Page 28 of 77 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I enjoyed it. Better than anything from THEOL music video wise. The best scenes are with the band and water to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was good, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I agree it's his best in a long time. I think it's even a lot better than his Overneath/Born Villain video with Shia. It just is a more coherent video and it made me feel good to see him there with the band and acting in the music video and just how basically traditional it was besides the obvious Manson enhancements. It wasn't him just crying in front of a camera, it wasn't a video of thousands and thousands of random shots at different angles inducing epileptic seizures(at least not as bad).

I thought it was cool, I am excited for the album. Glancing over the leaked lyrics, at first I wasn't impressed, but some of them caught my attention as I read back over and I'm very very interested in hearing the melodies. I think Manson and co. still have a lot of good music in their hearts and I can't wait to give it a listen! This video did not disappoint!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i had avoided hearing any of the leaked or even properly posted tracks, thus far...but now that i've watched the video, i'm not very optimistic about this album. that verse riff is just far too recognizable as the main riff of Bela Lugosi's Dead by Bauhaus. not impressed.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i had avoided hearing any of the leaked or even properly posted tracks, thus far...but now that i've watched the video, i'm not very optimistic about this album. that verse riff is just far too recognizable as the main riff of Bela Lugosi's Dead by Bauhaus. not impressed.
    yeah, while the bela riff is nothing new in rock music, (it dates back further as a basic chord structure)... it's especially passé in 2012.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Yeah, Manson songs have always been known to borrow riffs and ideas from songs before them. A lot of songs on High End of Low have blatant rip-off's too, but that sort of thing has never really bothered me. Manson takes that simple structure and does his own thing with it.

And since Manson said he worked on writing a lot of the songs, and played guitar on the album himself sometimes, I think not that with him being a very skilled player this is just bound to happen. But I still enjoy it for some weird reason. I guess I enjoy seeing the 'human-ness' in music, too, and not everything always being ground-breaking and perfect. I enjoy celebrating the flaws sometimes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's a decent video, pleasently suprised, no "shocking" bullshit like other videos...
    I'm not sure where the "segments shot with never before used technology" are... the only thing I noticed was high speed cameras, but they aren't new (except for a Manson video).
    Still, very good nonetheless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, what exactly was the "National Geographic" tech he was talking about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the slow motion thing was neat. that was probably it... doubt it was the blood pouring down the walls.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Yeah, the high speed camera work is something VERY MUCH in usage by National Geographic...so that's clearly what he meant.

Great video!!!

\m/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    if that's true then someone sold him bullshit.
    does anyone know if there were any repercussions of the web designer leaving the demo of the new site open and then leaving the root exposed?
    I'd hate to be the guy who made that mistake...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, quite embarrassing. Manson seems to be having quite a run of bad luck lately. Sad...

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I don't think it's really a big deal. A couple internet geeks got a sneak-peak at some stuff that was going to be made public eventually anyway. Whatever.

And for all we know Manson had a good connection on some kind of new high speed equipment. Or maybe he just meant it was some kind of new gear never used in a music video before. Or maybe ZOMFG MARYLIN MASNON USED HYPERBOLE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVAR IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER.

Whatever.

The important thing is that the video kicks ass.

:)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quite like that video!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Marilyn Manson is more pathetic than the current "Guns n Roses"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Jeordie Osbourne White get the fuck out of there! Don't waste your talent on this motherfucker. In a perfect world, Mechanical Animals was their last album. What a brainfart this shit is. Dude. Seriously?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I liked it... the song and the video.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    Jeordie Osbourne White get the fuck out of there! Don't waste your talent on this motherfucker. In a perfect world, Mechanical Animals was their last album. What a brainfart this shit is. Dude. Seriously?
    HAHA! I do quite like No Reflection and a lot of Manson's newer work, but I still thought this was funny.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Very good video, especially compared to his last few. Really deep and dark which I like. Manson looked awesome in it too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    He looks like the Joker in The Dark Knight. Or was it the other way around?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Manson's been smearing his lipstick for years like since 2000.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justinthehomo View Post
    Manson's been smearing his lipstick for years like since 2000.
    way, way earlier than that! He's been doing it since the Portrait days, as seen on the lunchbox single:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I considered Saying since portrait but that was really more just globing it around his mouth ala the lunchbox video.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Jaz Coleman, vocalist from the band Killing Joke was the actual inspiration for Heath's Joker in The Dark Knight.

Interview with Jaz:

"John was also very close with Brian Bolland, the artist who drew Batman: The Killing Joke. These two were both advisors on The Dark Knight, and played a part in getting old footage [of me] to Heath Ledger [in his preparations for the role of the Joker] – footage of me when I’m drunk or [acting] in Year of the Devil, all sorts of bits and pieces.

You mentioned Heath Ledger previously, and I noticed his name among your personal thanks on the album. I don’t know what your relationship with Ledger was, but I wondered, respectfully, if you had heard the recent stories about the actor Randy Quaid seeking asylum in Vancouver, claiming that a corrupt Hollywood system is out to get him ‘the same way it got Heath Ledger’, quote unquote. I wondered if you had any sort of comment in relation to Mr. Quaid’s claims?

I don’t know, it sounds to me like this man is suffering from some paranoid delusion… [Pause]

But… What I can tell you about Heath Ledger is that this archetype of the harlequin, madman or fool [that he took on in his role as The Joker], we have had quite a lot of experience with it over thirty-two years in Killing Joke… I’ve never used the facepaint [onstage] to look pretty or for any other reason than that it’s a mask – you put it on and you take it off. And I understand about what a mask is and what it’s meant to represent. The putting on and taking off of the mask is very important, very elementary, from a magical perspective. To be quite precise, we in Killing Joke refer to this energy of the harlequin, madman or fool as “the Eleventh Path of Divine Madness”. It’s an energy that constantly surrounds Killing Joke and what we’ve noticed about this energy is that it has its own consciousness, and its own agenda. And that can be a very dangerous energy to work with, unless you take serious precaution.
    One of the things that we noted about this energy is that it doesn’t like money; not at all. It’s Mercurius’ path that the alchemists aspired to; Mercurius is the one that would metaphorically change their lead into gold – and he’s associated with the trickster spirit [of the harlequin]. It’s an incredible path but you have to take precautions with it. And I don’t advise anybody to traverse that path without some heavy studying and knowing just what the hell you’re dealing with.
    I truly wish I could’ve met Heath, I feel I could have helped him prepare before he took that role on. Jack Nicholson warned him! Before he took the part on, Jack warned him. Have a look in the history of the character of The Joker – because it results in delusion, insanity, believe you me I know [laughs]. Unless you understand beforehand just what it is, treat this force with the utmost respect and observance. It doesn’t like money; it doesn’t like anything that goes against its agenda. It can burn you, and it can send you ‘round the bend, if you turn against it or you’re disloyal to its principles in any way. It can be dangerous territory and, possibly, this might account for the fact that we never ever did anything with Nirvana. That’s the only way I can describe it. I’ll probably never speak about this again."

http://www.hellbound.ca/2010/11/jaz-coleman-interview/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    tbf...the joker, as a character has been around since before manson was even born...so I dont think they're copying him...if anything, you might be able to argue that the lipstick thing might be manson copying joker....which at the end of the day, is just a generic "clown" mnakeup....which usually does have over-the-top/enlarged lipstick at it's design....and clowns have been around since before batman...

i don't think anyone is copying anyone to intentionally steal​ an idea....always wonder why people get so bogged down with stuff like this lol

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This is basically how MM has kept his shtick going for so long. He does something just to rip someone off, or a character off, whatever...and the fanboys spend hours deliberating on the 'deep historical and artistic comment' he's making.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    sp youtube this kid named Manzin, and see creepyness at its finest. but he plays a mean piano.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    sp youtube this kid named Manzin, and see creepyness at its finest. but he plays a mean piano.
    If it's the actual 'Manzin' you're talking about he's such a wannabe copycat with no identity.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Manson has always recycled other people's stuff disassociative's chorus ripped off McCartney. Vodevil with Bowie. I could go on. As for the makeup. I always figured some of it had to do with Robert Smith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am a big McCartney and Bowie fan. Knew about Vodevil ripping off Cracked Actor but I'd really like to know what the McCartney song is?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i think this album is better than anything we've had in a long time from anyone.