Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW SINGLE: Came Back Haunted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    so i guess this track is not getting an official "single" release since it's not assigned a halo.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    so i guess this track is not getting an official "single" release since it's not assigned a halo.
    I don't think official "single" releases exist in Trent's mind, any more. Rob said (talking about HTDA) that the singles would essentially be promotional only, without Sigil numbers. It harkens back to what Interscope would do with the single releases, and why they left a Halo number off of Capital G.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Didn't Trent say he'd not release any more "singles" as far back as 2007?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Discipline and Echoplex weren't Halos but we still got to hear them...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Same with In this Twilight, My Violent Heart and Me, Im Not

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Didn't Trent say he'd not release any more "singles" as far back as 2007?

I know he expressed some disappointment as to what the singles became from a customer value standpoint, and something to the tune of Interscope just putting them out as basically a cash grab.

I can't imagine he would feel the same about singles pre-Fragile though (I recall the handling of WITT was when he started to have some doubts). Not true singles, but that's why NIN was particularly fucking awesome back in those days, because you got a hell of a lot more than just a single.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    I know he expressed some disappointment as to what the singles became from a customer value standpoint, and something to the tune of Interscope just putting them out as basically a cash grab.

I can't imagine he would feel the same about singles pre-Fragile though (I recall the handling of WITT was when he started to have some doubts). Not true singles, but that's why NIN was particularly fucking awesome back in those days, because you got a hell of a lot more than just a single.
    The thing is that there's no market for things like that, any more. Plus, he probably doesn't have that sort of material just sitting around, or he isn't interested in commissioning remixes for a single.

I'm perfectly fine with Halos only being LP or EP-length releases, plus live video and whatever.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I cannot believe this hasn't leaked yet. We are usually so good at finding this stuff "mysteriously".

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    I cannot believe this hasn't leaked yet. We are usually so good at finding this stuff "mysteriously".
    Me too. It seems like radio stations across the country have this and are ready to play it at the exact same time tomorrow. As @Leviathant recently mentioned, DJs shouldn't be trusted. Why hasn't one leaked this to get some reputation points? I wonder if it isn't being distributed to the radio stations until an hour before airtime.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Me too. It seems like radio stations across the country have this and are ready to play it at the exact same time tomorrow. As @Leviathant recently mentioned, DJs shouldn't be trusted. Why hasn't one leaked this to get some reputation points? I wonder if it isn't being distributed to the radio stations until an hour before airtime.
    To your last point... it will probably be digitally distributed to them. Thus meaning that NIN can send it out to everyone at the same time with one button and when THEY want to.
    Last edited by Canuckle; 06-05-2013 at 10:07 PM. Reason: I lie; People have claimed to have heard it

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    To your last point... it will probably be digitally distributed to them. Thus meaning that NIN can send it out to everyone at the same time with one button and when THEY want to.
    But multiple DJs have been saying that they've already heard it...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    But multiple DJs have been saying that they've already heard it...
    Excellent point.

.... I'll go Wayne's World 10 minutes back and retract my statement

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    September. So. Far. Away. I can't wait to hear this song but I will surely wear it completely out by September

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    "Hesitation Marks" gets the "Impossible Pain" title rumors out of the way, at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Halos are generally (though I may be mistaken) released on a disc format (hence, halo) and this will most likely not receive a dedicated physical copy. So no halo. However there was that Capital G promo... poking holes, leaving hesitation marks. HA.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by losertron View Post
    Halos are generally (though I may be mistaken) released on a disc format (hence, halo) and this will most likely not receive a dedicated physical copy. So no halo. However there was that Capital G promo... poking holes, leaving hesitation marks. HA.
    Don't forget about seeds!
    Seed 07, here we come!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Don't forget about seeds!
    Seed 07, here we come!
    Assuming it get's *cough*ed up on TPB? ha.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I mean, it's not really a big deal. How many people would actually be excited to buy a physical copy of this single? What would we expect to be on it? Eighteen remixes that all suck? Put them on Soundcloud.

Speaking of Soundcloud, I wonder if the single will be uploaded and then the download box will be conveniently left checked, Keep it together-style.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So the first single is three months before the album. Any other reason for this than tour dates?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So the first single is three months before the album. Any other reason for this than tour dates?
    i sure hope there is tour dates to accompany the single tomorrow. i'm really hoping for miami, orlando, tampa stops. road trip with the wife and kids!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    How long does physical production usually take?

I can only offer an opinion that this has all happened very fast and TR announced it while things like artwork and the physical release are still being wrapped up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well three months after a single is released seems like a pretty standard release schedule to me. It gives the album enough time to gain some hype momentum.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: NEW SINGLE: Came Back Haunted

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    If I remember correctly ETS found the page for radio stations to Download Immigrant Song the night that debuted. It quickly got put on password protected lock down. But it was found.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    If I remember correctly ETS found the page for radio stations to Download Immigrant Song the night that debuted. It quickly got put on password protected lock down. But it was found.
    Exactly, we always get it before some how. Hopefully, when I awake tomorrow there will be a link.

Quote Originally Posted by losertron View Post
    Assuming it get's *cough*ed up on TPB? ha.
    I have been checking.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I doubt a leak before it hits the airwaves... I'm sure it's exclusive and promo etc... I mean less people will tune in if it's leaked already! Think of how great it would be if you were a sales rep with all these exclusives to add value to the spot.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

NEW SINGLE: Came Back Haunted

Man, I wish it was the old days and the world premier of the single was via a video on MTV.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Man, I wish it was the old days and the world premier of the single was via a video on MTV.
    Think about that again... this time, dig DEEP...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Uh, guys... (seriously, no trolling)

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2013/0...-back-haunted/

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pushingreality View Post
    I was just about to post that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pushingreality View Post