Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Benefits of nin member tickets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Benefits of nin member tickets?

Hey
    First time I've got nin.com member tickets and I was wondering if the entry time was early enough to attend soundcheck or see anything amazing? Is it worth going early?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    It's worth going early if you have standing tickets and you're after a spot on the rail. Never heard of them doing any soundchecks or anything exciting prior however (who knows, you may get lucky though )

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I did the presale thru nin.com on the St. Paul, and while we dint get to see the soundcheck, the band (minus TR, the back up singers and Pino) bought everybody waiting in line pizza. No shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I did the presale thru nin.com on the St. Paul, and while we dint get to see the soundcheck, the band (minus TR, the back up singers and Pino) bought everybody waiting in line pizza. No shit.
    Similar thing happened in Birmingham right before Year Zero came out. They let everyone in, gave us all Pizza and played us Year Zero (before it had leaked or anything). Trent came out and spoke ot everyone briefly via the stage.

I'm not going ot lie, that was pretty effing awesome.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    That was because it was the first show of the tour. They never did anything like that at the other shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, it looks like I will go early then. Who knows what might happen...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    You do get a lapdance from Robin, but he does that anyway

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Presale tickets haven't got you anything special in years. The YZ and pizza days were for Spiral tickets.

Seeing as they advertise the presale constantly on Facebook and Twitter now it's just another avenue to buy, early entry and (in the USA) less stupid fees aside.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    And also, they look cool.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I like the early entry you get. I bought a presale ticket for the Rockhal in Luxemburg. Unfortunately there was no presale for Antwerp.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Don't expect anything like seeing the band waiting on line. Really, the chances of that are tiny. If it's outdoor, you might hear the soundcheck from the line, which can be fun, but isn't special for presale tickets. Even if you don't have GA floor tickets, there can be a few tiny benefits to going early, like, getting to the merch booth or food/drink or bathrooms without lines. Or you can sit in your seat and laugh at the people on the floor.

You know, don't ruin your day trying to get there early. But if you're not doing anything else, why not? It doesn't cost anything extra.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The presale at Scala (London) came with physical tickets and a wristband, albeit paper. I hope they do something like that again as the wristband was pretty cool - although most of the ink had come off mine by the time I'd gotten out of the sweaty crowd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's a public holiday that day in France so I'll probably go early. Not that I'm expecting anything but I'd be gutted if I missed Robin giving away some of his homemade raw lasagna.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, have to say I was VERY impressed with how the LG Arena handled the early entry deal. We were given numbered wristbands based on our position in the queue, then once we got our tickets at about 5pm we were able to wonder around for an hour or so to buy food, merch etc and then not lose your place in line, when it reformed inside the building. Actually felt like it was very much worth the effort.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Do all presale tickets look the same? The ones we got in Berlin were really, really, REALLY bad. They even look a lot worse than the generic tickets everyone else bought.

That's what we got:
    (image orginally posted by Stefler)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    They'll be the venue's generic ticket, for any band/venue

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    That's not true with the presale tickets in the States. They were special stock, printed by the band.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Well you guys are fancy, us europeans all live in mud farms :P

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Well, then my question is what's up with NIN promising fancy tickets with names printed on them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Well, then my question is what's up with NIN promising fancy tickets with names printed on them?
    Where did you hear/read that? I bought 3 presale tickets and never saw any such thing mentioned.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote from the email receipt I got after purchasing my two presale tickets from nin.com:

Will-call orders will be held at the NIN.com special venue entrance/will call the day of the event.

Your tickets will have your name printed on them, and you must show matching valid government-issued photo ID at the venue in order to pick up your tickets.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Logistics. Organising a tour and catering to whiny fans is difficult.

The LG arena was very well handled, despite the venue staff continually pushing to do their own thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    US tickets for Tension tour has it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacabreMagpie View Post
    Wow, have to say I was VERY impressed with how the LG Arena handled the early entry deal. We were given numbered wristbands based on our position in the queue, then once we got our tickets at about 5pm we were able to wonder around for an hour or so to buy food, merch etc and then not lose your place in line, when it reformed inside the building. Actually felt like it was very much worth the effort.
    At what time did they put your numbered wristband?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Here is one of my tickets from the Tension tour...

OH MY GOD WHY IS IT SO HUGE?!?!?!

Anyway, the blue part is shiny/metallic.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Here you can kinda see what NIN.com pre-sale tickets have looked like in north america since The Spiral (front to back: Spiral, LITS, NIN|JA, not pre-sale, Wave Goodbye, Tension 13, not pre-sale) as well as Trension 13's special nin.com wrist bands at the top, numbered with line position.
    This is a bit closer up shot, from before Tension, so you can see a bit more detail.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    I've always loved the presale line for shooting the shit with fellow die hard fans. Did the whole pizza with nin in st paul. Got to hand out a bunch of shirts and Still CDs. That presale we had to line up for wristbands and stay in line. Las Vegas we got to get our wristbands early and could leave, then line up in the same numbered order later. Early entry is great if they have some kind of limited merch unlike the "limited" Tension prints. For a seated show like I have coming up with Vegas and Red Rocks I won't worry about showing up early. And every presale ticket I've had since the spiral have been custom printed nin tickets with name.
    Last edited by heavenly_bearded; 05-19-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yesterday did not have custom printed tickets with names. As with wristbands and what time you get numbered and whether you can leave, some of it might be logistics (as I previously said) or clashes with venue security. I don't particularly care about having my name next to the NIN logo on a piece of paper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrolok1 View Post
    At what time did they put your numbered wristband?
    It was just before 5, I think. Then, when everyone had bands on we had to go through the entrance and collect our ticket then into the pre-show area. That all happened relatively quickly though I was #29.

As already said, though, this schedule/routine may differ from venue to venue.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    I've always loved the presale line for shooting the shit with fellow die hard fans. Did the whole pizza with nin in st paul. Got to hand out a bunch of shirts and Still CDs. That presale we had to line up for wristbands and stay in line. Las Vegas we got to get our wristbands early and could leave, then line up in the same numbered order later. Early entry is great if they have some kind of limited merch unlike the "limited" Tension prints. For a seated show like I have coming up with Vegas and Red Rocks I won't worry about showing up early. And every presale ticket I've had since the spiral have been custom printed nin tickets with name.
    That's one of the saddest things about this being an all seated tour, no hanging out with fellow fans in line for hours. No making new friends, sharing stories.