Thread: Your Top 25 Games of All Time

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Wow, nice to see this idea catching on in other sections of the forum. I'm not sure if this thread popping up is a co-incidence, or it was created based on my top 25 albums thread in the musical revolution, but this is the kinda thing I love! Lists! haha

I wasn't sure if this was even going to catch on with the community, but i'm glad it did. Now someone just has to complete the circle and make a top 25 movies of all time in the cinema section and we're all good!

Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    i'm generally an old school gamer only, mostly NES, so pardon the dust on this list:
    You're my kinda gamer Frankie Teardrop! Wow, what a great list! I'm generally an old school gamer as well, but there have been soooo many awesome new xbox live arcade games that follow the 8 and 16 bit formula from the retro days, it's hard to not include them on the list. They are just as awesome as their old school counter-parts.

Anyway, let's take a stab at this... this might be harder than the top 25 albums list...

In no particular order (other than the order they come to my head)

1. TMNT IV: Turtles in Time (SNES)
    2. Super Mario RPG (SNES)
    3. Battletoads (NES)
    4. Mega Man 3 (NES)
    5. Super Meat Boy (XBLA, PC)
    6. Castle Crashers (XBLA, PS3)
    7. Final Fantasy 3 (SNES)
    8. Goldeneye 007 (N64)
    9. Mario Kart 64 (N64)
    10. Star Fox 64 (N64)
    11. Contra 3 (SNES)
    12. Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)
    13. Super Mario 3 (NES)
    14. Hard Corps: Uprising (XBLA)
    15. Mega Man 9 (wii eshop / XBLA / PSN)
    16. Battletoads in Battlemaniacs (SNES)
    17. Toejam and Earl (Sega Genesis)
    18. TMNT: The Arcade Game (Arcade version)
    19. Scott Pilgrim Vs the World (XBLA, PS3)
    20. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
    21. Mega Man X (SNES)
    22. Earthworm Jim (SNES, Genesis)
    23. Maximum Carnage (SNES, Genesis)
    24. Awesomenauts (XBLA, PS3, PC)
    25. Wild Guns (SNES)

That was extremely hard... I had to leave off so many classics...

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    Yoshi's Island
    UNDERRATED! i played through the original mario world hundreds of times as a kid, but never bought this, only rented it for one weekend and it never left my mind. i have to give this another shot soon...

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    10. Star Fox 64 (N64)
    11. Contra 3 (SNES)
    20. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
    21. Mega Man X (SNES)
    22. Earthworm Jim (SNES, Genesis)
    23. Maximum Carnage (SNES, Genesis)
    25. Wild Guns (SNES)
    excellent choices! almost put wild guns on mine...

just hunkered down with a LOT of classics this weekend, blew through turtles in time and a bunch of sports games with a buddy, tried rock n' roll racing (pretty good!), finally beat super star wars, ran through super mario 2 this morning in honor of the president of nintendo's recent passing, and had another successful playthrough of actraiser with max population and all items! my thumbs are killing me.

i hear mega man 9 is awesome! i'll have to try it out. 2 was always my favorite of the original series...
    Last edited by frankie teardrop; 09-22-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

i hear mega man 9 is awesome! i'll have to try it out. 2 was always my favorite of the original series...
    Oh yeah, MM9 is spectacular! Total throwback to the old school games, specifically 2. It's just Mega man and his piddily little buster. No charge shot, no slide, no gimmicks.
    Really well done game. Wish I could say the same about MM10, but it was a lackluster rush. You could tell the rushed it out, probably because they wanted to conclude the series with a nice whole number like 10.

My personal favorite is number 3, but 2 is great as well.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    UNDERRATED! i played through the original mario world hundreds of times as a kid, but never bought this, only rented it for one weekend and it never left my mind. i have to give this another shot soon...
    It was the very first game I ever played. My parents got me it and a SNES for my 5th birthday. It is by far the game I've spent the most hours playing in my life and as such I HAD to put it up the top of my list. Unfortunately I lost the original cart years ago but I've still got the GBA version lying around somewhere.

Screw the Konami Code, it's all about X X Y B A.