Page 510 of 528 FirstFirst ... 10 410 460 500 508 509 510 511 512 520 ... LastLast
Results 15,271 to 15,300 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Would anyone in the power to do so please fix the song names for the Ghosts I-IV album on Spotify. THANKS!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefinite_Cure View Post
    Would anyone in the power to do so please fix the song names for the Ghosts I-IV album on Spotify. THANKS!
    Spotify is garbage, so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    What's wrong with the song names? I don't see an issue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    What's wrong with the song names? I don't see an issue.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/3fu9R8ZSnE7hlRADQIVVOj

But to be fair, I noticed while doing the search again today that there are 2 versions of the album on Spotify now? One has the right tags. I can find that second one with the right tags on my computer, but not on my phone or firetv...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Is that the same spotify the flooded last.fm with brilliant tags like Drive-in Saturday - 2013 Remaster that took over many artists' charts? Yeah nah, they don't care about correct titles.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    https://open.spotify.com/album/3fu9R8ZSnE7hlRADQIVVOj

But to be fair, I noticed while doing the search again today that there are 2 versions of the album on Spotify now? One has the right tags. I can find that second one with the right tags on my computer, but not on my phone or firetv...
    The only way I can see the one you linked is by using that direct link. If I use search or browse the NIN discography on my desktop browser, desktop app, or iOS app, I can only bring up the one that has the correct track names.

Note that the one that has the correct track names says "© 2008 The Null Corporation" and the one with the weird track names says "© 2008 nin", which is wrong.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Just found this in storage from one of the Sydney shows that I forgot I even had (set list, “Sydney2”) with two picks from the gig. Do these usually fetch much on eBay?

Pic:

If that's real, I'll give you...lemme think...$15 US for it.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    If that's real, I'll give you...lemme think...$15 US for it.
    lol, no.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    lol, no.
    Ok. $10, US. Final offer.

Edit: also, while you're online,

Www.plex.tv

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    The only way I can see the one you linked is by using that direct link. If I use search or browse the NIN discography on my desktop browser, desktop app, or iOS app, I can only bring up the one that has the correct track names.

Note that the one that has the correct track names says "© 2008 The Null Corporation" and the one with the weird track names says "© 2008 nin", which is wrong.
    Huh, that feels super dodgy to me, like someone might be skimming some money somehow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    maybe its an upload by some fan when ghosts was missing from spotify?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd have to respectfully disagree with Trent or anyone who says "Hurt" is Johnny Cash's song now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Especially after the 2018 tours where it was apparent that that song still hits like a ton of bricks at the end of the live show. Trent was visibly emotional while performing Hurt at all 5 shows I witnessed that year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, when I saw them play it in 2000 I found myself tearing up and trust me I'm not a guy who cries that often.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I have always felt slightly underwhelmed by Not the actual event's artwork. I love the idea of the ink/powder and each piece ending up unique, but the actual re-use of the still layout....maybe i missed something and maybe the vision was never fully realized with the change up on part 3, when the original conclusion was abandoned. But the whole nostalgic look back was just done on the previous album... What piece am i missing? Anything ever come of those weird journal websites that had line for line lyrics within? I love NTAE btw. Burning bright is the best post fragile song, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orson thrust View Post
    I have always felt slightly underwhelmed by Not the actual event's artwork. I love the idea of the ink/powder and each piece ending up unique, but the actual re-use of the still layout....maybe i missed something and maybe the vision was never fully realized with the change up on part 3, when the original conclusion was abandoned. But the whole nostalgic look back was just done on the previous album... What piece am i missing? Anything ever come of those weird journal websites that had line for line lyrics within? I love NTAE btw. Burning bright is the best post fragile song, in my opinion.
    It’s pretty puzzling. Especially with all the different variations of it (like 5 or 6 slightly different variants if you check NIN wiki). No official word ever given re: the schizophreniasdiary thing.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I have always felt slightly underwhelmed by Not the actual event's artwork. I love the idea of the ink/powder and each piece ending up unique, but the actual re-use of the still layout....maybe i missed something and maybe the vision was never fully realized with the change up on part 3, when the original conclusion was abandoned. But the whole nostalgic look back was just done on the previous album... What piece am i missing?
    Nothing - TR said they did it to confuse people (his words).

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    I REALLY hope we get more YZ.

It definitely still means something to Trent, what with the references in the AV physical component and the video for This Isn't the Place.

That was SUCH an amazing time to be an NIN fan, between the ARG, Year Zero, The Slip, LITS, Ghosts, Tardust, the "make your own remix" album, finding this board and having a lot of you guys scare the shit out of me but ALSO, seeing and interacting with a LOT of NIN fanatics for the first time, the megamixes made by...I can never remember the user name, but, those utterly incredible multi disc mixes, into Wave Goodbye, and all of it just rapid fire

I was 27-29 for all of that, and it REALLY felt like 92-95 all over again. I loved The Fragile of course, and dug With Teeth, but THAT time period that started with YZ, with all of the moving parts and creativity: it galvanized my fandom for the second time.
    It was NIN Fever 2.0 in my life. It was like, holy shit, this band is firing on all cylinders, all over again, ultra creative, INSANELY vital, wildly prolific, deeply important, and utterly unpredictable, fifteen years after I discovered them.

It was SO much. And, holy hell, it was the midpoint of my fandom. 12, to 27, to 42 in a few weeks.

There was a girl up here, back then: I had a long distance relationship, and then I came up here for a bit, from dallas. I've got a LITS thing that I printed out, and a picture from Ghosts, with the birds, still hanging on the wall of this room.

I know it won't be the same as those years, but I REALLY hope we get new content from that universe. I hope we get a Year Zero sequel of some sort, and perhaps another groundbreaking show in terms of lights and effects. I'd love another politically charged vision of a near future dystopian hellscape

I always thought it would happen, that there would be some type of YZ sequel in '22, without a doubt. Now I'm not so sure. Now, we're kind of LIVING it already.
    But I think there's a chance.
    It would mean so damned much to me.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Just listened to NTAE in the car today with a fresh pair of ears after not listening to it for… a few years now. It’s strange, because the general sound of it and it’s themes sound completely different to me now, and certain words and expressions make more “sense” as time has gone by. For example I didn’t ever quite “get” Dear World, when it first came out, but now it just blows me away. Along with the whispered segments of The Idea of You, juxtaposing it with the louder, chaotic moments. It all feels and sounds so inspired, when at first it just came across to me as… weird and abstract, apart from Field On Fire (which most people can all agree is a sonic masterpiece). If and when this new tour happens, belting out The Idea of You as an opener into Not Anymore (love the “not anymore”/“but not anymore” lyrical motif that seems to appear on all three of the EP’s lyrics) would be fucking amazing to see happen.

The more I listen to it with a more mature pair of ears (out of the three EPs), this one just seems the most beautifully and chaotically put together; kind of telling you bits and pieces but just not enough to get a complete understanding of what’s going on, and that adds to its charm. The lyrics to Branches/Bones are particularly impressive and immersive when you haven’t had it on for a long time.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 02-06-2022 at 08:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes ntae is fucking magickal and perfect! always takes me back to that winter

i love both of those little essays you two posted and i agree, i want nin to engage us once more, not many artists do that nowadays, its just music release and thats all, which is still cool but yeah

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    I'd have to respectfully disagree with Trent or anyone who says "Hurt" is Johnny Cash's song now.
    Never was.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Nothing - TR said they did it to confuse people (his words).
    Oh wow, see that's news to me. Very glad to hear it was definitively the nin camp. I would love to read or watch it, if you know the source off hand.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Why NIN and JC fans take this quote too literally? lol, it was just a figure of speech.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Oh wow, see that's news to me. Very glad to hear it was definitively the nin camp. I would love to read or watch it, if you know the source off hand.
    Here you go!

https://www.nin.com/trent-reznor-in-...lizzy-goodman/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I hope these shows coincide with new music

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I hope these shows coincide with new music
    I would be really surprised and disappointed if not. I think everyone has been saying it, but a YZ sequel would be perfect right now. Considering how quiet it has been I wouldn’t be surprised if something new was imminent.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Did you guys notice that in the Cleveland promos NIN used font from Sin single and Ministry used the logo from Mind? Not sure about Nitzer Ebb. Is there a hint re: setlists?

Also, is the artwork just some random things or are we supposed to see something? There are few different versions floating around on fb/ig/twitter/reddit

3a

3b (seems like the same one but stretched differently)
    Last edited by fillow; 02-08-2022 at 09:10 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Is there a hint re: setlists?
    If true, then we're looking '89/'90 for the logos... but given the year (2022), maybe including '92 to do a nice 30 year thing...

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    If there REALLY isn't a YZ thing before...I'll say, mid 2023, I will be fucking FURIOUS.

I'll get over it. I got over 2.Outside: Contamination not existing.

But, you know, Bowie didn't set a future date.

He ALSO didn't continuously reference that date.

NIN has.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    Why NIN and JC fans take this quote too literally? lol, it was just a figure of speech.
    It drives me mad the amount of people who say things on Twitter like ‘NIN have never played that song again’ and I have the urge to put them right except it would make me seem a bit sad
    Last edited by WorzelG; 02-10-2022 at 04:14 AM.