Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
I've finished Silent Hill 1-3, and Homecoming. I quite enjoyed Homecoming, but not as good as earlier ones. I got to the last battle in The Room once but failed to win, haven't been really bothered to play all the way through again to stop Eileen practically running to her death. I'll probably wait till it's cheaper to get Downpour

Yes, Alrea you were much better off getting the PS2 versions!
I'm REALLY glad I did, for a couple reasons. One, because SH 2 and 3 were amazing, and two, because buying a PS2 again gave me the chance to get a few other games I loved playing as a kid. :P

Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
I'm about halfway through Downpour and I'm enjoying it more than Homecoming. Not that Homecoming was bad.. the story seemed held back by terrible supporting characters, but the story itself is okay and has a fair amount of lore and reasoning behind it. I'd play it again if I ever had time (which I never seem to have any more)..
I've heard a lot of mixed opinions on Homecoming, so I'm just going into it with an open mind like I have the rest. SH 1, 2, 3, and Downpour are the only ones I've played all the way through so far, but Downpour is probably my least favorite...Mainly because there were so few parts where I actually felt scared, or like Murphy was in real danger. The story was good, the sidequests were creative, and I didn't really see the ending(s) coming until the latter portion of the game...even the music was pretty decent without Yamaoka. There were just a bunch of things they could have worked on for another month or two to really make it a great game. It would be okay as its own game in a world without the rest of the "Silent Hill" franchise, but as a Silent Hill game, it falls a little flat for me in some parts. Like I said, I'll probably buy it once it's cheaper. I don't hate it at all. It just could've been a lot better.