Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Not much to see, but here it is.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Considering that was the last song of the set, at least the fans got the hour show they paid for until he passed out.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Man, why did I buy a ticket to this tour?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    LOL... it's funny how he pukes just as that "whaaaaa" sample plays, it's like Manson is making a spooky puking noise (around 1:16 in the video above)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Man, why did I buy a ticket to this tour?
    I'm starting to ask myself the same thing... Should have seen the writing on the wall.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Rehab is for quitters!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    video has disappeared! ooo

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

I swear he basically just uses that podium as a crutch now to help him stand up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Apparently he just told TMZ it was, in fact, the flu. Obviously, everything out of 'his camp' should be taken with a grain of salt the size of my car, but you know the best way to combat influenza? Constant drinking.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    My HMO doles out bottles of Chivas for flu cases.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Part of me legitimately thought I'd be seeing a "Marilyn Manson Dies in Hospital" headline tonight.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

When is the next show on the tour?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    When is the next show on the tour?
    Here in Calgary, tomorrow night. I was actually thinking of buying tickets to it, but was pretty let down the last time I saw him, so I didn't bother. I have a couple friends that are going to it, so I was going to ask them how it was.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Apparently he just told TMZ it was, in fact, the flu. Obviously, everything out of 'his camp' should be taken with a grain of salt the size of my car, but you know the best way to combat influenza? Constant drinking.
    No man, this should be totally true. I mean, they said it themselves, right? There is no reason for artist to tell lies. Like remember that time when NIN cancelled London show in 2000? Jeez, what was Jerome thinking, falling sick just before the show.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I know people who are still pissed off about that!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I know people who are still pissed off about that!
    Yeah, I associated poor Jerome Dillon with the shits right up to 2005 when the real story was mentioned in an interview

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    No lies or excuses, he has actually had the flu since 2009:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...rvive-20090925

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    he should try homeopathic...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

hahaha it wasn't that bad.

passing out and puking on stage? that's basically just another rock star moment to me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CANTCOMPLAIN View Post
    No lies or excuses, he has actually had the flu since 2009:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...rvive-20090925
    Gah. Here is Jens Lekman:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SnJbVW-ygo" target="_blank"> -

He also has the "dreaded" H1N1 virus and was mentioned your article. I don't see him vomiting and blacking out on stage in front of people who paid to see him perform.

Also, with it being a "rock star moment", fuck that. I would have been pissed. I understand rockers party, often to excess. If it got in the way of me seeing them perform, however, I would be fuming. If you can't "handle your shit", you might have a problem.

Manson does indeed have a legitimate illness; whether it is alcoholism or the swine flue is up to debate, with the level of fandom dictating which side of the argument you are on.
    Last edited by the duder; 02-10-2013 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Stupid new BB code...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was joking with the swine flu thing.

That was when a lot of people around the world were dying by the swine flu and he said that he had it too, thinking that it would be funny when it was a blatant and unfunny lie. I found ironic that his excuse now was the flu again (not the swine flu, I guess), hence my (not intended to be taken seriously) post above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone who has actually had the flu will know that when you truly have the flu, you can barely get out of bed. Sure, he may look like a fool, but that man in that video looks fairly energetic and with it to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Also, with it being a "rock star moment", fuck that. I would have been pissed. I understand rockers party, often to excess. If it got in the way of me seeing them perform, however, I would be fuming.
    To be honest, from what i saw from the clips i didn't think his performance was terrible, even with the vomiting mid-song (at least compared to other recent performances). and he passed out in the last song of the set, so it's not like you missed much.

if anything i'm kinda impressed he was so fucked up he made himself puke mid-song and kept going, and we all know he's going to embellish/glorify that in another bullshit story about how much of a badass rockstar he is.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    To each their own, I presume. Probably why I'm no longer a fan.

Also, @CANTCOMPLAIN : tongue in cheek is very hard to decipher via text on an internet message board and I'm shite at finding context at times. Totally mis-read your post. Thought you, or Manson, were actually serious about H1N1 being an excuse.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    What a joke the Vancouver show was. To anyone who knew enough to not buy tickets to this show, I salute you for saving your money. He played the same shitty 14 song setlist, nothing new, same old setlist he has been riding for the last year. He even had the nerve of saying Vancouver was the best crowd ever and he was looking forward all week to playing Vancouver as it was his favourite place. Funny, for the best crowd ever we didn't even get an extra song like Calgary and Edmonton got. Same old setlist!
    He only played for 1 hour and 7 mintes! That's pretty embarassing. The show started at 9pm and it was over at 10:07! We got home at 10:35, lol...I've never been to a rock show when you are back at home by 10:30 before, lol.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I've already had a few friends text me this morning before I came to work saying the exact same thing. 'I'm done with him, what a ripoff.' was my friend Luke's response lol. Reading a few online reviews has made me sad. I'm sure the fanboys at that lame Provider Module forum are praising the sheer awesomeness of it haha...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Every single post on this page is critical of Manson in some way. I've never been on a forum this bitchy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's just one thread, brah. It'll be ok.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    unfortunately the top bands discussed here outside of NIN are the ones people are most bitchy about (tool, manson, etc.). it makes sense. if you like NIN you might like __________ by easy association and there's lots to bitch about those bands these days, so i gather.

however if you look in other threads, it's a lot more harmonious and positive and complimentary about music in general. at this point i thought it was common knowledge to stay out of the tool/manson threads if you don't like that sort of thing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Agreed. I would assume that the threads based on artists that as of now only appeal to fanboys and people that can't grasp the fact that the band they loved in high school is just no longer relevant would be like this before even entering them.

I mean come on, for shits and giggles I visited that stupid as hell Provider Module forum that I mentioned above and it's beyond mind boggling. Apparently Manson poured out sugar or something onstage and there are like a dozen posts saying how 'deep' it was and how it referenced the 'drug allegories that originated with Mechanical Animals'. Really? The guy could wear a pink gorilla outfit and have a million people spend hours analyzing how poignant and meaningful the old guy's monkey suit was.

I find this forum to be filled with the most intelligent people of any forum I've ever frequented. I would assume that if someone started a thread discussing how insanely great some washed up shitty band like...I don't know, fuckin' Coal Chamber was, the general consensus here would be 'Huh?'

edit: Further to the 'bitchy' comment....hardly. Hardly. If a band in any other thread, and I mean seriously, pick one....charged $80 for a half assed set that was an hour long, I'd expect people to call them out on it.