Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Ah, yeah, that would make sense, too. In other news, for anyone annoyed when people refer to Nine Inch Nails, as "Nails," we now have one of the band's members doing it, so it can't be all bad.
    There's actually a band called Nails too, which could be confusing. I have on occasion referred to NIN as "nails," just to abbreviate it in a conversation. What irks me is when people actually pronounce "NIN" as a three-letter, one-syllable word. That, I think, sounds dumb.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    There's actually a band called Nails too, which could be confusing. I have on occasion referred to NIN as "nails," just to abbreviate it in a conversation. What irks me is when people actually pronounce "NIN" as a three-letter, one-syllable word. That, I think, sounds dumb.
    Yeah, I know about that band, and I agree it's confusing, though they should've thought of that before settling on that name. It's like calling your band The Stones or The Pistols or something.

When I wrote my previous post, I was thinking about how it doesn't bother me when people say Nails, but it does annoy me when they pronounce "NIN" (unless they're saying nin.com or something), so I'm totally with you there. I also talked to a woman once who was talking about how many "Nine Inch Nail Concerts" she had been to- I cannot abide by that kind of haphazard S displacement.

Anyway, back on topic...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yeah, I know about that band, and I agree it's confusing, though they should've thought of that before settling on that name. It's like calling your band The Stones or The Pistols or something.
    Agreed, but they kick all sorts of ass so it's forgivable. Completely unrelenting band.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

When I wrote my previous post, I was thinking about how it doesn't bother me when people say Nails, but it does annoy me when they pronounce "NIN" (unless they're saying nin.com or something), so I'm totally with you there. I also talked to a woman once who was talking about how many "Nine Inch Nail Concerts" she had been to- I cannot abide by that kind of haphazard S displacement.

Anyway, back on topic...
    What about like "the nin logo" or something?