Page 73 of 94 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 2814

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    On the last play of practice, Dez Bryant tore his achilles today.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The Saints are the best team in football right now. However, I wonder about them in the post season because it's almost like they're peaking too soon.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    ETS FF playoffs biotches!!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Henry’s 99 yard TD run, stiff arming three dudes (not at the same time lol) = :O

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/sta...417093632?s=21

EDIT: still don’t know how to embed a fucking tweet.

EDIT 2: apparently editing my post embedded a tweet!
    Last edited by Krazy; 12-06-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The fact that he wasn't tackled or pushed out of bounds is absurd. The Jags should be (more) embarrassed.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

https://streamable.com/99giz

When I was finishing up my notes for my CCNA 2 exam, watching my dolphins play oddly well against the evil MAGA tyrants known as the Patriots, the phins went down by 5 with seconds left.

I sat there as I was watching a heartbreaking loss appear right before eyes, crazy shit shit started to unfold.

My oh my gods went from library whispers to sexual climate status. No matter how this season goes for us, that last play was so satisfying. Not only did we wipe the stupid fucking smiles off their pompous faces, but we also denied you clinching the 1st seed.

Not only did Miami won yesterday, but so did America.

“Gronkowski, doesn’t have the angle!!! Touchdown!!!!”

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    ETS FF: I have Big Ben on my fantasy team and he’s playing my Pats. Conflicted.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well Josh Gordon is facing another suspension and he is taking a step away from football to focus on his mental health. Hope he finds what he's looking for and gets the help that he needs. The Patriots subreddit is all sorts of a mess right now. Most seem to be hopeful for him, but in the words of Trent Reznor, there are "lots of assholes" there. It sucks because that mindset isn't doing anything to help mental illness and only fuels the negative stigma around it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I got to attend the College National Championship game, yesterday. It was a lot of fun: I went to smaller schools for college, and grad school, so, it was fun seeing the big school pageantry!

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    I know the Cowboys/Giants game didn't count, and, I was utterly baffled that Dak and Zeke were on the field.

But then I understood: MOMENTUM.

That game was fucking exciting.

And then, the cows went on to beat the Seahawks. Do you guys realize that was only our third playoff win in the past 24 YEARS?

So, I know I'm gonna get my heart broken by this team, per usual, but I can't help but be a little excited. What if we win the next game? Any given Sunday et al.

And, then, what if...
    I'm not even gonna say it. And I know the one playoff win is WAY more than anyone expected.

But, what if?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I know the Cowboys/Giants game didn't count, and, I was utterly baffled that Dak and Zeke were on the field.

And then, the cows went on to beat the Seahawks. Do you guys realize that was only our third playoff win in the past 24 YEARS?

So, I know I'm gonna get my heart broken by this team, per usual, but I can't help but be a little excited. What if we win the next game? Any given Sunday et al.

And, then, what if...
    I'm not even gonna say it. And I know the one playoff win is WAY more than anyone expected.

But, what if?
    as a Seahawks fan, i was crushed. i will admit that the cowboys outplayed the hawks. hawks seriously exceeded expectations this year though. i thought they would get 6 wins at the very most. the team is very young & has a bunch of salary cap space next season, so the future looks bright. glad you are happy, elvenism.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    as a Seahawks fan, i was crushed. i will admit that the cowboys outplayed the hawks. hawks seriously exceeded expectations this year though. i thought they would get 6 wins at the very most. the team is very young & has a bunch of salary cap space next season, so the future looks bright. glad you are happy, elvenism.
    man, the Seahawks were trying something interesting, focusing mostly on running. And that's cool when it works, but it wasn't working in THAT game. I'm not so sure Dallas would have won if Seattle had thrown the ball more.

Man, I'm sorry you were crushed. BUT, YOU guys had already won five or six playoff games in the time we'd only won two, and been to the superbowl.

Either way, both teams are currently inconsistent and youngish, but we're both on the come up, I think. I'm excited for the near future of the Cowboys, and, for you (not to mention Special Agent Dale Cooper,) I'm excited for the future of the Seahawks, too.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

And, then, what if...

But, what if?
    Zeke didn't play in that game.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Zeke didn't play in that game.
    you're right. Dude, I've had a LOT on my mind since that game.
    What I meant to say is that they played most of their starters.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    That Alabama meltdown was sure something to behold. Holy shit.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    That Alabama meltdown was sure something to behold. Holy shit.
    Lol Tide

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    replace the "b" in Saban with a "t" & what do you get?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I got "Still the greatest college football coach of all time."

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I think I'm done with the NFL, *maybe* barring the team I like. I used to watch the playoffs religiously despite my team never being in them, but today's game just really soured it for me. New Orleans literally had the game stolen from them by a blatant non-call (for those who didn't watch: refs blew a call that would have let the Saints kick a gimme with time expiring to win, and instead forced an overtime that the Rams won). It pisses me off that you can challenge *some* game changing plays (turnovers, scores, spot positioning), but you can't challenge other things that lead to a change of possession or loss of downs.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I think I'm done with the NFL, *maybe* barring the team I like. I used to watch the playoffs religiously despite my team never being in them, but today's game just really soured it for me. New Orleans literally had the game stolen from them by a blatant non-call (for those who didn't watch: refs blew a call that would have let the Saints kick a gimme with time expiring to win, and instead forced an overtime that the Rams won). It pisses me off that you can challenge *some* game changing plays (turnovers, scores, spot positioning), but you can't challenge other things that lead to a change of possession or loss of downs.
    saint shouldve got tds first 2 drives but settled for field goals. the call was bad for sure but they shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. rooting kc now!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    KC looks like shit and it's going to suck if the season ends in such a disappointing performance.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    saint shouldve got tds first 2 drives but settled for field goals. the call was bad for sure but they shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. rooting kc now!
    Oh, don't get me wrong, the Saints made plenty of bad moves that left me wondering what the hell they were thinking. But here's the thing: in cases like that, it changes the whole dynamic of the game. Maybe the other team comes back. Maybe it changes play calling all around. There are tons of maybes. Maybe the Saints open an early lead and get absolutely crushed by the Rams. Maybe.

But if the ref makes that pass interference call, the Saints kneel three times and kick an extremely short field goal as time runs out. 9,999 times out of 10,000, that kick goes through. And the Saints win. That non-call absolutely can be directly attributed to costing them the game.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    great day for games yesterday although not happy about either result. let's hope Super Bowl isn't a blowout either way.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I swear to god, I sometimes think shit like this is on purpose. I think back to when that NBA ref was caught shaving points, and gave the utterly charming defense of "Well, EVERYONE was doing it!" :/

I'm probably wrong, but I wonder sometimes

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    So I don't think the Mavs can possibly make the playoffs now. J.J. has suffered a season ending injury.

And are any of you basketball junkies/mavs fans following this Dennis Smith Jr. drama?

He's like, not showing up for games. Carlisle said it must have something to do with his financial advisers, but "sources" have said that Smith Jr. is like, JEALOUS of rookie of the year hopeful Luka Doncic. IDK. Maybe it's more complicated than that: I mean, I'm SURE it is. But to me, it sure sounds like Smith is saying like "Cooooaaach, you said I was gonna be the star! I'm taking my ball and leaving."

Whatever the case, I don't see us climbing to 8th place in THIS shape.

Hey, I can be a Denver fan, too, since my brother and his family moved there.
    At least I'll have someone to cheer for in the playoffs.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So I don't think the Mavs can possibly make the playoffs now. J.J. has suffered a season ending injury.

Agreed. It’s alright though. Dallas wouldn’t have had a chance in the playoffs anyways. I’m just enjoying watching Luka’s development. Hopefully they can make it work with DSJ. They tanked for him and I don’t think there’s a trade package that would make me happy to give him up.

edit: speaking of Luka, he just recorded his first triple double.
    Last edited by ryanmcfly; 01-21-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Doncic is a beast. I kinda wish the Suns had taken him first over Ayton (although I am enjoying seeing Ayton in our colors) because he would've been our primary playmaker and made life easier for Devin Booker.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Agreed. It’s alright though. Dallas wouldn’t have had a chance in the playoffs anyways. I’m just enjoying watching Luka’s development. Hopefully they can make it work with DSJ. They tanked for him and I don’t think there’s a trade package that would make me happy to give him up.

edit: speaking of Luka, he just recorded his first triple double.
    Most def, except I disagree with you on ONE point. I think we could've climbed to 8th.

BUt, yeah, we're very much in a transitional phase. I mean, I sure didn't expect to see us make a deep playoff run this year, or next.

I hope to GOD Cool Hand Luka winds up being loyal to the Mavs like Dirk has been, as, as soon as his contract is up, he'll be getting offers left and right.

Also, I really, really hope we see things worked out with Smith Jr., although, even if we do for now, hasn't he already said he wanted to be traded?

Finally, I hope Jordan sticks around for at least a couple more years. I know he only signed a one year contract, but Cuban has deep pockets, and Jordan MAY appreciate his own coach-like role. I hope he does.

It SUCKS about Smith Jr though, as I saw him and LD as the future of the team,you know? But it's ok: I think he's replaceable.

Sorry this is turning into an essay, but while I'm talking to a fellow Mavericks fan, I've gotta ask: have you seen people in Boston and Indiana cheering for Dirk? And I'm talking about Celtics and Blazers fans. It's a trip.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Most def, except I disagree with you on ONE point. I think we could've climbed to 8th.
    I'm not saying they didn't have a chance to make the playoffs, but they wouldn't have a chance of winning anything because Steve Kerr has finally assembled the infinity gauntlet of starting 5s