Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Tool will be touring in January, fwiw.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I care. =(

In all seriousness, Tool is one of my favorite bands and while I would prefer a mixed up setlist, I'm more than happy to pay $70 to see them play the same setlist I've seen that last three times. It's clear I'm the minority on this forum, but I think that's a reasonably amount of money to stand in the same room with these four great musicians and watch them make noises by hitting and plucking various objects.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I care. =(

In all seriousness, Tool is one of my favorite bands and while I would prefer a mixed up setlist, I'm more than happy to pay $70 to see them play the same setlist I've seen that last three times. It's clear I'm the minority on this forum, but I think that's a reasonably amount of money to stand in the same room with these four great musicians and watch them make noises by hitting and plucking various objects.
    As long as they continue to get creative with the setlists like they did on Halloween, I'm totally down as well.
    I could use a new TOOL tour shirt, mine from 2010 is starting to get holes in it, lol.

Can't believe it's been almost 6 years since they were last in Vancouver. That show doesn't seem to be that long ago, but it was.
    Hopefully "USA Tour" means they'll at least throw in the usual Toronto and Vancouver dates to cover the coasts of Canada, lol.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    What. The. Fuck.

That being said I'll most likely catch a show- hopefully on a weekend within driving distance. Also hoping they do something a bit more creative production wise cuz that Halloween show sucked.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    What. The. Fuck.

That being said I'll most likely catch a show- hopefully on a weekend within driving distance. Also hoping they do something a bit more creative production wise cuz that Halloween show sucked.
    Spoiler: they won't!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    What. The. Fuck.

Production-wise, that was the festival setup. They'll have an entirely different stage production for the arena shows, according to an interview a few months back.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Time for the band to replensh that checkbook!

In all seriousness I would probably check these dates out.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    #NewOpiateVideoTour2016

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    you will get the exact same setlist as the Halloween show with Lateralus replacing No Quarter. Have you guys not learned your lesson already?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    you will get the exact same setlist as the Halloween show with Lateralus replacing No Quarter. Have you guys not learned your lesson already?
    That sounds like a good show to see to me! I'd pay for it if it came here. I wouldn't travel for it, but if they came to me and it was what you said it was, I'd go.

Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Probable setlist:

1. Vicarious
    2. Jambi
    3. Intermission
    4. Stinkfist
    5. Drum solo
    6. Parabol
    7. Sober (opening riff audience dick tease, into...)
    8. Parabola
    9. Bass solo
    10. Forty Six & 2
    11. Maynard insults the fans
    12. Schism

"G'night! Thanks for the cash!"
    I think you're being too generous with that setlist...

Try:

1. Third eye (live)
    2. Eon Blue Apocalypse (Welcome to doom remix)
    3. Opiate (1992 VS 2016 Version)
    4. (-) ions
    5. Message to Harry Manback (I and II)

Intermission

6. (-) ions (extended)
    7. Sober (extra jam version)
    8. Faaip de Oiad
    9. Danny drum solo for 10 minutes
    10. Mantra
    11. Lateralus (15 minute version equipped with 2 minute long group hug while they secretly whisper to one another about how much money they made off of selling $50 T-shirts)
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-13-2015 at 04:26 AM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    meh, if I showed up to a gig where they played a 3 hour long jam-version of Lateralus and didn't play anything else, I'd probably walk away happy. And I am the farthest thing from a Tool fanboi

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm just happy the grudge is back in the mix. I could care less what else is or is not played at the show if I can get a chance to see/hear that song live again in 2016.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    And I will probably never see Tool live, or APC, or Puscifer. Why u no tour Europe, Maynord?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    And I will probably never see Tool live, or APC, or Puscifer. Why u no tour Europe, Maynord?
    I can say the same for some European bands I've been waiting to come to North America for eons.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    "10,000 Days 10 Year Anniversary Tour" They'll play 10k days from front to back.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    "10,000 Days 10 Year Anniversary Tour" They'll play 10k days from front to back.
    I would love every goddamn second of that.

Seriously, though, I'd love to take my wife to a show. She's never been and she's been a fan for a long time.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Could be the Problem 8 Tour. A one night only tour, held on an undisclosed date, with an unknown admittance fee, consisting entirely of a never before existing 30 second tool performance, held at a carefully concealed venue that is both remote and near, the location of which is both insanely obscure and painfully obvious. Hint, you may or may not need to slide a mile six inches at a time to get there. Stay tuned indefinitely for more ambiguous clues!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Hey at least they are doing USA, i know you guys are tired of them but we could use some of the dates in Latin America, the two dates in 2014 weren't enough and Maynard needs to learn to insult fans in spanish, lol

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Vete a la chingada!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Vete a la chingada!
    Great spanish 101, right there, i'm still looking forward to Maynard say: Puta con un Pene

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Relevant

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Relevant

Wow, thank you so much for sharing this!

This was HILARIOUS! Really needs more views though. This is totally my kinda humor.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tool and Guns N Roses 2016.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    As someone who has only seen them once, three and a half years ago, I am more than content with a 'rehashed' set list. Last time we didn't get Vicarious, Sober, or Prison Sex, so maybe we'll get those, and perhaps they'll stick with No Quarter and The Grudge because I'd love to see those two songs performed live. And I could die happy if they brought back Ticks and Leeches.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Don't forget B'Boom!
    And the moronic 12 minute intermission. :/

Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    As someone who has only seen them once, three and a half years ago, I am more than content with a 'rehashed' set list. Last time we didn't get Vicarious, Sober, or Prison Sex, so maybe we'll get those, and perhaps they'll stick with No Quarter and The Grudge because I'd love to see those two songs performed live. And I could die happy if they brought back Ticks and Leeches.
    The only way we're hearing prison sex live is if we start committing felonies.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    I could die happy if they brought back Ticks and Leeches.
    MJK won't do the ending scream in "The Grudge," so I assume you mean you want T&L instrumental – cuz that'd be what you're gettiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnng

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    i'm just glad that i saw tool 4 times in the late 90s and early 2000's.

It was fucking amazing every single time. Seeing them with Osseus Labrynth doing their beautiful contortion thing on the ropes along with moving alex grey images changed my fucking life.

ANNNNNNNNd that was probably enuff tool for me

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    the setlist during the 'inside the outside' tour was good. i enjoyed the show i saw. that was enough for me, too.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I hate to admit that I never got to see them pre-10,000 Days. But I got to see the "mini tour" at the Fox Theater in Detroit and it was unbelievable. Seeing them in again in a large venue was awesome, too. The atmosphere during Wings for Marie was almost spine tingling.

Except for those fuckers who treated it like an intermission and left to get drinks.