Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Things That Piss You Off - more bitching about your mom

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Believe me, I feel for you, but "closeting" isn't limited to gay or bi-identified individuals. Whole lot of people out there who feel too ashamed to address their sexual proclivities — and pathologically separate it from their public life — of all stripes and varieties of orientation. Homophobia is a separate issue as I see it. On the other hand, I do find that media fixation on "outing" people does usually tend to circulate around homophobic biases.
    Last edited by botley; 04-23-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I start getting better about this whole break up thing, and then I hop over on her Facebook and see that she's got some other dude calling her baby and her saying she's excited to see him and shit.

God damn. If there's someone else, I at least want her to say so...Fuck.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    A certain person who complains about EVERYTHING~! Stop being so negative for your health's sake please! There's positives in spite of what you think...

I've never known someone as negative as this...brings everyone down around them...

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I start getting better about this whole break up thing, and then I hop over on her Facebook and see that she's got some other dude calling her baby and her saying she's excited to see him and shit.

You shouldn't be friends with her on Facebook. Then there'd be no hoping and you could truly move on. You have no right to know who she is or isn't talking to. I say this with all kindness and respect.
    Last edited by Dra508; 04-24-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Dra is right,dude.

You're only hurting yourself by staying friends with her on Facebook and looking and what's going on with her.

Trust me, I'm going through the same thing (to an extent).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I've got motion sickness, and now I can't fall back asleep. I feel like I'm walking on on boat during a hurricane.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    You shouldn't be friends with her on Facebook. Then there'd be no hopping and you could truly move on. You have no right to know who she is or isn't talking to. I say this with all kindness and respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Dra is right,dude.

You're only hurting yourself by staying friends with her on Facebook and looking and what's going on with her.

Trust me, I'm going through the same thing (to an extent).
    Well, we're not even friends on there anymore. (By the way, let me just say it feels fuckin' WEIRD/kinda sad caring about being Facebook friends, I know, haha.) Actually, the reason I was checking it out in the first place was to see how she was doing after she had some surgery on her gums that I didn't even know about until today. I figured she was asleep or still in surgery, so I thought maybe she'd posted something online that would say what was going on. Normally I would've just not even bothered. Just bad timing, I guess?

I know I don't need to know who she's talking to, though. I completely agree. Even I know I shouldn't care. She's doing her own thing and I'm doing mine. It's just something I was probably better off not seeing.

Thanks for the tip, though. I've basically forgotten about it by now. Just gotta focus on the things I've gotta do to get ready to move up to Lawrence and keep going. Bleh...It feels so pathetic caring about little things like that sometimes. :P But I'm in good spirits for the most part.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Dumbass kid next to me in the library is eating candy and smacking her mouth really loud. I'm about to smack her mouth really loud.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Dumbass kid next to me in the library is eating candy and smacking her mouth really loud. I'm about to smack her mouth really loud.
    "Hey, what's that on the table? YOUR FACE" - FIXER-SMASH

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Bleh...It feels so pathetic caring about little things like that sometimes. :P But I'm in good spirits for the most part.
    It's not pathetic. You can't just turn off caring about someone. You just have to create space so can heal and move on. Thumbs up Alrea (still keep thinking your s.n belongs to a girl - :S)

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    That might be my absolute biggest pet peeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post
    FIXER-SMASH
    That needs to be trademarked.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    It's not pathetic. You can't just turn off caring about someone. You just have to create space so can heal and move on. Thumbs up Alrea (still keep thinking your s.n belongs to a girl - :S)
    Heh, I think about that nearly every time I get on and post here. :P

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Fuck, my colleague may pretty much be the most annoying and miserable person I've ever encountered!

After over a year of sharing the same workspace she's of the opinion that my jackets smell too much of cigarette smoke asking me if it'd be rude if I hung it in another office. WTF?!

Well yeah, I like a fun night out and yeah the person I'm sharing my flat with is a smoker. I don't care as long as she's the only one complaining, but last week she started to light a vanilla candle that makes me and everyone else that is coming to our office plain sick. What an insult! On the other hand little Miss Knowitall "I'm going to sneak everything you do wrong to the CEO" should know better, especially that lighting a candle in a closed workspace is strictly forbidden.

That's only the icing on the cake though. I've never witnessed such a hypochondricac in my life (even refusing to eat most dishes at our Christmas party last year because she's appearently allergic to everything in the world). Makes me wonder where that enormous butt is coming from and why she's eating all the time when no one is looking. Healthy stuff of course... Preservatives as far as the eye can see.

Seriously, one day I'm going to errupt in an explosion of sheer hate that will leave nothing behind. Everybody else at the office is laughing at me because of whom I have to work with all day... Not even for a raise someone would switch places with me.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    I hear you! That's one of the thing my colleague is also a professional at... Everytime she picks up that Coke bottle it sounds like she tries to suck an elephant out of there. The vacuum that she creates may be even more destructive than any black hole in the whole universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I've got motion sickness, and now I can't fall back asleep. I feel like I'm walking on on boat during a hurricane.
    I´ve got motion sickness with ego-shooter games. And it seems that EVERYTHING today is in that perspective D-:<

Also downloadable content for games. Seriously, 10 years ago you bought a game and it was complete! I´m totally ok with different costumes, stuff that doesn´t affect the game. But extra missions? Superior weapons? pisses me off...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Trying to look up a guide for a puzzle in a video game, and the guy describes the entire thing, only to say at the end, "This is only for normal difficulty. If you're playing on hard, it's kinda the same, but one of the knobs turns some other knobs."

Thanks for the specificity, jackass.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 04-26-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would like to state for the record that simple things like not having your new address on your driver's license and having a license plate light out are silly reasons for being arrested. (I wasn't, thankfully, but I failed to show up in court for the ticket related to these offenses and they actually put like four warrants out on me. Texas law enforcement system, don't you have more interesting people to be bringing to justice?!)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Baller Problems Update

So the Doc said it was probably just inflamed tubing, and told me to go get Aleve. I have been told if I really want peace of mind and get it properly checked out that I'll have to sign up for California's version of medicare for brokeasses. This process takes several months. So, no emergency I guess.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    So the Doc said it was probably just inflamed tubing, and told me to go get Aleve. I have been told if I really want peace of mind and get it properly checked out that I'll have to sign up for California's version of medicare for brokeasses. This process takes several months. So, no emergency I guess.
    Did you get checked for STDs just in case?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    $174 parking fine for parking in a place surrounded by no parking signs which pointed away from where I parked. Fucking stupid signage... I'm gonna contest it but I doubt I'll win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaned View Post
    $174 parking fine for parking in a place surrounded by no parking signs which pointed away from where I parked. Fucking stupid signage... I'm gonna contest it but I doubt I'll win.
    Holy Fu - Wha? That's crazy, your uni must be an inordinate congregation of flanges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ive been training for the local American Football team - trying to play QB. Then yesterday we were practicing in driving rain, and my brother who is playing OLB dislocated and fractured his finger but didn't notice until on the way home, because it was so fucking cold. Now he is out for 4 - 6 weeks. I enjoy going to training with him. Might seem superficial, but it has just really bummed me out.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    having serious financial troubles. car keeps breaking in expensive ways, have to get immunizations for work that cost $300 a pop, rent is due... and my sister is hounding me for money that I owe her. this sucks.
    total spent in last three days: $1400 and my car just failed inspection for having holes in its mufflers, because of course my car has to have two and they both decide to fuck me over. also needs a new intake manifold gasket that costs no less than $700

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post
    Holy Fu - Wha? That's crazy, your uni must be an inordinate congregation of flanges.
    Well I'm gonna contest it cause it's just rediculous. The rule I was ticketed for is that you can't park somewhere if the kerb is marked with a yellow line, except I couldn't see the yellow line because of all the damn leaves on the ground around campus.

Stupid university...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    >Stumbles across the most beautiful redheaded girl I've ever met, with all the exact same interests, and we talk online for an hour.

>LESBIAN

But we're gonna keep contact, though. She's an awesome chick.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^Ain't that the God damn truth.

Or, wow, I met someone really cool and...oh, she's married? Has a boyfriend? Shit. Well, of course she does.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    ^^Ain't that the God damn truth.

Or, wow, I met someone really cool and...oh, she's married? Has a boyfriend? Shit. Well, of course she does.
    At least sometimes they make it a point to say so early on! She said she felt like a jackass for not saying so before, haha.

But damn. IF ONLY. Red hair, BLUE blue eyes, diamond in the rough.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I have a weakness for redheads, so I can imagine.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Real life, y u no bring girls like this to town??

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    My ex trying to share drama that she thinks I care about:
    "Oh just to let you know I may have to change my cell number, I don't want to get into why.."
    "My roommate's adult son had to move back in but he's done well with going to his AA meetings.."
    "I may have to see my chiro for these back problems from all my diving classes.."

I don't want to be one of your girlfriends, I just want to continue to be an ex husband.