Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1916

Thread: Ministry

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looks like I'll be seeing Ministry at the HOB Anaheim again.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    DAMN! This is one good nostalgia trip- seen Ministry a couple times and KMFDM a few, and never left disappointed. FLA to boot!

Don’t think I’ll be able to make a show but have fun to those who can. Fuck.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Al finally recognizing how good his 80s discography is and giving these albums the love they deserve. I know he will never do With Symapthy stuff ever again but busting out a few Twitch songs can't hurt. Theres youtube video of him performing 'We Believe' as recently as 2003 so its not like he totally stopped playing those songs after the late 80s

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    What a fucking show man... And not a single fuckin' Canada date. I am so cheesed. Man. We get the shaft on EVERYTHING!
    Starting to hate this country. If I could pack my bags and join ya'll in the USA, I would. You guys get it all.
    This Canada thing is a joke. Pure joke. All we have is snow and 2 million dollar 500 sq ft 1 bedroom condos. Fuck this place.
    I just came home to see this and my spirits soared for like 5 seconds before crashing to earth.

Not even fucking Toronto? Jesus. What is happening lately?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    What a fucking show man... And not a single fuckin' Canada date. I am so cheesed. Man. We get the shaft on EVERYTHING!
    Starting to hate this country. If I could pack my bags and join ya'll in the USA, I would. You guys get it all.
    This Canada thing is a joke. Pure joke. All we have is snow and 2 million dollar 500 sq ft 1 bedroom condos. Fuck this place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I just came home to see this and my spirits soared for like 5 seconds before crashing to earth.

Not even fucking Toronto? Jesus. What is happening lately?
    This is just me speculating, but I’d imagine going through customs and an possibly traveling internationally is a pain in the ass for doing paperwork and taxes and what not. Maybe someone in the industry like @theimage13 can provide some insight.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Al finally recognizing how good his 80s discography is and giving these albums the love they deserve. I know he will never do With Symapthy stuff ever again but busting out a few Twitch songs can't hurt. Theres youtube video of him performing 'We Believe' as recently as 2003 so its not like he totally stopped playing those songs after the late 80s
    Yeah it was pretty awesome to hear Missing/Diety and finally Supernaut (after getting shafted at RIOTFEST, that would have been the perfect time to play it. But Trent couldn't be bothered to even give a New Order or Saul Williams cameo. Oh well, it was still awesome but I'm sure I'll always be slightly salty...)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    And no North Carolina date. I'd so go to that. Fuck!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    This is just me speculating, but I’d imagine going through customs and an possibly traveling internationally is a pain in the ass for doing paperwork and taxes and what not. Maybe someone in the industry like @theimage13 can provide some insight.
    I donno about that, because canada still gets the odd date attached to a US tour. But it's mainly been garbage pop acts that will tack on the odd Toronto or vancouver date. It just seems like we keep consistently getting the shaft. I mean, NIN skipped us on CB+I as well. I understand not coming out west, but the absence of even a Toronto date is concerning and unheard of.

I know that Sascha of KMFDM hates coming to Canada because he said the boarder always treats him like shit. Plus, the last time they were in Toronto the promoter stiffed them of their pay, so I'm sure those play a picture as to why he doesn't come here anymore, but this is Ministry's tour by the looks of it, and kmfdm are just guests. Doubt kmfdm have control over where they go on this one.

I mean, matchbox 20 and wallflowers are coming. Yay...
    /sarcasm

Just seems like anything in the goth/metal/industrial scene doesn't come up here anymore for whatever reason that is. Or at least they're coming here less and less and less.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    @ManBurning I feel your pain, Sioux falls usually gets crap like five finger death punch and imagine dragons, that's why I almost always have to travel. (We did get a string of good shows though, but that's few and far between)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    @ManBurning I feel your pain, Sioux falls usually gets crap like five finger death punch and imagine dragons, that's why I almost always have to travel. (We did get a string of good shows though, but that's few and far between)
    Yeah, I travel at least once if not twice a year for shows as well. I usually plan a huge outing once per year, which takes a huge bite out of the wallet, so it would be nice to recoup some and have bands come to me for once, but they never do. This year, we're doing Germany for the Wave Gothik Treffen Festival and then heading down to Switzerland for the Rammstein stadium show. This trip is gonna set my girlfriend and I back collectively around 10K. Sheesh... just thinking about it makes me want to cry, lol. Least KMFDM are gonna be at WGT this year, so that softens the blow a bit about this show not coming here. I know for a fact that Rammstein will never step a foot back into Vancouver again no matter what, so I know I need to travel to see them. They came here in 2012 to a half empty arena. The venue upgraded everyone in the upper bowl to lower bowl to try and pack the seats and make it look more busy, lol.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    That could be it, or it could be part of the story at least. It is expensive and time-consuming to get through customs just once if you have any previous convictions for something as "minor" as a DUI. It can be done, and it often is (as should be obvious by the number of tours that cross the border). But sometimes it may be prohibitively expensive, or you may have someone within the band even who just says "you know what, fuck that, we're not going through the hassle just for one fuckin' show".

Typical border crossing goes something like this: your bus pulls up to the border, usually at a painfully early hour of the morning after having finished your last show. If everyone on the bus has a squeaky-clean record, there's a small chance that an agent will board, match up passports with faces, and let you head on through. More often, it's "everyone off the bus," you each speak with an agent individually, and if you're clean it's still nothing more than your basic "any weapons, massive piles of cash, etc", then as soon as a cursory drug / weapons sweep of the bus is done, you're back on and heading to the next city. But if there is even ONE person on your bus who's got a prior conviction, it gets more complicated. You basically carry a letter that says "people who cost lots of money have made sure that I'm legally allowed to come in here even though I've been arrested for something". Sometimes they read your letter, have a quick chat with you, and let you go. Sometimes it takes an hour or more. In one instance, we almost missed a show because a carpenter had the same name (down to the middle initial) and hometown as someone wanted for aggravated assault and they held him (and thus, the rest of the bus) for six or seven hours.

So with that in mind, think about the history of people in a band like Ministry, as well as probably some of the people who work for them. If there's not a major demand for multiple Canadian shows that can all be done in two crossings (one in, one out), there is a very good chance that they could do the shows, but just don't want to deal with the hassle. This is, of course, merely speculation.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I read an interview with Al & it looks like they are even bringing the chain link fence across the front of the stage. Those were some insane shows back in the day.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Yeah, I travel at least once if not twice a year for shows as well. I usually plan a huge outing once per year, which takes a huge bite out of the wallet, so it would be nice to recoup some and have bands come to me for once, but they never do. This year, we're doing Germany for the Wave Gothik Treffen Festival and then heading down to Switzerland for the Rammstein stadium show. This trip is gonna set my girlfriend and I back collectively around 10K. Sheesh... just thinking about it makes me want to cry, lol. Least KMFDM are gonna be at WGT this year, so that softens the blow a bit about this show not coming here. I know for a fact that Rammstein will never step a foot back into Vancouver again no matter what, so I know I need to travel to see them. They came here in 2012 to a half empty arena. The venue upgraded everyone in the upper bowl to lower bowl to try and pack the seats and make it look more busy, lol.
    Yeah my local events center did that with Ghost a few months back. Pushed the stage forward too. Another manager i work with originally had seats right at the corner of the stage and ended up pretty far from it, I would be pissed off too but I had GA and was FOB so it didn't matter to me.

That's usually what happens here though, we get a string of shows that they have to close off the upper seats for and end up selling tickets for 20 bucks, then it's nothing for years and years. Why would a band want to play to that when they could go to Minneapolis or Lincoln and sell the place out and make double on merch? For use it boils down to being geographically in the middle of nowhere.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I read an interview with Al & it looks like they are even bringing the chain link fence across the front of the stage. Those were some insane shows back in the day.
    They had a fence as recently as on The Last Sucker tour, as seen on Adios DVD. Not sure about later tours.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Blabbermouth presale code is STRENGTH for those who didn't feel like searching.

Got my tickets for the First Avenue show!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    They had a fence as recently as on The Last Sucker tour, as seen on Adios DVD. Not sure about later tours.
    When I saw them at the Agora in Cleveland for the C U Latour, they had the fence there as well. I remember Al hanging off of it most of the show.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    When I saw them at the Agora in Cleveland for the C U Latour, they had the fence there as well. I remember Al hanging off of it most of the show.
    Lol at Al and all his "farewell" tours, I don't think he will ever retire for reals.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Yeah, I agree. I remember them making such a big deal about that being the real last tour, so i scrounged and saved thinking i'd never get the opportunity to see them again after that. Silly me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ok so i ordered my presale ticket via eventbright today at 10:03, just curious about what exactly this presale includes...is it just a GA ticket?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    ok so i ordered my presale ticket via eventbright today at 10:03, just curious about what exactly this presale includes...is it just a GA ticket?
    The privilege of having your ticket before everyone else does?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Holy Tripp Eisen lol.

I hope Al calls Tommy Victor to be back in the band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    By the sound of that article, there's all sorts of physical evidence; the emails, the texts, a lot of things to support the verbal claims. It doesn't look good for him, especially if his only defense is "well, they're all lying, ha ha it's a funny joke".

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Holy Tripp Eisen lol.
    Yeah but Tripp was pretending to be an impersonator of himself (that alone is fucked up enough.)

Anyways, not cool! Sounds like he has a history of this sort of shit too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Not just saying this because of the news on Sin. But I have never liked the guy. He has always set alarms off in interviews I have seen with him. He just always seemed kind of sketchy to me. That says a lot about a person when it involves a band like Ministry.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't think it's as bad as Tripp. Tripp held one captive, didn't he. Not saying this isn't bad. But, Tripp took it to another level iirc.

I've heard stories that Sin is a pretty nice guy. Never been a fan though. His stage antics always came off kinda douchey. Not a fan of his tone and playing much either tbh.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I don't think it's as bad as Tripp. Tripp held one captive, didn't he. Not saying this isn't bad. But, Tripp took it to another level iirc.

I've heard stories that Sin is a pretty nice guy. Never been a fan though. His stage antics always came off kinda douchey. Not a fan of his tone and playing much either tbh.
    Sin threw a pick at my face last December when I was at the San Diego show all because I wasn’t jamming out to the more recent shit in their set list.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Connelly is out now. https://www.facebook.com/ChrisConnellyOfficial/ While it doesn't say that it's because of the Sin stuff, I can't imagine why else he would pull out. Totally gutted about this, as Chris was the main reason I bought a ticket for this. Al should just boot Sin and call anyone else. Shit, just keep Cesar and run tapes for the second guitar, but to lose Connelly over Sin??? Really stupid on Al's part.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This sucks, at least the tour isn't for awhile, hopefully Al can get shit figured out.

edit the story was always that Paul left tool because he wanted to play guitar. Maybe move him over to that spot and bring the OTHER Paul back for bass duties?
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 01-19-2020 at 01:10 PM.