Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Gonna post this here too: Bad Witch makes me think of the Wizard of Oz (Glinda the Good Witch, the Wicked Witch and whatnot) and another possible link to a story about alternate realities, dream worlds, and the like. Also seems kind of like a very intentional reference to a kind of narrow goth/fairy tale aesthetic, especially with the very decayed, bootleg-seeming cover art (I'm sure someone else with a better knowledge of scene and genre art could help locate some of what it might be associating itself with).

And yeah, we all want to take a look at/into Shit Mirror and see what's reflected there. "Shit Mirror," as ridiculous as that title is, almost seems like the work of another band or genre ... some kind of metal/black metal (again, I could use some help here) association?
    Last edited by Pbgut; 05-10-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post

And yeah, we all want to take a look at/into Shit Mirror and see what's reflected there. "Shit Mirror," as ridiculous as that title is, almost seems like the work of another band or genre ... some kind of metal/black metal (again, I could use some help here) association?
    I keep thinking of 80’s hardcore punk when looking at the title “Shit Mirror”.