Thread: Destiny

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I dont think everything has to have ultra fast oaced parkour movement.... That woukd be really boring.

Also i dont see any hype at all. Theres a lot of ADVERTISING but everyone i have talked to is giving it a lukewarm reception at best.... So this game seems pretty hypeless to me. Hell read this thread its all eh... I kind of like it?
    I honestly don't care but I feel sorry for Sony dumping so much money into this game and its advertising. It's not going be the Godsend game people were wanting and hoping for the PlayStation brand. If it is, they're shallow and only kidding themselves.

When the game drops, any fucker that rates it over a 7 is biased or full of shit. I'd give it a 6.5. 7 at most. I'm still buying it and gonna play it but it's not a game I need to play and if they wiped it from existence tomorrow, I could care less.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I honestly don't care but I feel sorry for Sony dumping so much money into this game and its advertising. It's not going be the Godsend game people were wanting and hoping for the PlayStation brand. If it is, they're shallow and only kidding themselves.

When the game drops, any fucker that rates it over a 7 is biased or full of shit. I'd give it a 6.5. 7 at most. I'm still buying it and gonna play it but it's not a game I need to play and if they wiped it from existence tomorrow, I could care less.
    I'm pretty sure this game will sell well enough to justify whatever Sony spent on securing content first (Funny to hear Xbox fans complain about that not talking about anyone here but in general from what I have seen around the various web forums). If anything who in the long run should be worried is Activision they are the ones who are footing the bill for most of the advertising and development of this game (according to rumors if you believe them somewhere in the region of $500 Million).

I think the game is OK from the Beta. The moon map was definitely way more interesting than the other map. I'll wait to fully judge the game on it's full release version but the Beta didn't turn me off or get my overly excited about anything, kinda still neutral about things.

-It is a bit disappointing to hear though that there will only be 22 missions. Granted what I played of the Story wasn't really too interesting to me they should have had at least a significant amount north of that.
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 07-29-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

It'll sell well, and it'll have a Metacritic average over 90%. If there was a Vegas betting pool for that, I'd jump on it.

Everything you're saying here applies to how I've always felt about the Halo games. I'm not excited about Destiny, but this isn't my genre. Some of the online matchmaking stuff sounds fun to me, but I've been too preoccupied to even check out the beta. Whether or not Sony wasted money by securing some bullshit week exclusive to the beta? Not sure how much they had to spend for that, but I would assume it isn't anything that extreme. The Destiny ads they've been running double as PS4 ads.

It's all about getting an install base though... and as far as this game goes, the Xbox user base is seemingly far more interested and invested. Going by Amazon's ranks, Destiny is being outsold by the upscaled rereleases of both The Last of Us AND Tomb Raider on their PS4 charts, while Destiny is number one on the XBone preorders.

If sony was banking on this game being the system seller that would help migrate the Halo crowd to their platform, they didn't succeed at all.