Page 184 of 263 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,520 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I literally stop moving when someone is trying to go through my right-of-way. Sidewalk, exiting an elevator/train/bus, whatever.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    nevermind
    Last edited by playwithfire; 05-04-2020 at 07:34 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    There is something very fishy going on in regards to my 17 year old's student loans. He accidentally texted me, thinking it was to someone else. He said something about how I paid the money to hold his dorm room, and he didn't have to take any money from his "account." If he has diverted his loans there, then I will never see the money I took out for his classes over the summer, which his grandmother borrowed money to pay it up front, and will be on my ass to collect soon. And I'm furious. There will be documentation of everything. This super smart kid of mine wasn't too smart this time...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My job is stressing me out. Too much responsibility. I think I'm losing my mind.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It should not only be legal but also a socially accepted norm to throw wet balled up pieces of towel paper at jerks who don't courtesy flush in public/workplace restrooms.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I have asked my boss three times to tell me when he wants to travel next week and it's already the end of this week. Considering I knew he wanted to travel last Thursday, this could/shoule have been a lot easier. There's not going to be as many options the closer we get, especially since he's flying out of DC.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    It should not only be legal but also a socially accepted norm to throw wet balled up pieces of towel paper at jerks who don't courtesy flush in public/workplace restrooms.
    Also, we should be allowed to publicly shame people who don't wash their hands after using the toilet... I HEARD YOU FLUSH AND WALK STRAIGHT OUT, YOU UNHYGIENIC JERK!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Trolls and general assholes at progressive rock forums.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm just very sad that Denis Shapovalov lost his tennis match today. I'm Canadian. This affects me very deeply. Better luck next time, dude.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    New neighbors who've only been on the block for three weeks and, in addition to constant domestic fighting nearly every single day, were shooting up heroin in the driveway this morning. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    New neighbors who've only been on the block for three weeks and, in addition to constant domestic fighting nearly every single day, were shooting up heroin in the driveway this morning. Fan-fucking-tastic.
    holy fucking shit, that's scary. you should probably call the police? especially on the domestic fighting, but also, if you're going to do hard drugs, maybe do them IN your house and not outside?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    It's a huge problem in Ohio right now (well, all over, but particularly in Ohio, and particularly in Stark County -- where Canton is located).

edit: I don't think a lot of people realize just how bad things have gotten in this country. A lot of this is why Chicago has so many gang-related shootings (gangs deal these drugs and there are turf wars etc.)

On Thursday, the responses were quick and largely positive following President Donald Trump’s announcement that his administration officially will declare the opioid crisis a “national emergency.” He pledged to accelerate efforts to combat the epidemic that in 2016 killed more than 4,000 Ohioans, according to county death records The Columbus Dispatch tabulated earlier this year.

Figures released last week showed that more than 64,000 Americans died by overdose in the first nine months of 2016. For all of 2015, the number — a record-high nationally — was 52,404 overdose deaths, a figure far surpassing those who died from either traffic accidents or in gun violence (homicides and suicides combined).

We were outraged when about 3,000 people died and 6,000 were injured in the Sept. 11 attacks. Few of us knew someone directly affected, yet it changed our everyday lives.

An equivalent death toll from opioids is occurring every three weeks.
    Few of us don’t know someone directly affected, and it is changing our lives every day.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-14-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm definitely taking steps. This kind of shit is not acceptable.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    privileged whites who strangely feel they're being oppressed, what your latte temp was not right?
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 08-14-2017 at 06:39 PM. Reason: ther and they're I'll get it right someday

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    sluts who try to steal my boyfriends

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    FFS social media...

If you have a problem with someone punching a fucking neo-nazi in the face, unfriend me. You are what is crippling progressivism. Punching nazis should be a fucking holiday in this country. Be proud of being an American, and this time, knock one of his stupid inbred fucking teeth out. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with punching a nazi in the face (unless you do it in a fashion that can potentially harm yourself/wrist/etc) just don't let a police officer see you do it, because then they're gonna have to drag you off to jail...

...and that's gonna suck for them, because they really liked that part where you punched the nazi.

FUCK this apologetic discourse where we bemoan violence against nazis. This goes beyond fighting fire with flowers, it's getting stupid. Punch a fucking nazi.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-15-2017 at 01:45 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I got attacked by someone in what was supposed to be a "safe space." I wasn't physically assaulted. It happened on the Internet, like most other things these days.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I got attacked by someone in what was supposed to be a "safe space." I wasn't physically assaulted. It happened on the Internet, like most other things these days.
    Sorry to hear that. I've had this a few times on Twatter. I once made the mistake of using the word 'Nazi' and 'idiots' in the same tweet and was set open by a bunch of Swedes who were 'protecting there way of life' and just hurled insults at me until i blocked them...

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I've had this a few times on Twatter. I once made the mistake of using the word 'Nazi' and 'idiots' in the same tweet and was set open by a bunch of Swedes who were 'protecting there way of life' and just hurled insults at me until i blocked them...
    Fucking twitter...

I saw an article on there yesterday, asserting that menstrual pain was equivalent to heart attack pain. I made what I thought was an innocuous comment; that a heart attack is compounded by instinctive terror and alarm and the dawning realization that you are likely about to die.

I woke up today to find that I'm under a huge dog pile, where people are inferring that I'm mocking female pain. Someone accused me of "mansplaining period pain." Someone else inferred that what I said was somehow tantamount to implying that women don't have painful heart attacks. Someone else told me to go fuck myself, and that period pain is actually very much worse than the pain commonly associated with a heart attack. Someone else implied that heart attacks are frequently painless... which begs the question in my opinion, WHAT is the point of the article then?!

Someone suggested I look up a specific kind of heart attack so that I'd educate myself. I said "sure, will do. I'm not lecturing anyone, and I'm not this mysoginistic MRA boogyman that I'm being painted to be."

The response to that? "Oh, so when women tell you this, you ignore them, but a man tells you you're wrong and you suddenly listen?"

HOLY SHIT.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @Jinsai , first of all, that's not just on Twitter, it's pretty much anywhere on "social media."

Second, not to drift this too much, but severe "period pain" is not normal; it's usually a sign of other underlying conditions like endometriosis or fibroids. Here's a site re same. The bottom line is that when you are surrounded by a bunch of people online who want to group-think in a specific way and you don't agree, it's advisable to just walk away slowly. I learned that on Instagram with a bunch of homophobic religious crazy people who infiltrate the National Geographic comments (wtf).

I've been having fun blocking people on Twitter, I've even blocked Donald J. Trump, which won't mean anything to him but it's meant a lot to me, LOL.

Btw, most heart attack symptoms aren't the pain we associate with television heart attacks. I've known at least 5 people who had heart attacks (including family members), and they all had nausea and no pain. They had NO idea that the symptoms they were having were of a heart attack. The worst chest sensations they have, if any, is a sensation of pressure. See this. The intense "grabber" pain is a television and movie invention. My stepdad was having a heart attack and I drove him to the hospital ER. So the "fear" you infer, the TV "OMG, I'm having a grabber, I'm gonna die" doesn't really happen, because people generally have NO idea that they're having a heart attack. And if somebody has a "massive" heart attack that kills them, even then they likely didn't know. Rosie O'Donnell had a heart attack and went about her day having no idea until she finally Googled her symptoms. She wrote about it in her blog, here. My late father-in-law went to his oncologist appointment for his cancer and the doc took one look at him (I guess he was gray) and said, "you are going to the ER, now!" He was having a heart attack but thought he just "didn't feel good." He FLATLINED while lying on a gurnee in the ER. He was revived, survived that heart attack only because he was lying in the ER.

The dumbest part about period cramps discussion is comparing it to ANYTHING. Why? That is, imo, something that high school students do. What's the fucking point?

Pisses me off: Donald J Trump. Every single fucking day. I had NO idea this guy was this fucking stupid.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-15-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    @Jinsai, first of all, that's not just on Twitter, it's pretty much anywhere on "social media."

Second, not to drift this too much, but severe "period pain" is not normal; it's usually a sign of other underlying conditions like endometriosis or fibroids. Here's a site re same. The bottom line is that when you are surrounded by a bunch of people online who want to group-think in a specific way and you don't agree, it's advisable to just walk away slowly. I learned that on Instagram with a bunch of homophobic religious crazy people who infiltrate the National Geographic comments (wtf).

I've been having fun blocking people on Twitter, I've even blocked Donald J. Trump, which won't mean anything to him but it's meant a lot to me, LOL.

Btw, most heart attack symptoms aren't the pain we associate with television heart attacks. I've known at least 5 people who had heart attacks (including family members), and they all had nausea and no pain. They had NO idea that the symptoms they were having were of a heart attack. The worst chest sensations they have, if any, is a sensation of pressure. See this. The intense "grabber" pain is a television and movie invention. My stepdad was having a heart attack and I drove him to the hospital ER. So the "fear" you infer, the TV "OMG, I'm having a grabber, I'm gonna die" doesn't really happen, because people generally have NO idea that they're having a heart attack. And if somebody has a "massive" heart attack that kills them, even then they likely didn't know. Rosie O'Donnell had a heart attack and went about her day having no idea until she finally Googled her symptoms. She wrote about it in her blog, here. My late father-in-law went to his oncologist appointment for his cancer and the doc took one look at him (I guess he was gray) and said, "you are going to the ER, now!" He was having a heart attack but thought he just "didn't feel good." He FLATLINED while lying on a gurnee in the ER. He was revived, survived that heart attack only because he was lying in the ER.

The dumbest part about period cramps discussion is comparing it to ANYTHING. Why? That is, imo, something that high school students do. What's the fucking point?

Pisses me off: Donald J Trump. Every single fucking day. I had NO idea this guy was this fucking stupid.
    And all the information is something I'm receptive to. There's a lot of painful conditions I have no personal experience with enduring. I have a friend who has unbearable migraines. Once we were hanging out, and she started sobbing and wheezing and grabbing her head. It was like someone flipped a "horrible pain" switch in her head. It seemed incredibly awful. I could still speculate that there are "more painful conditions" out there though, as unhelpful as that might be to speculate about. It wouldn't mean that I was dismissing her pain as being insignificant.

From the anecdotal stories I'd heard from people who had suffered a massive heart attack, it sounded painful AND horrifying. The latter component was the aspect I thought I was highlighting to draw a distinction on an "experiential" level. I had not heard that a heart attack could be something endured obliviously. So I learned something.

But in the eyes of a legion of twitter accounts wielding torches and pitchforks, I'm an example of everything that sucks about men. Nothing I could say could convince anyone that I wasn't some neckbeard fedora-wearing MRA douchebag.

And yes, fuck Donald Trump.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @Jinsai , I have had decades of terrible migraines (much worse when I was younger) as well as terribly painful periods (due to one of the above-referenced underlying conditions) and I can't say one is "worse" than the other, they are just "different." Like, I've broken both arms, not at the same time, one in three places, and people go "oh my god wasn't that the most painful thing ever?" and I'm, like, no, I've had worse pain. But somebody else might wish they were dead. I would never begin to compare pain, mostly because I think that's dumb, sorry, but also because of a few college classes I took that involved a lot of neuroscience; we all experience pain differently. One person's "3" can be another person's "10." Really, the most painful condition known to humans is HAVING A BABY. But, now drugs make that more bearable (no pun intended). And a friend told me something that I always remembered: When you have a baby, you swear it's so horrible you'll never do it again. Then you forget about it because of the wonderful human being you get from that pain, then you do it again. If it was THAT horrible, we'd have zero population growth, heh.

But, yeah, females have experienced a ton of shit for taking days off work, etc., and nobody believes us when we say it really hurts, so it's a very sensitive subject due to the disbelief and sometimes even nastiness we've encountered, so comparing it is not a good idea. We tend to view it as dismissive and just another part of the patriarchy. So now you won't walk into that again, knowing why we feel that way. Some discussions are really meant to be camaraderie and isn't open for discussion.

Also, for consideration: People have committed suicide due to headaches.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-15-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    @Jinsai, I have had decades of terrible migraines (much worse when I was younger) as well as terribly painful periods (due to one of the above-referenced underlying conditions) and I can't say one is "worse" than the other, they are just "different." Like, I've broken both arms, not at the same time, one in three places, and people go "oh my god wasn't that the most painful thing ever?" and I'm, like, no, I've had worse pain. But somebody else might wish they were dead. I would never begin to compare pain, mostly because I think that's dumb, sorry, but also because of a few college classes I took that involved a lot of neuroscience; we all experience pain differently. One person's "3" can be another person's "10." Really, the most painful condition known to humans is HAVING A BABY. But, now drugs make that more bearable (no pun intended). And a friend told me something that I always remembered: When you have a baby, you swear it's so horrible you'll never do it again. Then you forget about it because of the wonderful human being you get from that pain, then you do it again. If it was THAT horrible, we'd have zero population growth, heh.

But, yeah, females have experienced a ton of shit for taking days off work, etc., and nobody believes us when we say it really hurts, so it's a very sensitive subject due to the disbelief and sometimes even nastiness we've encountered, so comparing it is not a good idea. We tend to view it as dismissive and just another part of the patriarchy. So now you won't walk into that again, knowing why we feel that way. Some discussions are really meant to be camaraderie and isn't open for discussion.
    I actually agree, and that was the initial point I was making when I was stupid enough to walk into that hornet's nest. This "pain level" comparison is excluding relevant factors, and is dealing with a subjective criteria. It's ultimately unhelpful. If the article was trying to emphasize that extreme menstrual pain is overlooked, dismissed, and ignored for troubling reasons related to the institutionalized subjugation of women, it does a disservice to that point by making this arbitrary and unhelpful comparison point.

But try articulating that point on fucking Twitter when hundreds of people are retweeting and "liking" a response that says "dudes are actually on here mansplaining period pain to women. We've reached peak twitter."

What the fuck ever. I understand it's a sensitive topic, but holy shit. I don't need this stupid albatross thrown around my neck.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I actually agree, and that was the initial point I was making when I was stupid enough to walk into that hornet's nest. This "pain level" comparison is excluding relevant factors, and is dealing with a subjective criteria. It's ultimately unhelpful. If the article was trying to emphasize that extreme menstrual pain is overlooked, dismissed, and ignored for troubling reasons related to the institutionalized subjugation of women, it does a disservice to that point by making this arbitrary and unhelpful comparison point.

But try articulating that point on fucking Twitter when hundreds of people are retweeting and "liking" a response that says "dudes are actually on here mansplaining period pain to women. We've reached peak twitter."

What the fuck ever. I understand it's a sensitive topic, but holy shit. I don't need this stupid albatross thrown around my neck.
    It's not an albatross, just apologize and say that you misspoke and walk away. All they want is empathy, compassion and validation. They're not looking for an enemy. It's TWITTER, they'll forget about it a week from now. Or less.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    well, I apologized, said the way I articulated the thought was clumsy, and explained more clearly what I was inferring had everything to do with this apples/oranges comparison, and not about dismissing anything. If I come back and this dog pile is still going on, screw it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    well, I apologized, said the way I articulated the thought was clumsy, and explained more clearly what I was inferring had everything to do with this apples/oranges comparison, and not about dismissing anything. If I come back and this dog pile is still going on, screw it.
    It won't matter, they've all probably blocked you, anyway. That's how Twitter rolls.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Right now Twatter is currently losing it's shit over the Trump speech (rightly) and Cinema Sins (because the director of Skull Island took offence to their video)...THE INTERNET EVERYONE.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    last night/this morning, i (a queer, trans, jewish person) got called a nazi and a fascist on fb for saying that nazis are bad, that their "free speech" is actually incitement that encourages violence in the name of ethnic cleansing, and that, despite generally being a pacifist, i would gladly punch a nazi in the face.

the best part is that these two dudes keep trying to troll me and get a rise out of me and i just keep giving them facts and logic. they're either going to give up or say something incriminating enough that i can get them banned from facebook.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    had my soundcloud and twitter accounts hacked and seemingly stolen over the last two days and i'm locked out of both.. Anyone had a situation like this happen? It seems personal.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm seriously thinking of taking a break from the Internet. It seems like every website I go to is so hostile. Not talking about this one.