heard of this gentleman before. What's his story?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Solomonster is probably one of the best guys who knows about pro wrestling and doesn't bullshit about what is going on. I listen to his stuff through TVTrax clips from YouTube yet a lot of what he says is smacked on. Not just on WWE but also GFW, ROH, Lucha, and the indies. This is a man that knows wrestling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks, I will check him out!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, solomonster is the man. He's not the typical mark who just shouts because something didn't go his way. He's smart and witty about it. Not too many use that kind of logic these days.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Skipped raw and smackdown this week. I feel terrible because drifter is my buddy and I wanna support him. But I just don't care anymore. I watch wrestling pretty much every Friday, Saturday and sometimes Sundays, boring raw and smackdown is overkill.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    WON is reporting rumors of another Superstar Shakeup happening after SummerSlam. Word is there might be someone(s) moving down to NXT. Goodbye, Ziggler? Also, is Nakamura vs. Cena a dream match? I don't quite see it.