Page 30 of 77 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Give it a couple more weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justinthehomo View Post
    I don't care to wait at all. I mean why? Today or then I 'd rather hear it sooner than later.
    Well i think you right ... If someone find a leak or all ... Give our a link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are minute and a half clips on the iTunes Mexico page, here: http://itunes.apple.com/mx/preorder/...in/id517063100

They may not be up anymore, but people recorded the clips are uploading them to Youtube, so it won't be much longer until they're out there.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Well from first listen on the store, it seems kind of bland to me. But I'll still hold out until the album fully comes out.

"The Gardener" has a weird groove to it though, I'm digging that one. "Disengaged" is the song from the Sean Beaven clip also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ><
    I've got nothin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for sharing! Gonna see if I can listen to them.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Very impressed overall. And y'all know I'm a hard motherfucker to please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There isn't a key, so lay down your arms!

I am also very impressed! I just KNEW The Gardener had to be some sort of spoken-word thing with those oddly structured lyrics.

A couple songs start to sound similar to other songs on the album but they do break off into unique sections that make each sound intriguing, and this is also without hearing the entire songs.

So far I think this album sounds like it'll be better than High End of Low overall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This album is the best ever since Holy Wood wow

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    where are the previews? they dont seem to be on the page

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You have to change your store to the Mexico store. Mine just said "Cannot access that page because you are not in the Mexico iTunes store", and there was an option to "Change stores" and it instantly loaded the Manson Born Villain page.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I am liking what I am hearing so far. Its almost what eat me drink me should have been.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Sounds good to me, better than expected and anticipated from myself and lots of others. Sweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    preordered. haven't really done that with a manson album before....my interest is peaked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I am liking what I am hearing so far. Its almost what eat me drink me should have been.
    Speaking of this, anyone else hear the Evidence similarity in the beginning/first verse of Pistol Whipped?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Now that you point it out yes

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    some songs go straight back to the Portrait of an American Family sound (looking at "Overneath the Path of Misery") though obviously with the new, repetitive lyrics and poor vocal stacking. it has potential, some songs have the harsh edge he's been missing, but the production is a serious step down from THEOL according to the samples. i am interested all the same...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That vid of The Reflection God is amazing. Wow, that's Marilyn Manson at his fucking prime right there!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Overneath The Path Of Misery, Slo-Mo-Tion, The Gardener, Children of Cain, Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms and Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day sound the best immediately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If anyone doesn't do iTunes and doesn't want to listen on Youtube:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2te1bhrrrozpmm2

Unfortunately, they're Quicktime .mov files, but decent quality.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krogan Warlord View Post
    If anyone doesn't do iTunes and doesn't want to listen on Youtube:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2te1bhrrrozpmm2

Unfortunately, they're Quicktime .mov files, but decent quality.
    Thanks for that!
    I skimmed them a bit but I'd rather listen to the songs in full from front to back rather than hear 1 minute clips.

I think i've heard enough to tie me over til the full album is available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the zip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hmmmm....i'm much less excited about this album now....none of the songs seem to really fit together as an album (i know it's jsut going from half-songs, but still.....they just don't seem to flow)....each song sounds like he's trying to copy a different band, if you know what i mean?

lay down your arms reminds me of deftones a lil.....which is good

i think there are some decent sounding tracks.....but also some that sound like horse shit....and almost all of them i listen to and think "this would sound so much better if they took out mansons vocals?

shame....cos i've always been a massive fan....maybe it'll all make more sense once i hear the whole album....but this one's definitely more of a download than a purchase...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I didn't have any expectations about this album, but some of the songs actually sounds good. Maybe I pick this up when it's released. You're So Vain's lyrics seems to reference Starfuckers to some extent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloris View Post
    hmmmm....i'm much less excited about this album now....none of the songs seem to really fit together as an album (i know it's jsut going from half-songs, but still.....they just don't seem to flow)....each song sounds like he's trying to copy a different band, if you know what i mean?

lay down your arms reminds me of deftones a lil.....which is good

i think there are some decent sounding tracks.....but also some that sound like horse shit....and almost all of them i listen to and think "this would sound so much better if they took out mansons vocals?

shame....cos i've always been a massive fan....maybe it'll all make more sense once i hear the whole album....but this one's definitely more of a download than a purchase...
    I was telling a friend as I was listening to some of the samples that it's weird hearing Manson do his whole Manson voice a little bit. Like I kind of wish he'd change his style up a bit, try some new techniques. The Gardener is a BIT different but not really that much vocally. I wish he wouldn't do the "uhhhhhhhhhhh" thing as much at the end of words and stuff, glad he doesn't do it as much in LDYGA.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ax Mr. L View Post
    You're So Vain's lyrics seems to reference Starfuckers to some extent.
    Uh, you know that "You Are So Vain" is a cover, right? It's a a really old song and Starfuckers used parts of its lyrics, just read The Fragile's booklet, man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Or maybe turn on a classic rock radio station one day.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babali View Post
    Or maybe turn on a classic rock radio station one day.
    Yeah, that would work too, lol.

I told him to take a look to TF's booklet because it mentions that SF uses lyrics from Carly Simon's song, but maybe he is a young guy/lady that just downloads his/her albums (no booklets) and doesn't listen to old stuff like that song, idk.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm not going to fully judge on the samples, but it sounds decent, definitely a MA type vibe in there, which can only be a good thing. It's also good to hear some dynamics in his voice again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The cover was probably the least interesting preview, actually. At times like when he's singing the verses, it sounds alright, but at times it seems he is drunken, saying the words in a sort of off-timed slurry way almost and it makes me think "no. "

Otherwise my favorite previews were Slo-Mo-Tion(minus his High End of Low-ish whiny 'ooooh-hoooh''s), The Gardener and Lay Down Your Goddamned Arms.