Page 79 of 99 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 2970

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    On the other hand, festivals pay up front. He can play nothing but Fixed and the festival would just have to deal with it. I imagine there'll be one song debut, plus CBH, the rest classics and/or a rarity (Theme for Tetsuo COME ON)
    oh man...i would pay good money to see them somehow do live interpretations of all of Fixed. that would be insane.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Counterpoint - the Year Zero live debuts trickled out in ones and twos over a period of months.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
    Counterpoint - the Year Zero live debuts trickled out in ones and twos over a period of months.
    The only YZ songs played prior to release were Survivaliam and TBotE, and we already had the studio versions before they debuted.
    Last edited by slave2thewage; 07-24-2013 at 07:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Trent instagram

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Even before I clicked on that, I knew it was going to be Sonisphere Knebworth! Such a unique day. Such great memories. Never enjoyed crying as much.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I wonder if we're actually going to get anything beside CBH from Hesitation Marks on the festival tour.
    Would be amazed if you got more than CBH, pre Tension.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I perfectly understand the meaning of "completely different", but I guess I'm traumatized by too many bands saying the same and all there was for a surprise were 2 to 3 new songs and a changed colour pattern.

I can confirm that that's not the case here. Rest easy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    I recall hearing 7 new songs, from "With Teeth," during a show that occurred the month before its release. So, there is a strong possibility that we get more than 2 new songs from the new album. Either way, less than 24 hours to know...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think having Josh Eustis there...two guys on the electronic side of things will make a huge difference. Be interesting to see how Ilan's powerful drumming will fit in with a heavily electronic overall sound.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    I recall hearing 7 new songs, from "With Teeth," during a show that occurred the month before its release. So, there is a strong possibility that we get more than 2 new songs from the new album. Either way, less than 24 hours to know...
    The NYT article (see NIN Spotting) says "The band is introducing a few of the new songs before the album’s release as it plays headlining slots at 14 summer festivals worldwide." And in the Japan show thread, @jjaks says a friend heard the soundcheck and that it included multiple new tracks.
    Last edited by jessamineny; 07-25-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I can confirm that that's not the case here. Rest easy.
    I know, I'm a fool for questioning Rob. After all these years I should know better.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Fuck. Something is telling to STOP READING ETS RIGHT NOW but just can't stop. Spoilers everywhere, and NIN haven't even played a show yet.
    I think I'll just step from all NIN threads for a while... (except my show thread)... as long as there isn't any n00b starting a new thread called OMG NIN just played The Perfect Drug, it's gonna be fine.

I remember a few months when ets was in limbo between old and new boards, it was painful.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I know, I'm a fool for questioning Rob. After all these years I should know better.
    No, questioning Rob is fine. Questioning me would be fine, too. None of you know me in real life; you don't have any proof of my credentials. But yeah...it'll be more than just a couple color changes

Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Fuck. Something is telling to STOP READING ETS RIGHT NOW but just can't stop. Spoilers everywhere, and NIN haven't even played a show yet.
    I think I'll just step from all NIN threads for a while... (except my show thread)... as long as there isn't any n00b starting a new thread called OMG NIN just played The Perfect Drug, it's gonna be fine.
    Just got a text from a friend who was doing rehearsals. They played it.

Just kidding.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The only YZ songs played prior to release were Survivaliam and TBotE, and we already had the studio versions before they debuted.
    Right, and even then, only 5 more additional YZ tracks were played on the YZ tour. It wasn't until over a year later that the remaining 6 YZ debuts occurred, on the Lights in the Sky tour.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Now is definitely the time to stop reading if you don't want any tour spoilers.

http://pitchfork.com/news/51656-tren...-making-sense/

EDIT: original article in the NYTimes: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/28/ar...?ref=arts&_r=0

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    That NYT article is very informative, thank you. Some errors of course but the substance was there. Loved hearing TR speak about this record and its connection to the NIN catalogue, and the way it became this weird mirror to TDS but in a completely different way.

"“I felt very aware that it’s 20 years later, and I’m still that guy,” he said. “I know that guy, and I feel for him. I don’t resent him, I don’t miss him. But how would things feel on the other side of that now, in a much more stable life place, mentally and physically, and with a new family?”

He added: “The incentive has changed. It’s not about, ‘I’m going to kill myself if I don’t get this out of my head.’ But the excavation and the architecture behind it, the motivation behind it, is similar.”

All but confirmed there will be a few new songs on this leg as well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    The NYT article (see NIN Spotting) says "The band is introducing a few of the new songs before the album’s release as it plays headlining slots at 14 summer festivals worldwide." And in the Japan show thread, @jjaks says a friend heard the soundcheck and that it included multiple new tracks.
    Scary times. Good scary.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, now is about the time I need to stop coming to this website... at least the tour section. I do NOT want to see tomorrow's setlist or watch the video for that matter. I got lollapalooza to attend only 1 week away and I want to be surprised. This may be hard, but not THAT hard since I leave for vacation tomorrow anyway to start my trip, i'll be busy in Winnipeg with friends and family before I go to Chicago, so I don't think i'll have time for message boards anyway.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Standard setlist + new songs. Have to say, disappointed. Thought Trent was throwing out some of the songs that he felt didn't fit/feel right anymore (don't ask me for a link, but distinctly remember it being said). Since the departures of Belew and Avery, it seems he's backtracked and has gone back to being 'good old NIN' again. Hoped for something different. Won't stop me seeing them, obviously, but a little underwhelmed by that news. I do wonder whether he's playing it safe for festivals, and the reinvention (as he called it when he first announced the regrouping) of the live show will start when Tension does?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Standard setlist + new songs. Have to say, disappointed.
    Holy shit they haven't even played a single song and this guy's disappointed. Oh, and underwhelmed.

Jesus Aitch Christ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You mean the band we know and love is just going to be the band we know and love? Bummer.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Holy shit they haven't even played a single song and this guy's disappointed. Oh, and underwhelmed.

Jesus Aitch Christ

How long have you been moderating NIN sites now?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post

Jesus Aitch Christ
    ....basing it on soundcheck info as stated above.

Don't get me wrong, would still go mental whatever they played when I see them in the flesh, but would be nice for a bit of a change up wouldn't it? That's why many of us were stoked when that initial line up was announced and those 'reinvention' comments were made. Ditch the Closers/Hurts et al, and hear some less aired stuff - Even Deeper/Looking Forward/Sunspots for instance, and maybe even performed differently than originally recorded. That was certainly the vibe that was on this board back then anyway.

Hopefully be proved wrong...time will tell.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

I'm fairly sure we got live tbote before studio, but perhaps I remember wrong. Maybe it was same day.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    ....basing it on soundcheck info as stated above.
    You don't even know what standard means in that context. Could be a standard number of songs for a festival for all we know.

You know what they say about assuming...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Man I hope they don't play any Nine Inch Nails songs I've ever heard before in my life or I'll be pissed.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Hey, I'm cool with whatever they play. Just change it up every once in a while to make it more exciting. At least the set should have something sexy to groove to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Imma guess what they're gonna play tomorrow. Not nessacarily what I want them to play, but just what they're most likely going to play. We'll see what happens. By the album:

PHM:

HLAH (I'd be shocked if this one doesn't get a play)
    TL (Staple for a good reason)
    SICNH (have a feeling they'll bust this old gem out)

B:

Wish
    Physical (played a lot on the NINJA tour, and seems be a good festival-style track)

TDS:

MOTP
    Closer
    The Becoming
    Hurt

TF: (hardest album to predict songs from)

Somewhat Damaged
    WITT (A man can dream, right? But I feel it would be a good song to return with)
    The Fragile

WT:

HTF
    Only
    The Line Beings to Blur (this one is a beast, it's GOTTA come back)
    Right Where It Belongs (one of NIN's best songs, and hasn't been played too much since W_T tour, so...)

YZ: (got so much play on LITS that they'll probably give this one a little bit of a rest)

Survivalism

TS: (same mentality as YZ)

1,000,000 (this is one the best live NIN tracks, hope it stays in the set)

HM:

Came Back Haunted
    The Eater of Dreams (most likely to open the show, in a very Trent-esque way)
    Most likely another new track, who knows which one though

Other:

Burn (a good staple)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ From The Fragile- Just Like You Imagined.

Seriously one of the best live songs, and I can only imagine (no pun intended) how they can do the visuals- considering its an instrumental. Song gained a lot of ground from 300 and some of the WG shows.

Yeah, I hope they fucking play it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope they play more YZ songs. In this twilight seems likely. From the fragile i say TDTWWA and just like you imagined. I can't see the line begins to blur being played though