Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I don't get why everyone's so down on this idea (no offense to either of you). The overwhelming reaction to this has been negative. I feel like I'm the only person who actually thinks this is a good idea (besides Cranston and Gilligan...ha).

Here's my thing- yeah, there's nothing they could do in a movie that they couldn't do on TV. But my thought is, look, if this were someone else (even Mitch Hurwitz...though I'm cautiously optimistic about the supposed Arrested Development movie) I might be a bit worried. But I trust Vince Gilligan. The show has only gotten better with every season, and he seems to know what he's doing. He's earned my trust. So if he says he wants to extend the story- whether it's in movie form or on TV- I'm all for it.

It would be different if I thought he was artificially trying to extend the show beyond where it should stop. But Cranston was saying in that interview that Gilligan actually found, organically, through the process of writing the last season, that he had more story than the 16 episodes could fit. If it came naturally like that then it wasn't forced, and to me it just seems like, hey, I'm happy to have more BB. And if he decides a movie is the best medium for that story, I'm all for it. Think about it this way- what if he had instead come out and said, hey, you know, I was writing the final season and realized that the story really could- and should- extend into one more season after that...I just can't wrap it up in one season after all. Would people be so upset? Extending the show beyond when it should run is certainly to be avoided, but not extending it and trying to cram everything into 16 episodes when it could really use another season/a movie/a TV movie/a couple extra episodes or whatever to do the ending justice would be just as bad.

tl;dr- Cranston is God and if he says a movie is the way to go then THAT'S WHAT WE'RE GOING TO DO, GOD DAMMIT.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Fair enough.

IN OTHER COMPLETELY UNRELATED TV CROSS-OVER PHOTOSHOP NEWS...

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I haven't even seen Game of Thrones and I think that's fantastic.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Back to actual BB things: That second teaser you posted was fan-made. Note that every piece of footage and dialogue is from season 4.

This is the actual second teaser. Still not great, though.

Also, anyone wanting to buy a stick-on version of Jesses wrist tattoo can buy it here

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Yeah, that wasn't very good, but it's still nice to see some footage from the new season.

Thank you again for posting these, dude. Spoiler: If you ever have an ATM machine hovering over your face, I promise I won't push it down.
    Last edited by theruiner; 06-20-2012 at 03:44 AM.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, Aaron Paul has been randomly posting on his Twitter that he's standing at this phone booth near the set and he'll be taking calls from fans at said phone booth for the next X number of minutes. Well, I guess the other day it wasn't just Aaron Paul. Some lucky s.o.b. actually got to talk to...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Times like these that make me consider starting a twitter.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, um...the Breaking Bad season five cast photos are all pretty meh.

...Except number ten. Holy shit. I was seriously hoping this would happen and now we know. Slight spoiler, I guess (I mean, if you want to go in completely cold...but really, it's not much of a spoiler). Did I mention holy shit? Yeah. Holy shit. Cannot fucking wait.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Another day, another shitty promo with recycled footage, but this time with HUGE spoilers for pretty much every major thing that's happened so far

I guess we're just not getting an official trailer for the new season, huh? Just these awful commercials with 30 seconds of incredibly uneventful, boring footage from season five and/or spoiler-filled, cheap, cheesy crap like this? Awesome.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    the juxtaposition of jane's death with a 70s blaxploitation/funk soundtrack is incredibly bizarre.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Another day, another shitty promo with recycled footage, but this time with HUGE spoilers for pretty much every major thing that's happened so far

I guess we're just not getting an official trailer for the new season, huh? Just these awful commercials with 30 seconds of incredibly uneventful, boring footage from season five and/or spoiler-filled, cheap, cheesy crap like this? Awesome.
    Waiting for what now?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ...And I need to go take a shower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FYI iTunes has the first four seasons (in HD) bundled together for $49.99. Pretty awesome deal if you ask me.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Also, AMC has been showing anywhere from 1-3 episodes late at night so give your DVR some love and record to catch up.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Yeah, but it's almost over. I tuned in last night and they were already halfway through season four. It's probably only got five or six episodes left. The best bet is Netflix (though they only have seasons 1-3 streaming at the moment).

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Yeah, but it's almost over. I tuned in last night and they were already halfway through season four. It's probably only got five or six episodes left. The best bet is Netflix (though they only have seasons 1-3 streaming at the moment).
    Last night ended with Salud, IIRC there's only 3 episodes left, Crawl Space, End Times, and Face Off. They'll probably start the series over again tomorrow night though, if they keep doing 3 per night they can get through them all before the premier.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    ...there's only 3 episodes left, Crawl Space, End Times, and Face Off.
    All three of those episodes are amazing. "Crawl Space" is probably my favorite episode of the series (if that ending doesn't leave you with your jaw hanging open then you are not human).

Also, this scene from "End Times" is AMAZING. Spoilers, obviously, if you're not completely caught up. It's mirrored, which sucks, but it's the best I could find.
    Last edited by theruiner; 06-27-2012 at 03:18 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    All three of those episodes are amazing. "Crawl Space" is probably my favorite episode of the series (if that ending doesn't leave you with your jaw hanging open then you are not human).

Also, this scene from "End Times" is AMAZING. Spoilers, obviously, if you're not completely caught up. It's mirrored, which sucks, but it's the best I could find.
    That and the final scene from Crawl Space still give me chills. Need to get season 4 on DVD, streaming and waiting for AMC are killing me.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    "Um...he knows." haha

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    If ever there was an appropriate time for an all-caps post...that would be it

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I haven't seen Walt Jr. that excited since the last time he ate breakfast!

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ***SPOILERS*** if you are not completely caught up with the show.

New trailer

Holy shit.

Last edited by theruiner; 07-07-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    New trailer

Holy shit.
    I just climaxed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What does Mike say at 0:35? Before "How do we know?". Can't unterstand it

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I know he said Walt was trouble... is that what you might've been referring to?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
    What does Mike say at 0:35? Before "How do we know?". Can't unterstand it
    He said, "Well, you've got all the answers."

By the way, there are some really interesting things buried in that trailer. One specifically could be a spoiler if you really want to know nothing, and it was easy to miss, so I guess I'll put spoiler tags on it just in case

Spoiler: First, Mike is pointing his gun at Walt. I wasn't sure until I paused it. Secondly, the guy with the beard is Walt. I didn't recognize him until I paused. A beard AND a full head of hair? What could that mean? Is he trying to disguise himself? Hmmm...
    Last edited by theruiner; 07-08-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I just came out of every orifice. It was terrifying.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    The way Mike says "Do you even know what you've done?" gives me fucking chills.

Edit:

*Spoilers if you are not completely caught up*

Oh, hello there.
    Last edited by theruiner; 07-09-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)