Thread: The little things that piss you off

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    NRA we need more guns. would have made the latest situation so much worse we know you've bought half the republican party, only gun bill in congress is to legalize silencers, becuase that will help, because I guess not hearing you being shot at is better?
    -Louie
    I don't understand why we need "assault" type weapons (we don't, and the SCOTUS agrees), and I especially don't understand why those weapons need silencers (they don't, duh). The NRA thinks every fucking thing is a slippery slope; it's a possible slippery slope for the existence of the NRA but that's about it. They're only trying to maintain their own relevance at this point. $$$$$$$. The SCOTUS isn't going to make any more decisions re gun control, that NRA party is over. Forever.

Anyway, there are now TWO WHOLE THREADS dedicated to this discussion, do we really need a third thread?
    Last edited by allegro; 10-02-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    NRA we need more guns. would have made the latest situation so much worse we know you've bought half the republican party, only gun bill in congress is to legalize silencers, becuase that will help, because I guess not hearing you being shot at is better?
    -Louie
    a lot of our ground pounder enlisted and veteran service men and women develop varying degrees of hearing damage/loss due to the nature of their job. suppressors are another protective measure against permanent hearing damage/loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I don't understand why we need "assault" type weapons (we don't, and the SCOTUS agrees), and I especially don't understand why those weapons need silencers (they don't, duh). The NRA thinks every fucking thing is a slippery slope; it's a possible slippery slope for the existence of the NRA but that's about it. They're only trying to maintain their own relevance at this point. $$$$$$$. The SCOTUS isn't going to make any more decisions re gun control, that NRA party is over. Forever.

Anyway, there are now TWO WHOLE THREADS dedicated to this discussion, do we really need a third thread?
    our American Constitution 'safe guards' uprising against tyranny.
    having these types of tools available to the public (cause these same tools and worse will always be readily available to the private sector) help to keep the playing field level so-to-speak; the people vs state/gov't
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 10-03-2017 at 08:45 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    a lot of our ground pounder enlisted and veteran service men and women develop varying degrees of hearing damage/loss due to the nature of their job. suppressors are another protective measure against permanent hearing damage/loss.
    AGAIN, why the fuck is this being discussed in this thread other than maybe people are afraid of the Headlines forum? There are TWO THREADS (one devoted SOLELY to this subject) going strong re guns in the Headlines forum. If somebody started talking about NIN in the SYM forum, people would jump hurdles attempting to move the thread or correct the situation; but here we are, with the bullshit "pisses me off" stance, hiding out in the wrong thread.

Accordingly, I'm responding in the right thread.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-03-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i had to commit my brother last night.
    better his commitment than him hurting others or him being hurt.
    it still sucks though.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    i had to commit my brother last night.
    better his commitment than him hurting others or him being hurt.
    it still sucks though.

Sorry to hear that, very very sad and difficult position to be in.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Sorry to hear that, very very sad and difficult position to be in.
    thank you.