Ah, well, I wasn't actually calling you British, fascist, nationalist or any other thing. I was trying to say that grousing about 'foreigners' pissing all over the special thing that only you get to have because of where you're from associates you with some rather ugly lines of thinking. I don't think you actually think what you said - if you do, shame on you, because that invalidates English-speaking K-pop fans, Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton's take on the blues, the entire French hip-hop scene and all manner of other wonderful things that wouldn't have happened if artists and critics had stayed comfortably in their lanes. No, I think you were trolling, trying to get me to say something crazy by saying something offensive. Garden-variety, Youtube-comments-section level angry internet kid crap. Next time, try saying "I think what you said is stupid and wrong but I don't want to meet you on your terms, so fuck you anyway". Or just stick to sneering Bowie gifs, at least he's pretty.

Brian saying that a US tour will happen when gay marriage is legalized is pretty weak. We've had gay marriage for years up here in the frozen north, so why isn't Brian rewarding our progressive politics with a set of intimate gigs in scenic locales like Moose Jaw, Winnipeg, Whitehorse or Sicamous? Unfortunately, Placebo doesn't have the fanbase that they used to in North America, and getting across the border is a massive pain in the ass. I can hardly blame Brian & the rest for not wanting to tour here, it seems like an awful lot of work for not a lot of profit. I sure can take issue, though, with Brian annoying his fanbase with statements like "We won't tour until gay marriage is legalized". Surely most everyone who would be interested in paying to see Placebo is already fully on board with the idea of gay marriage, and unable to do anything significant about it. He may as well just say, "We'll tour the US when pigs fly".