Page 17 of 137 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Chris Evans & Jeremy Renner joke about Black Widow being a "slut" and a "complete whore." Internet explodes.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    well that was tasteless.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Wow they are casting spiderman suuuuuper young. Whats up with that? Maybe theyre trying to avoid him aging out?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Re: Daredevil

Go back and watch the scene where the sniper takes out the officers, and take a really close look at the sniper's bag. See if you get it.

Oh, just tell us behind a spoiler tag.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post

Chris Evans & Jeremy Renner joke about Black Widow being a "slut" and a "complete whore." Internet explodes.
    For what it's worth: they apologized.

Although Renner's apology could have been a lot better. I love Renner as an actor; he's immensely talented but he's one of those person I think I wouldn't like in real life. And he does have a history of making tasteless comments (J-Lo's globes, anyone?). His agents must be getting small heart attacks every time he opens his mouth because he tends to put his foot in it a lot.

Every time the thought of making a sexist joke comes to his mind, he should remember that he has a daughter and how those "jokes" will make her feel one day. Meh.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Oh, just tell us behind a spoiler tag.
    You got it:

Spoiler: There's an Ace of Spades sticking out of one of the pouches. That's Bullseye.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Finished Daredevil. I've seen a few people mention how episode 7 is where the show starts to drag a little, and it certainly did, but the turnaround from the end of 11 is fantastic.

Spoiler: It's a strong testament to how invested in Fisk's arc I was that I was genuinely upset when Karen shot Wesley to death, even though he absolutely deserved it for being such an arrogant piece of shit. Ben's death was just as tragic, though Leland's was pretty damn funny. Fisk just straight up ate a taser shot and powered through like it didn't even touch him. Incredible. Don't ever fuck with the Kingpin of Crime unless you're Daredevil.

Overall, it was a very strong season of television. I have high hopes for the rest of them. Plus, Avengers in five days!!!!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Overall, it was a very strong season of television. I have high hopes for the rest of them. Plus, Avengers in five days!!!!
    Finished it, too. I quite liked it, and I agree that Kingpin was done very, very well. Vincent D'Onofrio is one of those great actors who I felt is perpetually underrated and underused. He's a method actor who disappears into roles, even supporting ones like Strange Days and Men in Black. He was great in The Cell, and I think he was the best part of Full Metal Jacket. He lends a ton of gravitas to the Kingpin, making him a sorrowful gentleman with a lot of controlled rage that explodes out periodically. They really made you care about him and kind of understand where he's coming from, even though you don't necessarily agree with him.

Daredevil's costume I was a little mixed on(I actually think the movie got that fairly right), but overall, well done show.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    OH SHIT! That would be fucking great! Now who the hell could do a good job as Castle...?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    Daredevil's costume I was a little mixed on(I actually think the movie got that fairly right), but overall, well done show.
    So was I, but I like the way it was brought on ; "I keep getting my ass handed over to me, I got almost eviscerated, and fatty here seems impervious to stabbing, I could actually use that instead of my ninja pajamas..."
    It wasn't that he wanted to look cool, and it wasn't knitted by the mandatory Gyro Gearloose buddy/mentor. They cleverly embedded it among the whole war against the Kingpin he had going on, how it was brought up, how he came in possession of it, and when he eventually used it.
    Not a huge fan of the design either, too Batman to me with all that padding, but hell, DD's costume's a ferrari red spandex suit, and the mask has little horns. Your only choice is to betray the design a bit, but actually I wish they had betrayed it a bit more...
    Actually I liked what they did with the temporary suit, how they dealt with the mask, squarely covering his eyes. I wish they went along with something like that, it made him more mysterious and somehow frightening.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    That is fantastic news! I really hope they explore some back story into Nick Furry and Moon Knight (not holding my breath for this). They could get the story to converge with Daredevil by introducing Bulls Eye as one of the main protagonists. One thing they would have to sidestep is how Spiderman is also intertwined with Kingpin.
    This could work if they forgo the origin as to how Frank Castle became The Punisher in a run the numbers kind of way.

As great as Thomas Jane was the Punisher I'd go with Karl Urban, Frank Grillo or, Timothy Olyphant.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    As great as Thomas Jane was the Punisher I'd go with Karl Urban, Frank Grillo or, Timothy Olyphant.
    oh, man...karl urban or timothy olyphant would be great!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Frank Grillo is already Crossbones so that wouldn't work, but I definitely wouldn't mind to see Jane take on the character again.

I really enjoyed the Dirty Laundry short and you can tell he has a passion for the character.

Depends if you want to go full on psycho Punisher, or humanize him a bit though.

You definitely don't need to retell the origins either way, similar to what they did with Incredible Hulk would be perfect, ala a very loose requel (reboot/sequel).

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    oh, man...karl urban or timothy olyphant would be great!
    I'm not sure about Olyphant... Maybe it's the bad taste he left from Live Free Or Die Hard, or Hitman, but he doesn't work for me. Urban might do it well. I really enjoyed Tom Jane as Castle, despite the flaws of that movie, including the almost shot for shot ripoff of Mad Max in the scene where his wife and son are killed.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Karl Urban or Thomas Jane as Frank Castle or I'm not watching.
    On somewhat related note, Frank Grillo is my shit. /drunk post

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I could possibly see Sullivan Stapleton as Frank Castle or even Richard Armitage.

I have Karl Urban too locked into the roles of Dredd and Bones for me to really think of him as being The Punisher though. Hmm.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First promo art for Captain America: Civil War, the next movie in the MCU.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I thought ant man was tue next movie in the MCU

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My bad, meant the next Cap movie.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Everyone is stepping over Ant-Man. It's gonna be good!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    Everyone is stepping over Ant-Man. It's gonna be good!
    But... it's not going to be great. Expectations were so high with Edgar Wright's involvement but my interest waned once Wright was out of the project.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Edgar Wright's fingerprints are still all over this movie. Sure it got re-tooled by Marvel and Reed. But Edgar built that movie from the ground up for years. I'm sure a lot of his core ideas are still in there.

I guess I have high hopes... Ant-Man was always a fav of mine as a kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From the trailer I've seen, it looks good and people are going to see it... All that matters is whether what people see is good or not. MCU has never disappointed (except for Thor 1).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRFTS View Post
    From the trailer I've seen, it looks good and people are going to see it... All that matters is whether what people see is good or not. MCU has never disappointed (except for Thor 1).
    hey, i like the first thor! what's wrong with it?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRFTS View Post
    From the trailer I've seen, it looks nothing close to the source material. All that matters is whether the liberties they took with the source materials do it justice and thematically make sense. What people see is good or not. MCU has never disappointed (except for Iron Man 2 and 3).
    Fixed (A poor attempt at humor).

Spoiler: I really hope they explain how Hank Pym was the first Yellowjacket and how he transforms into Antman.
    My main gripe with the trailer is that it seems to be a dramedy. They didn't allude to all the drama and struggles that is associated with Hank.
    The trailer showed a Hank Pym that is one dimensional.
    Hopefully Marvel held back what makes Hank Pym so intriguing so as to not spoil Hanks story.

Edit I just re-watched the trailer. Spoiler: What the hell is going on with hanks daughter being in the trailer but not one mention of Wasp? Are they saving the reveal for another trailer?
    Last edited by ziltoid; 05-05-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    They're maybe saving the reveal for, you know, the movie.

I think Ant-Man's going to be just fine. If it's great, great. If it's not, oh well.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    So Martin Freeman's been announced as an unknown cast member in Civil War.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    And in an interview, Tom Hardy said he wants to be The Punisher.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Great Interview all about Age of Ultron. Really in depth overview of why what made it into the film and what didn't. Great listen. If you're an mcu fan, check it out.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=120083