Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Qotsa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ad infinitum View Post
    Boneface is responsible for the cover art.
    And Liam Lynch was art director for TCV, for reference (although he was on Make It Wit Chu)

e: Also I can't listen to the song because of my new job's internet filtering. Waaaannnnnkkk.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This rules. Bassline kind of reminds me of Rickshaw. I was hoping the tour they did a year or two ago where they played the first album in full would get them back into making music like that, dirty basslines and whatnot, since its my favorite Queens album, and this is certainly a step in the right direction. Like Clockwork is now my most anticipated new album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Only 10 songs eh? You can probably bet one that of them is going to be up around ten minutes long. Yesssss.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    Damn..Josh had initially approached Trent to produce the album, but he was already working on "the Nine Inch Nails record".
    holy shitsocks that would've been amazing. Trent's definitely involved in one of the songs though, isn't he?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: QOTSA - New album due out in June

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    holy shitsocks that would've been amazing. Trent's definitely involved in one of the songs though, isn't he?
    Yes, he's a confirmed guest on the album.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    QOTSA Twitter:

"My God Is The Sun
    Dean -Gtr
    Dave -Drums
    Josh-Vox, Gtr, Lead Gtr,
    Mike-Vox, Bass
    Triz -Vox, 12-String, Moog"

Triz = Trent?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I think it's Troy. Can't see him not playing on any of the songs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I would assume it's Troy as this mixing desk setup looks like its for a different song
    Plus it would suck if no Trent vocals were involved on the album...
    From the Radio 1 interview, Nick & Lanegan are on the same track doing vocals. Apparently Josh and Nick are drinking buddies...
    It was very vague about what happened with Joey. Josh said he had to "let him go" which could mean anything, but that it was very sad. Two days later he called up Dave to ask him to drum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd be fine with Dave being the full time studio drummer. He and Josh just mesh too well together.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    Only 10 songs eh? You can probably bet one that of them is going to be up around ten minutes long. Yesssss.
    That would be fun... but actually, none of them are over 6 minutes.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who prefers the live version of My God is the Sun? Not that the studio cut is a slouch, it's just not quite as electric.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Interview w/Zane Lowe: http://www.mediafire.com/?95r5v32mwo9fdjz

Lots of talk about how the special guests helped out in making the record, particularly Trent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    I'd be fine with Dave being the full time studio drummer. He and Josh just mesh too well together.
    This track sounds a lot like Them Crooked Vultures, which is rad, but I'm hoping for some of the other tracks with him on to be more brutal like Songs For The Deaf

Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    Am I the only one who prefers the live version of My God is the Sun? Not that the studio cut is a slouch, it's just not quite as electric.
    Yeah, at first I preferred it live, but I like a lot of the music live over the studio stuff like 'I Never Came' and a load of stuff of the first album. After a while I started to like it more though as I dug the lyrics a bit better.

So much reference to time, it almost hints at conceptualness. So good.

edit: @qotsa: "Triz = @troyvanleeuwen"
    Last edited by scorpiusdiamond; 04-09-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    Track lengths are listed on iTunes, with the longest track being "I Appear Missing" at 6:00. Total length: 45:59.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I hope there won't be a 74 different versions of the album like it was with Era Vulgaris. If there is a bunch of b-sides, please let them be packed together.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This was awesome!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I pre-ordered the album on iTunes like a tard (I'll buy a physical copy) and I got a download for My God Is The Sun immediately. Pretty good but expected more than this for a six year lapse of time.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    If you just want "My God is the Sun" for free, you can pre-order the album, then cancel the pre-order, and you still get to keep the free song. Fun fact!

Well, it's worked on other pre-orders in the past, I haven't tried it with this one.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    If you just want "My God is the Sun" for free, you can pre-order the album, then cancel the pre-order, and you still get to keep the free song. Fun fact!

Well, it's worked on other pre-orders in the past, I haven't tried it with this one.
    Meh, I'll just keep the pre-order. I have a Macbook Air aka no disc drive so I wouldn't be able to rip my physical copy anyways.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i'm trying to decide which version of the album to buy.

standard 150g 45rpm 2xLP, alternate cover version, or deluxe 180g 45rpm 2xLP in special packaging...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm trying to decide which version of the album to buy.

standard 150g 45rpm 2xLP, alternate cover version, or deluxe 180g 45rpm 2xLP in special packaging...

I'm going to go with the deluxe vinyl...and possibly the cd...anyone have any experience with matador and them shipping preorders?

just wondering if they ship preorders to arrive on street day (or before) or just ship on street date...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i ended up getting the deluxe through matador. it was only $39 with shipping (as opposed to $48 on amazon).

in my experience, most labels are pretty good about shipping items out when you order directly from them so you get your stuff on the street date.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    New snippet:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Oh... me likey. I think that's Elton on the piano. Don't you dare diss the King of the Divas!!! Elton is a master in trashing hotels 101. Just ask Duran Duran, they'll tell you what he did in the Riviera.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That sounds great. Can't wait for this to come out.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Oh... me likey. I think that's Elton on the piano. Don't you dare diss the King of the Divas!!! Elton is a master in trashing hotels 101. Just ask Duran Duran, they'll tell you what he did in the Riviera.
    According to a recent interview with Josh, Elton is on more of a rocking song, not a ballad. So unless this is just an intro/outro to a heavier song, this prolly isn't the one with Elton. Someone on the RekordsRekords forum said this is the last song on the album, I dunno if thats verified or not, but Elton is on Fairweather Friends according to the same interview.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Pre-order in UK @ Sainsburys for £7.99, placed my order, along with the Alice in Chains album for £8.99. Can't wait...

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.c...duct=E11227701

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.c...duct=E11224984

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I hope they put this up for streaming soon, I'm practically foaming at the mouth from anticipation.

Last edited by imail724; 04-30-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Pre-order in UK @ Sainsburys for £7.99, placed my order, along with the Alice in Chains album for £8.99. Can't wait...

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.c...duct=E11227701

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.c...duct=E11224984
    Thanks! That saved a couple of quid over Amazon.