Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I was there and saw it happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Understood. But you may have been lying. And Twitter never lies.

https://twitter.com/#!/ShitFilthySays
    Last edited by Krogan Warlord; 06-04-2012 at 02:42 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    That sounds awesome! Did anyone catch this on video? If someone finds it, post it here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounding pretty good in this Rock AM Ring clip. Not amazing but good enough.. Unfortunate to hear about Beautiful People and the fight. I even had the thought, could that have been staged? If it has happened before, what the hell is up? And how many bands get through performances without getting slammed in the face by fellow bandmate's instrument? How many don't?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    1:36 onwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting...

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    that is the worst thing i've ever seen, heard, etc.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Ugh, what was that shite?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It would have been worse if Manson would have actually started beating the shit out of him. Manson sounded horrible, the crowd didn't really seem too into it, he probably felt he needed to spaz out and throw in some violence. By the end he sounded like he was getting a bit off beat. To me he came across as basically a bully and pretty immature, although I do have to weigh in a bit of the "it's a show" factor and Manson has been known for this. I basically get the exact same feeling from all of his performances these days.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Fred only got pushed down a couple times, he got off easy. The poor 'ol Beautiful People, on the other hand, is lying in a ditch bleeding, crying, and has several sore orifices.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babali View Post
    It would have been worse if Manson would have actually started beating the shit out of him. Manson sounded horrible, the crowd didn't really seem too into it, he probably felt he needed to spaz out and throw in some violence. By the end he sounded like he was getting a bit off beat. To me he came across as basically a bully and pretty immature, although I do have to weigh in a bit of the "it's a show" factor and Manson has been known for this. I basically get the exact same feeling from all of his performances these days.
    Oh yeah, destroying the set in a temper tantrum (real or not) is really cool and proves he's up to top form. I thought this video and performance was embarrassing.

It's a show? If that's what he calls a show he's really off balance. I still felt this was a stupid thing to, especially at an immensely popular and populated music festival that's professionally televised. Not a good image to set as a performance. Whatever. I like MM but he does stupid fucking shit a lot of the time.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah that was pretty painful, but like everyone has said..the song itself sounded atrocious. Wtf?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    That is, without hyperbole, one of the worst live performances I've ever seen...

The way this is going, they're going to be a studio band only soon.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    That is, without hyperbole, one of the worst live performances I've ever seen...

I'd be lying to myself if that's not a good idea these days.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    They should've been that a loooooooooooooooooong time ago.

A day later: MM's brought back the GGG makeup. TBP still sounds terrible. Whu--?
    Last edited by jezstyle; 06-04-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezstyle View Post
    They should've been that a loooooooooooooooooong time ago.

A day later: MM's brought back the GGG makeup. TBP still sounds terrible. Whu--?
    The Beautiful People has been a terrible song, live, since about 2000. Best it was ever played was in 1996 and 1997.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    ETS likes to crash on me alot... I typed a huge paragraph twice now in reply to these videos, and both times it's failed to post. *shakes fist*

The long and short of it is, this guy really can't tour for very long, he gets winded and sloppy the longer he tours. To think I actually seriously, seriously considered dropping cash and/or traveling to see this guy if he came around me a month ago, but with the way things are going, I best stay as far away from a show as possible. Hell, it's painful even wasting my time watching these crummy preformance videos.

Before anyone starts attacking me for flaming this guy, I want you to know I am a full supporter of Born Villain, I actually am not afraid to admit I like this album quite a bit, but I think it needs to stop there. He needs to just become a recording artist. Spend more time on his songs, actually taking some decent time to perfect songs and maybe he'd release some real quality stuff every 1-2 years rather than wasting 1-2 years exhausting himself on these horrible, horrible tours.

Even his makeup job seems poor, sloppy and apathetic these days. Not sure if that's just what he's going for, but it really doesn't add to the show. The last video, looks like he just rolled his face around a canvas with mixed paint on it before he went on stage.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 06-05-2012 at 02:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ugh, okay, as ManBurning said, I as well am enjoying this record (for what it is), but I still cannot stand the bullshit "filler" that occurs for FAR too long before certain songs like Pistol Whipped, The Flowers of Evil and even Overneath The Path of Misery. They add NOTHING to the songs and even the album as a whole. Its annoying to want to skip ahead an entire minute of crap to get to a song you actually enjoy. If your going to do that stuff, have it at the end of the song previous. Fuck, a whole minute of clicks and shit. I know other artists, even NIN, does this sometimes, but this album really sucks at it.

Sorry for the random rant but I cant be the only one who agrees...

*EDIT*
    Oh and Slo-Mo-Tion is easily one of the worst songs on the album in my opinion. I can't listen to that or the track Born Villain

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    so in a sense, you only like 3 or 4 songs off the album?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    so in a sense, you only like 3 or 4 songs off the album?
    I enjoy a lot of them, but the pointless sounds that occur for way too long before them annoy me, I'm going to go into iTunes and just adjust when the songs start to skip to lame parts. Just felt like venting here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Luckily there's plenty of horsedick to go around.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Marilyn Manson is playing the 2012 Sunset Strip Music Festival on Saturday August 18th in Hollywood, CA

http://www.sunsetstripmusicfestival.com/line-up/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was just posted on an MM forum (won't stay on there long, probably):

http://depositfiles.com/files/yzddivy6q

What an asshole.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    What is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some article said that MM was engaged to this girl called Seraphim who is actually engaged to Pogo. She recorded the call, I guess. Manson threatens to sue her into the void or something equally ridiculous.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Some article? More like several and to which even Seraphim stated she was engaged and posted a photo of the 'Warner Family Heirloom Ring' (which was actually a studio photo of a ring from a catalog). Then she flip flops and says it was a rumor and she's outraged that it got out as it isn't true. Now she threatens to sue MM on twitter, she bashes him, etc etc etc. I don't see how you think he's an asshole for this phone call when he's had her, her management and even Pogo here and there jab at, dog on and harass the piss out of him for months about this fake shit that never happened.

Pretty much what I've, and several others, gathered is that this lousy Seraphim wants herself and terrible indie film to have publicity so she name dropped him to get publicity in that circle so she can get some sort of credibility and recognition I mean, I didn't even know who the fuck this woman was until now.

I doubt he'd even sue them anyways.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    What a sad pathetic bitch, she just wants free publicity and Manson's money (I bet she thinks the song is about her, LOL), we gotta admit the guy always had bad luck with the ladies...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 06-20-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    crazy begets crazy, though...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Literally no one cares about this. "I will vanquish your soul". Please.

Yes I'm trolling. Couldn't help myself.

Can someone call Manson and tell him the game is over and to give it up?

From,
    A former fan