Page 136 of 263 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,080 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
    Being back in North America, with lots of American TV channels, and all the FUCKING TV ADS FOR DRUGS WHAT THE EVERLASTING FUCK?
    The AMA is trying to get the FDA to ban those ads.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Didn't get any cards against humanity Jew socks today

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    People who insist that the cure to heartbreak is another relationship and then, if after a while, you don't enter into one, and have no real serious interest in doing so, judge you and act like you're somehow a failure for not wanting to commit to something you're not interested in investing in and being a shitty person to someone else out of some sick sense of necessity and wanting to feed off of another human being for gratification and fulfillment.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Finding out the whole "broken bones really hurt when it rains or it's cold" thing is true.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i woke up at 4am with a migraine isolated on the left side of my head. it was mostly in my eye/jaw but also down into my neck. i tried in vain to fall back to sleep until i resigned myself to taking 3 advil at 5am. thankfully, i eventually managed to fall back to sleep and when i woke up i was ok...but seriously, it was so painful.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Finding out the whole "broken bones really hurt when it rains or it's cold" thing is true.

having had surgery on my knee 6 weeks ago i can relate, the ability to bend it now correlates with the barometer

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Grandma just had a stroke ! 2015 wooooo, fuck yeaaaah !!! \m/ *grabs booze*

Seriously tho, when you hear "Karma's a bitch", you assume that it means you'll end up getting what you deserve, not that Karma's gonna bitchslap you whole family into oblivion out of nowhere...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    @Khrz ugh, so sorry. 2015 is just the worst.

On a personal note, it would be nice if the hospital that had me on a waiting list for surgery would give me more notification that I'm going in for day surgery than five fucking days before. I'm running around trying to get all my assignments done and a hotel booked. Stress can GTFO.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    On a personal note, it would be nice if the hospital that had me on a waiting list for surgery would give me more notification that I'm going in for day surgery than five fucking days before. I'm running around trying to get all my assignments done and a hotel booked. Stress can GTFO.
    what surgery are you having? (if you don't mind me asking)

good luck!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    what surgery are you having? (if you don't mind me asking)

good luck!
    Basically, the doctors have determined that a lot of my chronic leg pain is from malformed scar tissue from previous surgery when I was a kid to lengthen the shorter leg. They're going to inject something into it that will reduce the scar tissue, but it requires local anaesthesia and I have to be at the hospital by 7 in the morning on Thursday and I live nearly five hours away from Dublin. My dad is going down with me now so getting back is sorted. It's still a bit of a worry, if I'm being honest.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    me too, got damnit .

also @kleiner352 , it hasn't even been that long

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Not pissed off, but got some randomly cunty folks in the cargo in the blood thread today. That was weird.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i don't know if this belongs in here at all, but there's no "things that you're super nervous about" thread.

i've known for a while that i need to make a career change so that my wife will have the opportunity to find a job that makes her less miserable. i'm not taking over my dad's business (that would be a nightmare) and i can't keep working for him forever because work is sporadic, people don't pay us all the time, and i JUST got a paycheck for the end of october. i need something with financial stability.

a couple people i know have gone to Dev Bootcamp (where you learn to do coding) and have gotten $50k-$60k/year jobs. part of the prep before an admissions interview is to do the first few lessons on Code Academy in Ruby, which i did this week (mostly yesterday). it was much more difficult than i imagined it would be, but i also haven't been in any kind of learning environment for over 5 years. so i'm hoping the frustration i felt that almost drove me to tears will subside.

but i'm going in for my admissions interview today and i'm super nervous. like, really fucking nervous. i'm terrified that i'm about to attempt something that's going to cost a lot of money and i'll end up not being good at it, i won't be able to get a job, and i'll end up having to come back to work with my dad. (kind of like when i wasted 18 months and $50,000 going to Tribeca Flashpoint and never got a job). i like the WORK i do with my dad; i'm good at it. but i don't want to be a boss or take over the business, and i don't want to have to expand it (which would be necessary for it to sustain itself).

so i'm about to venture into this world that i know almost nothing about, and hope that i can get a job that will facilitate my wife being able to take a couple years off if/when we have a kid, and make it so we won't have to be constantly worried about money.

on the plus side, i'm also getting my millennium falcon tattoo today (essentially for free...i traded my tattoo artist a bunch of records for it) and seeing star wars tomorrow.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Pro - I had the surgery and the painful sites on my leg seem to be less... um... painful.

Con - my dad's car broke down literally as soon as we got to the hospital so he has to spend an extra night down there. It's not directly my fault, but I still kinda feel cunty about being the reason for having to go down there and then all that happened.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    having to be up in like 5 seconds when you haven't slept in 700 hours. fucking bummer, but my own fault.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Pro - I had the surgery and the painful sites on my leg seem to be less... um... painful.

Con - my dad's car broke down literally as soon as we got to the hospital so he has to spend an extra night down there. It's not directly my fault, but I still kinda feel cunty about being the reason for having to go down there and then all that happened.
    it's entirely likely your dad's car would have broken down anyway, and he could have been somewhere even less convenient with no company, so don't blame yourself. instead, do something nice for him as a thank you for driving you and bearing with you!

also, glad the surgery seems to have worked! <3

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    my doctor says i need to lose 40 pounds to be at a healthy weight. i'm 6'2" and need to weigh 180? doesn't sound right. at all.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    worry about your heart over your weight. there are people three times my size that are more active and eat better than me. walking works wonders though.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    it's like the universe doesn't want me to successfully quit smoking...

I decide that yesterday I'm going to do it. I'm going to shovel popcorn into my face and watch star wars. The popcorn part doesn't come through, and the experience is muddled. Oh well, still fun, and I didn't have a cigarette. I made this my quit date, I was looking forward to it. I went to the movie with my brothers and my dad, who all belittled me for being upset that we got to the theater late (hence no popcorn because the fucking fuckingFUUUUUUUUUUCKING lines), despite me making sure we had at least three hours to get there in time...

Today I decide that I'm going to march down to the local theater and complete that popcorn fix I wanted, and catch a good 20 minutes or so of the movie while shoveling popcorn into my face. Oh, the movie's already started 20 minutes ago so they can't sell any more tickets, or popcorn...

And when I walk outside, some random guy asks me if I want a free pack of cigarettes. Am I living in the fucking twilight zone? NO, I don't want cigarettes! I want a tub of buttery popcorn, covered in salt, and I want to watch some stupid movie. Is that so much to ask for? I don't know why, but I looked forward to this. I was thinking "ok, I got awesome tickets, reserved seats, in a theater that serves popcorn with REAL butter, with props from the movie..." and we manage to get there right before the doors open.

After I walked out of that theater, I never wanted a cigarette more in my life. And all my friends were smoking.
    WHAT THE FUCK. I JUST WANT A TUB OF POPCORN RIGHT NOW. Because I went to the movie with my dad and brothers, and because nobody can take simple directions, we got there late. At least, I thought, I wouldn't be tempted to smoke around them. But hey, I didn't have ANY time to barely talk to my friends that I secured the tickets for. It's cool if you guys want to piss on my day, while I'm trying to not smoke cigarettes, and mock me for my petty distractions, but fuck. This.

I should have just gone with my friends. And smoke a pack and a half of filterless camels and said fuck it. At least then I would have gotten my fucking popcorn.

Last edited by Jinsai; 12-20-2015 at 02:00 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    All these assholes spoiling TFA (not on ETS but like EVERYWHERE ELSE, thankfully i haven't been spoiled but i am livid on behalf of everyone that has been) like how has your life gone so fucking wrong that you take pleasure in ruining a sentimental experience for someone?

Apparently a lot of these people are collectively throwing a tantrum because their precious Expanded Universe wasn't recognized as part of the canon, newsflash it followed a canon within and of itself but it was never official Lucasfilm canon just approved on the basis of brand integrity and even then a lot of shit fell through the cracks. Since the Disney purchase it was actually the first time any of the novels and comics moving forward would become canon, this should be common knowledge. It's their own damn fault for misconstruing the legitimacy of those stories with regards to the film universe.

Here's the thing, everyone can have their own subjective headcanon regardless of what's official and with that should come the understanding that those EU stories never fucking went anywhere. Nobody physically came into your house and took your books away, you can keep reading them until the end of your life if you want... that won't change so it's not worth getting bent out of shape over a technicality.

Think of it this way.... had the EU been legitimate Star Wars canon all of the future Star Wars films would have to be adaptations of novels not to mention how zany some of those stories ended up being, any of the ones that featured legacy characters probably wouldn't have even lined up quite right and then what? you start bitching because it didn't live up to the novel. Writers wouldn't be able to come up with anything cinematically suitable and the contradictions? oh my god the contradictions... it would be out of control.

Smarten the fuck up, pull the stick out of your ass and go see a new god damn Star Wars movie!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    @Jinsai : spoken like a true quitter!

this scenario may very well be your worst case. i'm a die hard smoker (i'm not quitting for shit,) but i can see plain as day what you're going through. but you made it, you didn't smoke despite all the frustrating bullshit (petty to most, a baffling ordeal to all else) that was going on around you. there was a 1000 triggers and you didn't give in. that hella counts for something. like any break up, time makes it easier. keep on it, and i'll smoke for you.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I used to smoke 30 / 40 a day, easy. @Jinsai , If anything, it's better to quit when you're under duress. If you're able to put distance between thought and action now, later, when you feel less need to smoke, similar temptations will seem like a cakewalk in comparison.

If you quit when you're stressed, later you're much better equipped to handle high stress situations without falling back on smoking.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i think i'm getting sick. sore throat and snot city. i cannot miss work, or else i have no money to exchange for goods and serVICES. i think i need a third job after the new year (or another source of income.) i have thought diarrhea right now and that pisses me off. all the "bad" shit is surfacing.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Bills at this time of year can fuck the fuck off.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Dude, like clockwork, I ALWAYS forget about my license plate renewal which is October of every year for the last 4 years. It always fucks me up just in time for the holidays which suck to begin with.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I am in this two day class for NYC Department of Buildings, and I would rather die.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    What does it entail? Like architecture codes/laws?

This is what I thought of first:

"I'm with the department of Buildings."--Sarah

"Does the building where your department is have a buildings department?"--Dave

<Sarah punches Dave>

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yeah. Everything in order to get a license to submit paperwork to the DOB.k Check my Instagram. I posted a short clip yesterday. Two days of that, with 5 tests. I knew nothing about it until Friday, when I got handed 475 pages to "go over" for the class yesterday and today.

If I pass, it will be a goddamn miracle. But it might help me get a different job if I pull this out of my ass, too.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    A coworker of mine just sent me a needlessly lengthy email over something super inconsequential -- his first time doing a remote interview in a while and some feedback he had. I appreciate him caring but like literally most of his "feedback" would have been addressed (if I was being honest) by "Sorry, I was pooping." since he apparently wanted more communication right before about if he was the first interviewer/the interview being remote for everyone other than him, as he always is remote. He had the entry on his calendar, and he could have figured out rest by reading the candidate's case. I basically told him as much, that I was pooping and didn't get a chance because I was pooping for a while, in waaaay more delicate terms.

My feelings I didn't reply with: Like, hey dude, I'm really glad you care so much about this to have this many thoughts about this thing you've only done once in recent memory and that we do all of the time, and I do actually care about it. But, also, HOW DO YOU HAVE SO MUCH TIME TO THINK ABOUT THIS RIGHT NOW, because I am absolutely SLAMMED at work right now, and also WHY DID YOU PUT THIS IN AN EMAIL. Email formalizes communication. Which is intentional and smart for many things, but if he meant to do that for this, that is stupid. If he'd cc'd my supervisor I'd have been genuinely irritated with him, but he didn't.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    time division. i'm being pulled in all directions and it's wearing me out.

being "guilty by association." i make good decisions concerning day to day life (for the most part,) but some of my friends don't. it doesn't mean they're bad people and i don't need lectures and shade thrown at me from outsiders who don't know me or others involved (but they sure fucking think they do.) i need to be trusted that i can make my own decisions and accept whatever results come from them, good or bad. all people know about other people, is what they tell each other. the rest you need to open your heart and find out for yourself. sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.