Page 352 of 528 FirstFirst ... 252 302 342 350 351 352 353 354 362 402 452 ... LastLast
Results 10,531 to 10,560 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    I don't know, man. If you're saying that I can't specify her unique twang, which is different than others to me, to specify why I think her voice is decent and unique then I can't really carry on discussing this with you.

It's like saying "explain to me why you think that ice cream tastes like no other, but you can't tell me it's the taste because that's not it to me".

We just have different taste buds
    I disagree with your example, because I don't think that's an accurate analogy. For instance, I could tell you why Trent's voice resonates in the way that it does, and go into more detail than "his voice is unique because it sounds unique to me". If you think her voice sounds unique, go into more detail about why you feel that way. Give some examples, because saying she has a "twang" and that it sounds unique to you isn't very convincing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Wait, didn't Trent and Britney shared a rehearsal studio for their respective tours and Trent offered to remix one of her songs?
    I remember that!
    http://www.celebitchy.com/36356/brit..._britney_song/
    Anyway, wasn't he going to collaborate with Aaliyah at one point but then she died. It's not so far fetched

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I disagree with your example, because I don't think that's an accurate analogy. For instance, I could tell you why Trent's voice resonates in the way that it does, and go into more detail than "his voice is unique because it sounds unique to me". If you think her voice sounds unique, go into more detail about why you feel that way. Give some examples, because saying she has a "twang" and that it sounds unique to you isn't very convincing.
    I guess you'll just have to remain unconvinced then

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i would LIVE for a britney-reznor collab. or madonna. or gaga. or janet. all of whom (sans britney) have expressed admiration for nin in some form.

some of brit's beats would lend themselves well to trent's vocals, too.
    i want desperately to hear trent cover "work bitch" and i am giggling about it now

Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Yes, I've heard that already. WHAT makes her voice unique?
    she has a unique energy and delivery. she's sultry and seductive while still making you want to dance (and not just bone). she can be fun and serious at the same time. these are all juxtapositions that most pop singers can not pull off with nearly as much success.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Can we please stop polluting this thread with garbage about talent-less waste of space Britney Spears please?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This is a board that practically jizzes over Marilyn Manson, he can't play an instrument or write his own music. Why does he get a free pass?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    This is a board that practically jizzes over Marilyn Manson, he can't play an instrument or write his own music. Why does he get a free pass?
    Because he worked with Trent. Next question.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    I dont know where else to post this, but now its stuck in my mind:

Trent reznor:
    The way Atticus and i work is a result of years of figuring each other out. And its to the point now where we have a vocabulary where we can... euh... realy communicate without words. I think the part of our brains that dont work are complimented by the other guy who has that function that does work. He is more organised in a lot of ways than i am. I have things he doesnt have. I am realy talented, he is not.

atticus ross:
    Silently laughs.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Can we please stop polluting this thread with garbage about talent-less waste of space Britney Spears please?
    "Everything I like is awesome and everything you like sucks"
    While Britney drift is way off topic and annoying, saying she has no talent and calling her a waste of space proves you don't anything about her and have no idea why she still has millions of fans.

I too have hoped for a Trent/Britney collab. It will probably never happen. He could rock her shit in ways that her team has never thought of.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Trent, if you're lurking...for the love of GOD give us something ELSE to talk about!!!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Okay, which one of you sick bastards wrote this. Confess.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post

That's the most beautiful thing I've read all year.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebdp View Post
    Trent, if you're lurking...for the love of GOD give us something ELSE to talk about!!!
    I'm waiting on a whole album of Falco covers, it's been like 30 years since the last one

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I remember that!
    http://www.celebitchy.com/36356/brit..._britney_song/
    Anyway, wasn't he going to collaborate with Aaliyah at one point but then she died. It's not so far fetched
    i remember this well. she was a huge fan and trent had teased info about the possibility (sade was also mentioned).

her last album aaliyah had sophisticated industrial nods ("you got nerve", "messed up") and was just fucking good. he talked a lot about having a female voice to accompany his work, which i guess eventually came with htda and the fantastic backup singers during tension.

sad stuff. could've been groundbreaking.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Obviously it's somebody that works for Hallmark.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I've been giving all of the new Fragile-era material time to digest before picking favorites or saying anything too hyperbolic just yet, but Can I Stay Here? has definitely become a firm member of my favorite instrumentals from the band. It's remarkable and feels like a failing distress signal getting picked up on a broadcast long after whoever created it needed help -- which is such a good example of how the entire record feels. Instead of going huge and bold and explosive it becomes meek and helpless and folds back in on itself and I love it. It's perfect.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I had a surprise on Instagram earlier today

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Awesome. I like how it has 69 likes, too.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I had a surprise on Instagram earlier today

I'm happy knowing Trent has seen that.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I sorted the lyrics of Dear World, in a chronological sequence because some lyrics makes sense only if you put it that way:

Dear world, I can hardly recognize you anymore
    I am leaving because I can't recognize who I have been
    And yet I remain certain there is an answer in you
    I feel like I have lived so long
    It's happening
    Without me you didn't even notice
    Sometimes run out of things to try to do
    Of course it's been happening all along
    I can't concentrate
    Permanent intervals
    What about…
    As you become obsolete
    I begin to go through another that we have been
    Who are you?
    Oh, this place...
    I have been entirely patient
    I can't concentrate
    But I know I can't trust myself
    No, no, not this time

But I can't hear Trent singing the 'You go on spoiling' line, while ninwiki & my physical component says otherwise.
    Am I missing something or is this another lyric that is written in the booklet but it's actually not sung?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    The tracklisting I have seems completely thrown together, Gave Up is at the start and ATLITW is like 30th. I'm curious now
    The one I downloaded directly from NIN Live has a similar tracklisting to most of the With Teeth setlists from the time. It has segues at the beginning and end of some tracks such as Eraser into Right Where It Belongs. I'm pretty sure the order of these dictated where it would go on the set. It's possible that the guy who runs NIN Live altered the tracklisting to flow better but who knows?

Last edited by nooneimportant; 04-03-2017 at 11:40 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    This is a board that practically jizzes over Marilyn Manson
    completely incorrrect. try reading the MM thread. It's basically just an entire group of people shitting on everything MM-related and longing for the olden days when didnt suck. That moron that got banned doesnt speak for everyone else.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    The one I downloaded directly from NIN Live has a similar tracklisting to most of the With Teeth setlists from the time. It has segues at the beginning and end of some tracks such as Eraser into Right Where It Belongs. I'm pretty sure the order of these dictated where it would go on the set. It's possible that the guy who runs NIN Live altered the tracklisting to flow better but who knows?

Yeah, someone retroactively arranged those into a setlist-ish order. The original Mofoboy MP3s mostly had track numbers (presumably from the CDs he ripped, cuz they have disc numbers). The orders are:

Gave Up
    TDTWWA
    Suck
    ED
    Wish
    THTF
    Starfuckers
    HLAH
    LINE
    Collector
    NYD
    WT
    GS
    Home
    Sin
    ----
    Eraser
    RWIB
    BYIT
    Frail
    Wretched
    YKWYA
    MOTP
    Piggy
    TL
    Burn
    Closer
    Reptile
    TBCD
    -----
    Only
    Sunspots
    ATLITW
    NSPN
    Deep
    Hurt
    ----
    SICNH
    EDIETS
    DS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Yeah, someone retroactively arranged those into a setlist-ish order. The original Mofoboy MP3s mostly had track numbers (presumably from the CDs he ripped, cuz they have disc numbers). The orders are:

Gave Up
    TDTWWA
    Suck
    ED
    Wish
    THTF
    Starfuckers
    HLAH
    LINE
    Collector
    NYD
    WT
    GS
    Home
    Sin
    ----
    Eraser
    RWIB
    BYIT
    Frail
    Wretched
    YKWYA
    MOTP
    Piggy
    TL
    Burn
    Closer
    Reptile
    TBCD
    -----
    Only
    Sunspots
    ATLITW
    NSPN
    Deep
    Hurt
    ----
    SICNH
    EDIETS
    DS
    Ah that looks like what I had. Personally I like that more set list formatted one more now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    completely incorrrect. try reading the MM thread. It's basically just an entire group of people shitting on everything MM-related and longing for the olden days when didnt suck. That moron that got banned doesnt speak for everyone else.
    Still doesnt explain the double standards of applauding someone as a genius when he doesnt write his own music or play an instrument while Britney is just a talentless bitch

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Go make that argument in that douchechill filled Britney thread, or the Manson one. Not diverting this thread anymore with Britney friggin' Spears.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I keep forgetting that one day sometime this year (an optimist, I know) I'm going to get a giant box of all the DE records in the mail and then I remember and get more hyped than I ever did for Christmas as a kid growing up all over again.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Before I've heard vinyl edit of Ripe for the first time, I thought it would end around 4:30-4:40 mark of full (with Decay) version, when the fly buzzing comes in, assuming the Decay part starts at 4:45 with bass guitar. To this day I'm puzzled why wasn't it so. It makes so much more sense IMO than the actual ending of Ripe on vinyl.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The way that Ripe gets cut is probably the only thing about the vinyl version that I consider inferior about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder when the next batch of Vinyl Remasters/Deviations 2 will finally be up for presale...