Page 53 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2970

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I might be one of the few who is kinda glad that Belew is not touring with NIN.
    Glad and truly excited about his contribution to the album but in the context of a show I did not have a good feeling about this.

Every NIN guitarist had some sort of antic live. I mean, both Fink and North are a little nuts on stage. Belew didn't fit that mould. Whether he quit or got fired, we do know we're in good hands with Fink as the lead guitar.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Cry me a river dude. If you don't like the lineup, you're totally welcome to say as much - and people who want to facepalm that can facepalm that. It's not the end of the world. I'm pretty disappointed at the news that Belew's out as well. Eric Avery didn't really surprise me so much, but Adrian dropping out (or whatever's actually happening) adds insult to injury. I feel bad for Trent, that's gotta be a major asspain.
    Oh I'm sorry, but I'm someone who put down a nice amount of change and vacation time to actually see this lineup which is now being decimated left and right, so yeah I have a right to be upset, especially when now it all looks as if this lineup announcement was premature, which it was. Stupid face palming crap for merely having an opinion on something like this is ridiculous

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    as long as they don't replace trent, i'm fine with whatever incarnation of supporting musicians they have on stage. i do have my preferences, but if my choices are to have new NIN album/tour or nothing at all, guess what i'm choosing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Oh I'm sorry, but I'm someone who put down a nice amount of change and vacation time to actually see this lineup which is now being decimated left and right, so yeah I have a right to be upset, especially when now it all looks as if this lineup announcement was premature, which it was. Stupid face palming crap for merely having an opinion on something like this is ridiculous
    The show will be good regardless.

And lets keep in mind, although it looks like it might be true, we still don't have official confirmation that Belew is out. Maybe we should take a step back for a moment until we actually know what's happening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Though there are usually line up changes when nin are rehearsing, this particular tour has been shaping up in a very odd way. The initial two guys that got everyone hyped up for it are gone and what made it seem "new and different" looks to have gone away. Honestly though, we have no idea what they are even aiming for. Even if it is going to be back down to the typical five piece, all five of these dudes are extremely varied multi-instrumentalist. Not only that but they aren't even known for playing like stock musicians, they have distinct styles that are very noticeable. Even with the changes I am still more hyped up for this line ups possibilities than any others since the fragility. I am going to miss the idea of Robin and Adrian together though. Seemed like a total dream come true as they are both the definitive nin guitarists, one in the studio and the other live.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    I'm someone who put down a nice amount of change and vacation time to actually see this lineup which is now being decimated left and right, so yeah I have a right to be upset, especially when now it all looks as if this lineup announcement was premature, which it was.
    Look, they hired guys for the job and it didn't work out. You will still be seeing NIN live. It will likely be quite a different show from last time with lots of "look how many cool instruments and noises we're using" moments. I'm upset that Belew is apparently not going to be in the live band anymore but I don't make snarky comments about how TR should run his band.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    as long as they don't replace trent, i'm fine with whatever incarnation of supporting musicians they have on stage. i do have my preferences, but if my choices are to have new NIN album/tour or nothing at all, guess what i'm choosing.
    No matter how many shows I plan on seeing, if they turn up on stage with someone besides Trent, it'll be hilarious.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    THE ALBUM, though...the album!
    I was really excited about the 6 man line-up too...
    but i didn't expect nails to ever tour again, and now there's a new album on the way.
    I, for one, am fucking thrilled, but i will say this....i REALLY hope it isn't another Ghosts album, and if it is, i hope they WORKED a little harder on it than the first one.
    Ghosts is most definitely my least favorite nin release, and NOT because it's instrumental.
    Nails is fucking INSANELY complicated and complex, and "jam for two weeks and keep EVERYTHING even if it sucks" or whatever it was that they did is the antithesis of the nin that created TDS and TF

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    as long as they don't replace trent.
    It's only a matter of time before they replace him with Chester Bennington.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

i'd be ok if they replaced him with greg from dillinger escape plan, though. hahaha. (just kidding)

i'm pretty bummed about even the possibility of adrian not being in the lineup, but i'm still excited for everything that's happening in the world of NIN.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    You are an evil, terrible motherfucker. Hahaha

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Over my dead body.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Adrian is officially out.

Yesterday, if you checked his website tour section all the NIN festivals were still listed.

today, they are all gone. It simply says "Adrian is currently off the road"
    http://www.adrianbelew.net/tour/

Something must have happened in the rehearsal studio. Maybe he realized he wasn't cut out for the lenghty tour after all.

I wonder how Trent is feeling about all his "new recruits" bailing at the last minute. Is Adrian set to be replaced as well, or do you think they'll settle for just Robin now?
    I wonder if him and Robin never got along, and they couldn't decide who was going to do what guitar parts.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I wish they'd just announce it and say what happened rather than try to remove all evidence as if he was never going to be in the band in the first place

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I said a week ago Adrian couldn't handle a tour this long and I got blasted.....Hate to say I told you so....I am glad he is out, he would not have fit in with the live show. You don't want NIN to look like the Rolling Stones, with some 70 year old onstage..NIN guitar players (Finck/Patrick, even North who I cant stand) are chaotic and energetic. It would have looked very awkward with a 70 year old man onstage during songs like 'Wish' etc.....

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypayton View Post
    I said a week ago Adrian couldn't handle a tour this long and I got blasted.....Hate to say I told you so....I am glad he is out, he would not have fit in with the live show. You don't want NIN to look like the Rolling Stones, with some 70 year old onstage..NIN guitar players (Finck/Patrick, even North who I cant stand) are chaotic and energetic. It would have looked very awkward with a 70 year old man onstage during songs like 'Wish' etc.....
    He's 63 years old. And you don't really hate to say you told us so. Also, just curious, have you watched a Rolling Stones show recently?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

jaypayton, piss or get off the pot.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    He's 63 years old. And you don't really hate to say you told us so. Also, just curious, have you watched a Rolling Stones show recently?
    Seriously. I've seen them a couple times, and the Stones have just as much, if not more energy, than NIN does on stage.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It would have looked very awkward with a 70 year old man onstage during songs like 'Wish' etc.....
    See the old guy on the right? His name is Dave Catching, and I saw him onstage with Eagles of Death Metal. He was fucking badass.

See the old guy standing between Josh Homme and Dave Grohl? That's John Paul fucking Jones, previously the bass player for Led Zeppelin. I saw him live with Them Crooked Vultures, and he was probably the MOST badass of anyone on stage.

Shouldn't music be about making great music rather than age, you silly taint stain?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    what i was getting at with Belew is he doesn't fit in with NIN in a live setting...Im not the only one who has said this...And all you guys who love Belew so much, if you want to see him live so desperately, that's cool...It just wont be at a NIN show, that's for sure...I cant wait for TR's statement about all this...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Ever been to a live Swans show recently? Half the band, including Gira, are senior citizens, and have bigger balls than most shit dudes a third of their age could ever hope to perform.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jezstyle; 05-29-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Anyone else now dying to know what age jaypayton is?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Anyone else now dying to know what age jaypayton is?
    i'm also dying to know why he hasn't stopped being such a dick when myself and several others have called him out on it more than once. the guy NEVER ADDS ANYTHING to the conversation. generally this community is great about fostering intelligent discussion...not fights.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    amazing how many Belew apologists there are. here is the fucking point I was making. whether you agree or not, NIN has always had an "image", especially during the concerts. whether it was Robin or Richard Patrick on guitar, Danny on bass, Trent going apeshit onstage, the shows were fucking chaos especially from PHM thru Fragility era. Trent and the band may not have as much of an "image" as they used to, but seeing Belew, who is an old guy now, in his mid 60s standing onstage playing songs like "wish' or "gave up' or 'march of the pigs' would look FUCKING BIZARRE.....The same way it looks fucking bizarre with reeves gabrels onstage playing with The Cure these days.The Cure always had an image and Reeves (who looks like a grandpa these days) def does not fit in with the live setting...It just would look odd. I don't see how that is horribly insulting the guy, but whatever

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    ..."wish' or "gave up' or 'march of the pigs'...r
    Assuming they're even going to played at all.
    No need to be so naive. Grow up, son.
    Last edited by jezstyle; 05-29-2013 at 07:35 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypayton
    [/COLOR]Robin or Richard Patrick on guitar, Danny on bass, Trent going apeshit onstage, the shows were fucking chaos especially from PHM thru Fragility era.
    The nineties have passed. Deal with it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    amazing how many Belew apologists there are. here is the fucking point I was making. whether you agree or not, NIN has always had an "image", especially during the concerts. whether it was Robin or Richard Patrick on guitar, Danny on bass, Trent going apeshit onstage, the shows were fucking chaos especially from PHM thru Fragility era. Trent and the band may not have as much of an "image" as they used to, but seeing Belew, who is an old guy now, in his mid 60s standing onstage playing songs like "wish' or "gave up' or 'march of the pigs' would look FUCKING BIZARRE.....The same way it looks fucking bizarre with reeves gabrels onstage playing with The Cure these days.The Cure always had an image and Reeves (who looks like a grandpa these days) def does not fit in with the live setting...It just would look odd. I don't see how that is horribly insulting the guy, but whatever
    oof, I shouldn't feed the troll but here goes
    I'm not sure how one can be a "Belew apologist" when, uh, they hadn't actually played yet? I think we are "Belew hopeful-ists", because Belew has an amazing history and we were really looking forward to seeing that applied to the NIN catalog.

The "image" you describe of NIN is one that a lot of us -- and I thought Reznor himself -- put to bed with "Wave Goodbye." I was looking forward to seeing a new spin on things and Belew seemed to be just the right voice to do that.

You're right, on some level, that if they went out there and skullfucked march of the pigs, it might look weird with Belew. But that was part of why I assumed they weren't going to be doing a skullfucking version of MOTP, but maybe something a bit more far-out. (To bring it back to Bowie, how Bowie re-imagined some of his older songs, including to great effect the man who sold the world, on the outside tour.)

I was really looking forward to seeing that. I'm still looking forward to NIN.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Let the guy make his point without you all shitting on him. What's a forum for after-all?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    amazing how many Belew apologists there are.
    So we're apologists because we're saying there's more to a person than his age, and you're saying that Belew wouldn't be a good fit based *solely* on his age, which makes you ageist/prejudice/rancidcuntjuice. We would be having this same conversation if it were any other person (who was a little older than Trent and co), because people who aren't shitheads don't worry so much about age.

Btw, Trent is almost 50. You should stop buying his albums and coming to this board, because it's too weird. A 50 year old man can't be singing 'Wish' or whatever, right?

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSoldier333 View Post
    Let the guy make his point without you all shitting on him. What's a forum for after-all?
    Would you be making the same plea if jaypayton were saying that a black person in NIN "just doesn't fit"?
    Last edited by Magtig; 05-29-2013 at 08:21 PM.