Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Foo Fighters

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    imdb pegs the budget at $1.7M -- not sure how they come to that estimate, though.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Managed to score a ticket to the show in Sydney Australia today. Will be there on vacation last 2 weeks of February, show aligned perfectly for when I was there, so why the hell not!

Ended up spending a little too high above my budget for this show though... Ended up with the highest priced ticketing level for a seat kind of by an accident. $200 a pop! (OUCH!) The GA Floor seats were even cheaper at $150... Was aiming for the cheap seats in the $92-120 range.

Logged right on from work at the sale time. Chose "Section B" for 2 seated tickets... Nothing... went back... chose "section C" (lower price level)... nothing... went back...
    chose "best available" in the whole venue... nothing. Nothing at all 1 minute after they went on sale at a friggin Stadium of 50,000+ seats? Something is wrong...

I kept refreshing over and over under "best available" and always got nothing... To make matters worse there is this bullshit timer that you need to complete your purchase by and it doesn't reset by each new "page" you go to. So 38 seconds left on the clock and 2 really shitty seats in section C show up for $92 ones. I was like "sure, whatever... gotta grab something" but 38 seconds left... and I get kicked out and sent back to the queue. "Too many fans on the site now, please wait" FUCK THAT! I was in!!

Totally pissed off at this point... But I wait the queue line out, get back in |select 2 seats Best available... Row 11 beside the stage comes up, $200 a pop... Fuuuuck...
    This is more than I wanted to spend on Foo Fighters... *watch the clock tick down*... if I throw these back in and try for another set, there is a chance I might not get anything again.... FUCK IT... *grabs credit card* I'll work some overtime to pay these tickets off, you only live once.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Apparently next Tuesday, the 18th, is when the US tour dates will get announced! Getting pretty excited about it, although my bank account probably won't be. Hopefully tickets won't be as hard to get as they have been for the stadium shows so far.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Did someone order the vinyl of Sonic Highways? I know it comes with a download card but I heard the quality of said download is 128 kbps, is that true?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Foo fighters at coachella?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Did someone order the vinyl of Sonic Highways? I know it comes with a download card but I heard the quality of said download is 128 kbps, is that true?
    iTunes tells me that they're 320, but I don't know how accurate that might be.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    BOOM!

Foo Fighters 2014-2015 Tour Dates:
    11/21 – New Orleans, LA @ House of Blues
    12/10 – Cape Town, SA @ Cape Town Stadium ^
    12/13 – Johannesburg, SA @ FNB Stadium ^
    01/15 – Santiago, CL @ Estadio Nacional
    01/18 – Buenos Aires, AR @ Estadio Unico De La Plata
    01/21 – Porto Alegre, BR @ Estacionamento Da Fiegs
    01/23 – Sao Paulo, BR @ Estadio Do Morumbi
    01/25 – Rio de Janerio, BR @ Estadio Do Marcana
    01/28 – Belo Horizonte, BR @ Mega Space
    01/31 – Bogota, CO @ Estadio El Campin
    02/08 – Christchurch, NZ @ AMI Stadium
    02/21 – Auckland, AU @ Mt. Smart Stadium
    02/24 – Brisbane, AU @ Suncorp Stadium
    02/26 – Sydney, AU @ ANZ Stadium
    02/28 – Melbourne, AU @ Etihad Stadium
    03/02 – Hobart, AU @ Derwent Entertainment Centre
    03/04 – Adelaide, AU @ Coopers Stadium
    03/07 – Perth, AU @ NIB Stadium
    05/25 – Sunderland, UK @ Sunderland Stadium of Light
    05/27 – Manchester, UK @ Emirates Old Trafford
    06/05-07 – Nürburg, DE @ Rock am Ring
    06/05-07 – Nuremberg, DE @ Rock im Park
    06/10 – Oslo, NO @ Telenor Arena
    06/12 – Gothenburg, SE @ Ullevi Stadium
    06/13-14 – Landgraaf, NL @ Pinkpop Festival
    06/19 – London, UK @ Wembley Stadium
    06/20 – London, UK @ Wembley Stadium
    06/23 – Edinburgh, UK @ BT Murrayfield Stadium
    06/25-28 – Werchter, BE @ Rock Werchter
    07/04 – Washington, DC @ RFK Stadium #
    07/06 – Camden, NJ @ Susquehanna Bank Center %
    07/09 – Toronto, ON @ Molson Canadian Ampitheatre %
    07/16 – New York, NY @ Citi Field %
    07/18 – Boston, MA @ Fenway Park &
    07/19 – Boston, MA @ Fenway Park %
    08/12 – Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place %
    08/13 – Calgary, AB @ Scotiabank Saddledome %
    08/17 – Denver, CO @ Fidler’s Green Ampitheatre %
    08/19 – Maryland Heights, MO @ Verizon Wireless Ampitheater %
    08/21 – Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center %
    08/22 – St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center %
    08/24 – Detroit, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre %
    08/27 – Indianapolis, IN @ Klipsch Music Center
    08/29 – Chicago, IL @ Wrigley Field *
    09/11 – Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena
    09/12 – George, WA @ Gorge Ampitheatre
    09/14 – Portland, OR @ Moda Center
    09/16 – Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Ampitheatre
    09/18 – Anaheim, CA @ Honda Center
    09/21 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum
    09/25 – Phoenix, AZ @ AK-Chin Pavilion
    09/27 – Albuquerque, NM @ Isleta Ampitheater
    09/29 – Oklahoma City, OK @ Chesapeake Energy Arena
    09/30 – Wichita, KS @ INTRUST Bank Arena
    10/04 – Atlanta, GA @ Centennial Olympic Park
    10/05 – Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
    10/07 – Memphis, TN @ FedEx Forum
    ^ = w/ Kaiser Chiefs and BLK JKS
    % = w/ Royal Blood
    & = w/ Mission of Burma
    # = w/ Buddy Guy, Gary Clark Jr., Heart, Joan Jett, Trombone Shorty, LL Cool J featuring DJ Z-Trip, and Trouble Funk
    * = w/ Cheap Trick, Urge Overkill, and Naked Raygun

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    thanks, was waiting for these. its quite retarded though, gotta buy ticket to a show that almost a year away... wtf.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, been waiting for the US dates all day. I'm not sure if I should be excited or nervous now, because I can make a good handful of those shows ... but I'm guessing tickets will be extremely tough to get.

First presale is box office only, so that rules out that possibility since I'm not close enough to any of the venues. Going to have to cross my fingers for the online presale

Luckily I snagged tickets for the July 4th DC show awhile back, so at least I'll have that!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Wichita, Kansas City, and Maryland Heights. I'M COMIN' FOR YA.

Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    thanks, was waiting for these. its quite retarded though, gotta buy ticket to a show that almost a year away... wtf.
    The way I see it, that's just more time to save a little here and there for merch and gas money. Besides, by then I'll be balls deep in schoolwork, so I'll probably appreciate the trip(s).

Throws me back to watching Back & Forth, when they talk about how far in advance they had to start selling Wembley Stadium tickets in like, 2007 or 2008. Now they've got a whole US tour that they're announcing almost a year in advance, a TV series, and Grohl is pretty much establishing himself even more as a rock 'n roll icon. Band's come a looong way!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-18-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Am I missing the NOLA date somewhere?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Am I missing the NOLA date somewhere?
    They're playing on Friday.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I mean like a real show... Like they're doing in all of the other goddamn cities. WHY WOULD THEY LEAVE THE BEST CITY OFF?!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Prices fro Vancouver aren't up, but Edmonton and Calgary's top price level is $89-96 which isn't bad! Maybe i'm just saying that because I dished out $200 each for tickets to Sydney, Australia last week... Goddamn, really puts into perspective how well North America really has it. I thought ticket prices in Canada were disgusting... til I bought tickets to an event in Australia, wow.

Not sure I want to get up at 7am and lineup outside in the cold Saturday morning though... They have a "beat the bots" pre-sale this saturday at the box office venues to each city. Giving actual humans a shot at getting the best tickets as opposed to doing it online and having a scalper scalp them all up.

Regular sale is December 5th. I think i'll just deal with fighting off the bots on the internet in a warm heated environment.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    No Florida? Fuck you too, Dave. Christ.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    There are apparently more dates coming.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    So, does anyone have any more information for tomorrow? It says "Like up begins" at 9:00 and "Line up ends" and 3:00. Does that mean whoever shows up during those times is allowed to purchase tickets? Do I need to get up before jesus to stand in line tomorrow? WHAT IS THIS?!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So, does anyone have any more information for tomorrow? It says "Like up begins" at 9:00 and "Line up ends" and 3:00. Does that mean whoever shows up during those times is allowed to purchase tickets? Do I need to get up before jesus to stand in line tomorrow? WHAT IS THIS?!
    well, i guess the sooner the better... I remember the good old days of standing in line to get tickets at will call, it sucked then but it made for some memory now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It looks like each venue is a little different. I would honestly play it safe and, yes, get up before Jesus. I was debating driving 4 hours to St Paul, but I decided I wasn't that big of a diehard. If I had gone, I would have tried to get there and be parked by 7am.

Some venues are doing a lottery-type thing, probably cuz theyre assuming that a gazillion ppl will all get there at the same time in the morning. Some venues (like Xcel in StP) are "no camping allowed." Some have some crazy-ass complicated rules. I'm not on the Foo forums, but there's a good NA Tour thread I've been creeping on for awhile.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I showed up at 12:24, and was out by 12:30. There were 3 people in front of me. That was awesome as shit.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Evidently, there were at least 400 people at the Sprint Center in KC today. Fuck.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I mean like a real show... Like they're doing in all of the other goddamn cities. WHY WOULD THEY LEAVE THE BEST CITY OFF?!
    May have something to do with them just playing the Voodoo Festival a few weeks back. NOLA may be in the radius clause for Austin City Limits though, which would exclude them from playing in the area. These dates make it pretty obvious at ACL, so that whole region gets screwed because of the festival date. Wouldn't be surprised to see them do Jazz Fest in April if that is the case.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Evidently, there were at least 400 people at the Sprint Center in KC today. Fuck.
    I was at work a couple of blocks away when the sale happened, but a friend that I work with went at 12:30 when everything had died down and was able to score me a floor ticket, but he said that the people at the box office were saying that lower level was already sold out and most of the sides on the upper level were gone already from the Beat The Bots sale. There won't be much on the general sale, when that happens.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I was at work a couple of blocks away when the sale happened, but a friend that I work with went at 12:30 when everything had died down and was able to score me a floor ticket, but he said that the people at the box office were saying that lower level was already sold out and most of the sides on the upper level were gone already from the Beat The Bots sale. There won't be much on the general sale, when that happens.
    Fuck me. Here I was hoping I'd be good if I waited for the general sale. Oh well, won't stop me from trying.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Do you think that everything was available for this, though? I would think that they allocated a certain amount for this. Maybe I'm full of shit, though. I mean, they have to save SOME for people who live far away and couldn't make it to the venues today.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I think when coming directly through the venue, it's up the discretion of the venue whether or not to hold back 10% for presale or just run with it. In the case of the KC crowd, i'm betting they saw how many were there and just said "screw it, open it all up".

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    EDIT: It's all good. I received the e-mail with the pre-sale password for Monday's pre-sale just now.
    Original message:

Anyone here subscribed to the Foo Fighters newsletter get a pre-sale code for Monday's "fan Club" pre-sale? They said they sent one out to subscribers of the mailing list, which I am, but the last e-mail I got was just announcing the dates and where to go "beat the bots". Never got a pre-sale code for Monday. If anyone has one can you be so generous of sending me a PM with the info. I hope there aren't multiple pre-sale codes for all the different citys... Bah... Shoulda just went to beat the bots last weekend, but I was busy sleeping in Saturday morning from a Friday night drink-fest.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-26-2014 at 01:55 AM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Well, I guess tickets just went on sale at 3pm today (about 15min ago) and I'm now just finding out about this

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    ^ $20!? Holy Smokes, that's a steal of a deal for a FF club show.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Krist was conspicuously absent in that episode.