Page 294 of 528 FirstFirst ... 194 244 284 292 293 294 295 296 304 344 394 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,820 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Just about seven months of the year have passed. Best guesses for when new nin comes out? My guess is either a surprise release in September or an announcement in September for a November release.
    I always assumed fall release. The way he mentioned the new NIN at the beginning of the year meant it wasn't going to be too early on (he wouldn't have bothered announcing new NIN this year, he would have said "hey, I made this new album, check it out.") and summer doesn't feel like a big album release time. Most likely he was working on the album, had it fleshed out enough to be comfortable saying it's coming, giving himself the entire year to actually release it.
    This is based off my 0% actual evidence, btw.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    No new nin this year, this is tension dvd part 2.

EDIT: Oh yeah, here's a video of that nin tribute band I was talking about.

Last edited by tony.parente; 07-26-2016 at 07:20 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The band is really good......not the singer though

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    The band is really good......not the singer though
    Dude the band was phenomenal. When he wasn't pretending to be high out of his mind he was really good, during no you don't and WITT he was incredible. This was apparently their first show, so i'm eager to see how they change.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So what do you think the chances are that he has a finished NIN album AND a finished HTDA follow-up that he's going to put out around the same time...and then a possible short NIN/HTDA tour in 2017?

Also, can we find out who won the guitar auction and hand them a list of questions for when they pick it up from TR???

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Hopefully none. HDTA should never come back. Ended up being too similar to the loopy NIN we've come to know for the past decade and was just a pretty distraction to me, at best. Loses major rock star points (if you care about that sort of thing) for starting a band with his wife as well.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    What? htda is awesome. Pure performance art. I hope they make 12 more records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Loses major rock star points (if you care about that sort of thing) for starting a band with his wife as well.
    So Marilyn Manson is collecting way more Rockstar points than TR at the moment. But that's not the stuff we want to see from NIN, is it?

I agree: htda is awesome! And I also hope there will be more records.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Pure performance fart.
    Fixed it for ya

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebdp View Post
    So what do you think the chances are that he has a finished NIN album AND a finished HTDA follow-up that he's going to put out around the same time...and then a possible short NIN/HTDA tour in 2017?

Also, can we find out who won the guitar auction and hand them a list of questions for when they pick it up from TR???
    I'm afraid of the future of HTDA because all the merch is on fucking clearance. i don't take this as a good sign.
    also, whatup Tex?

and jesus, @bobbie solo ,paul "damn near invented being a rockstar" Mccartney started a band with the wife.

Also, where do i collect rock star points?
    Why haven't i been told about this? is there a way to check how many you have?
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-26-2016 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Fixed it for ya
    The one and only time I wish I could face palm here.

Good one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Regardless of what anyone thinks of HTDA, he's going to keep doing it because it makes the wife happy!! Besides, I really liked the first EP. Sure, it sounds like NIN with female vocals, but I'm okay with that and Fur-Lined is still a really cool song. Welcome Oblivion (like most of HM) is okay if you have headphones on and can hear all the little nuances/details, but it sucks if you're driving with the windows down and just want to jam...

At this point, I don't care what he wants to put out...whether it be NIN, HTDA, soundtracks, clap and stomp with tambourine, whatever!! I need something new to digest! Just put out, TR!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebdp View Post
    Regardless of what anyone thinks of HTDA, he's going to keep doing it because it makes the wife happy!!
    I think one major impediment here is that TR knows that he can put out the exact same record as NIN (as opposed to HTDA) and get increased sales. At this point, I'd much rather hear Mariqueen's voice on any record that TR puts out (NIN, HTDA, or otherwise), so I hope he finds a way to keep using her in future projects.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I really like HTDA but didnt like how they kind of pushed the idea that the second release sounded nothing like nin. Like, "we realize the first album did but were moving away from that with our second release because we are using weird instruments on certain songs". Just because they are plucking obscure stringed instruments doesnt make it less nin, it makes it sound very fragile-esque if anything. Ill be honest, i want to sound nin so its cool but lets call a spade a spade, too late all gone is pretty much a nin song along with alot of that album.

But i am down for more HTDA. I'd prefer nin but i will take whatever. Im a little burnt out on the score work, its all sort of sounding the same to me. I can think of maybe 2 or 3 tracks out of all of them that stick out to me.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    even though post sobriety Trents music has gone downhill gradually, every now and then i get reminded at how its for the better that Trent is sober these days. would be a parody of himself if he was falling off stages coked out of his mind at age 50,....like ol brian warner

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    even though post sobriety Trents music has gone downhill gradually, every now and then i get reminded at how its for the better that Trent is sober these days. would be a parody of himself if he was falling off stages coked out of his mind at age 50,....like ol brian warner

I was thinking the same thing reading the Manson thread.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Capital G just came up on my internet radio at work. It reminded me of how much I love Year Zero. I saw Bill's post about Trent's music dropping in quality since the day he became clean.
    While I agree that With Teeth feels safe and not really pushing any boundaries, the same cannot be said for YZ.

What a great album it is. Every time I listen to this record, I immediately get immersed in this post-apocalyptic world. All of the album transcends this vibe, which makes it so enjoyable to listen to.
    It's safe to say that after all these years, YZ is now ranked #3 on my favorite NIN albums behind TDS and TF.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    NIN has had remarkably consistent strength in songwriting apart from a couple of weaker tunes on each album. Year Zero is certainly adventurous from a production standpoint, but I don't find any of its lyrics are as concise or emotionally powerful as the strongest parts of With Teeth. We're almost living in the world it predicted, yet I still have a hard time believing some of the words TR sings on YZ because it is so outside of his usual voice. WT was also a big boundary-pusher for NIN, though. Back when it came out, there were people on this very forum talking about how left-field it was for lyrics and hooks like that to be on a NIN record. I think it stands up well against all the other NIN records, and I don't see any drop in quality.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Back when it came out, there were people on this very forum talking about how left-field it was for lyrics and hooks like that to be on a NIN record. I think it stands up well against all the other NIN records, and I don't see any drop in quality.
    Wholeheartedly agree.

If I had to rank my favorite NIN albums, WT would fall somewhere toward the middle. I still really love that record.

I can't say the same for YZ or TS. He lost me with those. With YZ I can really see the quality of the music but I just never connected with it at all, even though, like botley said, it was (and is) incredibly relevant. And I totally appreciate that but, frankly, I just really can't get into it.

As far as quality goes, I think HM is a damn good album. Is it as good as TDS or TF? No, but I didn't expect it to be. I don't look at new albums from my favorite artists from the perspective of, oh, I hope this is the best thing they've ever done, this better be mind blowing. I want it to not suck. I want it to be good. If it's great, even better. If it's amazing, that's awesome. But a solid, enjoyable album? I'm perfectly happy with that.

And speaking of WT, I stand by my opinion that "Right Where It Belongs" is one of the best songs Trent has ever written. It's definitely on my list of top ten favorite NIN songs.
    Last edited by theruiner; 07-29-2016 at 10:10 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post

As far as quality goes, I think HM is a damn good album. Is it as good as TDS or TF? No, but I didn't expect it to be...
    Sure, the songs aren't bad, but i think a lot lately whether it'd help if Trent didn't try to pair his synthetic music with Mills' organic artwork. A more abstract and minimalist design, something inspired by PHM could work wonders, but we'll never know...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It's surprising to me how Where Is Everybody? hasn't been performed live at all. It would fit right in with the Year Zero portion of the set alongside Me, I'm Not and The Warning. I know that song has a very strange chorus but the rest of the song is sick.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    It's surprising to me how Where Is Everybody? hasn't been performed live at all. It would fit right in with the Year Zero portion of the set alongside Me, I'm Not and The Warning. I know that song has a very strange chorus but the rest of the song is sick.
    You're totally right. I really wish they had at least tried it for a show or two and gauged the reaction. Just guess there was something about it in rehearsals that convinced them it didn't work live (assuming they even rehearsed it)?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    You're totally right. I really wish they had at least tried it for a show or two and gauged the reaction. Just guess there was something about it in rehearsals that convinced them it didn't work live (assuming they even rehearsed it)?
    Charlie Clouser posted somewhere about rehearsing it and him getting the "whaaaoooooo" part just right, so he was to sing that part live. Can someone link to this?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    TDS, Broken, and WT would definitely be my top 3

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Charlie Clouser posted somewhere about rehearsing it and him getting the "whaaaoooooo" part just right, so he was to sing that part live. Can someone link to this?
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...y-live-version

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    While Nine Inch Nails album covers often lead me to think about food and beverages on my own before, Ghosts I-IV and The Slip now sometimes keep reminding me of coffee, chocolate and almonds in particular, all thanks to these posts by Meathead and Joe D. on YouTube, as well as Trent Reznor himself mentioning having coffee in reference to his gratitude, contentment and relief over the success of The Slip.

I am definitely still much more of a Dunkin' Donuts person though, and have noticed that I still love relaxing to Ghosts I-IV while drinking iced coffee or regular coffee. I now think of them as great coffee albums. On the other hand, I often loved sipping coffee while listening to Nine Inch Nails way before Ghosts I-IV even came out, but I guess it adds more to the nice feel I get over such a random association. The type of artwork on Ghosts I-IV and The Slip would be pretty neat for coffee tables and mugs/cups in my opinion as well.

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp080320.htm

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Meathead was great.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Reading that brought back all the feels. RIP meathead.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So uh, when is the next time we'll get another remix album?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    if you want a good laugh check richard patricks facebook..man is he deranged with his liberal pro hilary stuff. his constant political posts and tirades all day every day. all this hilary is the greatest woman alive, obama is the second coming of christ and the greatest president ever etc. tons of people cursing him out and calling him an asshole and now he has taken the 2009 trent approach and he is arguing with his own fans all over fb..its good for a laugh..he truly is deranged. dude must have lost a ton of fans