Page 25 of 94 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

I won my fantasy game against sineater? Wow.

I'm actually sort of ready for the NHL season to start too. I think I'm going,to watch a bit of college hockey too. Easy peasy around my 'hood.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Wow, what a terrible start. Both runningbacks flopped, lost to Dra, and now I forgot to sub out Amendola so I got a big fat zero on the board on my way to 0-2. I mean my team was autodrafted, but I was actually pretty happy with it, so no excuses. I'll bounce back once baseball finishes up. That has my full attention right now, and I always get a slow start with the NFL since opening week is always during the Toronto Film Festival, so I rarely get to see any games and miss out on a lot of week 1 key pickups as I am at screenings all weekend. I did get to watch the 2nd half of the Pats/Jets the other day though. What a brutal game. Going down to Buffalo tonight for the Bills/Panthers game tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing Cam Newton play in person. I do that trip yearly with some of my works boys. We did Vick and the Eagles a couple years ago, and Brady and the Pats last year.

In hockey news, I am super stoked for the season to get going. First full season in a while, plus we finally get the Winter Classic I've been waiting years for, plus Olympics plus I'm doing a few road trips. Catching the Leafs in Edmonton, Calgary, Detroit, and maybe 1-2 more places in addition to Buffalo, Ottawa and Montreal (which I do every year). Plus I'm doing a VIP event with one Mario Lemieux in November, which is just fucking awesome.

Been watching all of the camp stuff on Leafs tv. Loved the additions we made this year. Big Dave Bolland fan, Bernier too. Hopefully we can get Franson signed and find a way to get him and Raymond under the cap. Does nobody want JM Liles? Carolina? Fuckin come on. Hopefully we can get Phil and Dion resigned before the start of season, I doubt we do, but it's so risky to leave it in my opinion.

I saw on Twitter today that Canadian Tire right by where my wife works was giving out free tickets to the preseason game on Monday vs the Flyers. Called her, sent her over, and bam, tickets procured.

Should be a great sports stretch for me this week;

Sun - Bills/Panthers
    Mon - Leafs/Flyers
    Tues - Jays/Yankees

Can't wait till October 1st.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well I got murdered today in Fantansy football. Two of my players got injured early on and all my other players outside Rodgers have severely underperformed! Shitty Fantasy Fooball day but I am still hopeful my Hawks can win tonight! We shall see should be a rough game against the Niners.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    this no flex position is killing me...how did 3WR and no PPR sneak past?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Who's undefeated in the ETS Fantasy Football League? Fookin Tossers. BAhahhahhahhahhahah*

*It won't last so let me enjoy my top of the heap status for another couple days.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Up to third after a week in 8th. Feeling pretty good about my team as I think they have underperformed so far.

So ready for regular season hockey. Some of the pre-season games have been interesting, most notably the Leafs and Sabres. Should be a fun series to watch throughout the year.

My predictions for the new season, because can. *=playoff spot. Sucks to be a team in the East this season.

Atlantic
    1. Detroit*
    2. Boston*
    3. Ottawa*
    4. Toronto
    5. Montreal
    6. Tampa Bay
    7. Buffalo
    8. Florida

Metropolitan
    1. Pittsburgh*
    2. Washington*
    3. New York Rangers*
    4. New York Islanders*
    5. Columbus*
    6. New Jersey
    7. Philadelphia
    8. Carolina

Central
    1. Chicago*
    2. St. Louis*
    3. Minnesota*
    4. Nashville*
    5. Dallas
    6. Colorado
    7. Winnipeg

Pacific
    1. Los Angeles*
    2. San Jose*
    3. Edmonton*
    4. Vancouver*
    5. Anaheim
    6. Phoenix
    7. Calgary

Edit: San Jose/Pittsburgh final. Yes that's a homer pick, but I have a feeling.
    Last edited by blackholesun; 09-25-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Columbus in the playoffs over the Leafs?

Go suck a fat one buddy. Why must people troll me like that?

Won a g note tonight betting on Rays and Saints. Heading down to Montreal for the opener last minute. Let's do this, frogs.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    Columbus in the playoffs over the Leafs?

Go suck a fat one buddy. Why must people troll me like that?

Won a g note tonight betting on Rays and Saints. Heading down to Montreal for the opener last minute. Let's do this, frogs.
    I'll give you this - The Leafs should do well this year. Nonis is trying hard. I agree with @blackholesun . Tough to be in the east, err Atlantic this year.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Hockey? I think yes!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    where the best place to offer a trade in ffb? i have Julius Thomas on the block...sent out a bunch of offers.
    Last edited by dogsipod; 10-02-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    A lot of goals last night. Wonder if changing the goalies pads had anything to do with it?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    A lot of goals last night. Wonder if changing the goalies pads had anything to do with it?
    I'm going to go with YES.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Girl fight and battle for first place in ETS fantasy football this week. @Trish99 is going down like a prom dress.

Lucky for me, I actually noticed that Calvin Johnson injured and swapped him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've got a good feeling my Red Sox are gonna win another World Series this year. It's already been an incredible turnaround, and they still have a ways to go, but the team reminds me of 2004 a lot. Would be a great story if they won it all after the disaster that was 2012.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Srsly...A TE that is avg 15 points a week and no one wants him.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dogsipod View Post
    Srsly...A TE that is avg 15 points a week and no one wants him.
    I would, but I honestly don't know who I'd give up. My RB core is off limits, and I'm keeping my respective Broncos receivers as is. Maybe Cam Newton is what I can offer, that would bite me in the ass come playoff time though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    if the season ended today the isles are a 4 seed! YEEEEEAAAAH! <lil' Jon style>

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dogsipod View Post
    if the season ended today the isles are a 4 seed! YEEEEEAAAAH! <lil' Jon style>
    Let's talk in what? fucking June?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, if there's one thing for certain, it's that betting against the New York Giants is probably going to be a safe bet for a while. A long, long while...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Anyone else stoked on the Sharks start? Sigh, I feel like this is the exact same thing that happened last year. Though having Hertl being a breakout star is a nice. It's a long year, so we'll see what happens.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Getting absolutely slaughtered in FF this year. With 2 injuries this weekend, my top 4 draft picks are going to be out for the season. Meh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Getting absolutely slaughtered in FF this year. With 2 injuries this weekend, my top 4 draft picks are going to be out for the season. Meh
    Ugh tell me about it these last two seasons have blown. My players this year are under performing thankfully I am going to pick up my second win of the season barring a miracle.

Well at least my Hawks are 6-1 and got St. Louis Monday Night next week with out Bradford...Um

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Phil Kessel with the hat trick baby, Leafs beat the Ducks 4-2 in Carlyle's first tilt against his old squad.

I was lucky enough to be in attendance tonight for the Selanne farewell tour. We played like ass for 30 minutes, and then played like dogs for the last 30. JVR was beastly.

Great night for Dion too with Yzerman and Chiarelli in attendance. Really hope he makes the team for Sochi.

7-3 tied for 1st in the Eastern Conference with Pittsburgh. Can't wait to get Clarkson back on Friday.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Anybody here get into Mavericks Basketball? im a MFFL...mavs fan for life. Rowdy, Loud and Proud.

Unfortunately, the mavs have been awful as of late. Do we have a fucking ball team this year?
    it sucks that most of our big guns left after we won our one championship.

Will a team built around dirk have another shot, or are we going to have to wait for an entirely new generation of players?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Phil Kessel with the hat trick baby, Leafs beat the Ducks 4-2 in Carlyle's first tilt against his old squad.
    Good timing for Little Phil right?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    That's Big Phil to you, missy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone here just not give a shit about sports? Music, my harley and guitars for me. I don't think I could name 5 pro athletes. Is that strange for a guy?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Anybody here get into Mavericks Basketball? im a MFFL...mavs fan for life. Rowdy, Loud and Proud.

Unfortunately, the mavs have been awful as of late. Do we have a fucking ball team this year?
    it sucks that most of our big guns left after we won our one championship.

Will a team built around dirk have another shot, or are we going to have to wait for an entirely new generation of players?
    Why Cuban hasn't blown it up to rebuild is beyond me. I'm a Spurs fan, so I see my share of Mavs ball during the season. It can't get worse than last year, but at best the Mavs are a lower seeded playoff team in a crowded western conference. Dirk is in the twilight of his career, still a very good and effective player, but he's not the guy from even two years ago. The defense will be okay, scoring will be middle of the pack, but I don't see any moves done in the offseason to make me thin they're anything better than a seventh seed.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

That's Big Phil to you, missy.
    Well, back in Bahstan they call him the one nut wonder.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Dirk is in the twilight of his career, still a very good and effective player, but he's not the guy from even two years ago. The defense will be okay, scoring will be middle of the pack, but I don't see any moves done in the offseason to make me thin they're anything better than a seventh seed.
    Yeah, i'm honestly afraid that it's gonna be a LONG damn time before we have a real team again. I've always been proud when san antonio wins, but of course i'm prouder when dallas beats them. Man, i will never forget in 06 when we beat the spurs on the way to the finals. I went outside and you could hear the whole fucking CITY screaming! And, oh god, the victory parade in '11...i think half the people there were tearing up. there were close to 300,000 people there, and fewer than twenty arrests. and dallas is a ROUGH city.

I guess you guys are used to Spurs parades down there, but you gotta remember, we've only had ONE.

I agree with you, i don't know WHAT in the fuck Cuban is doing, man. But i imagine Dirk will be with the Mavs till the end...he was a free agent and turned down MORE money to stay in dallas. Have you ever looked at his stats? he's in the 50-40-90 club, third longest free-throw streak in NBA history, only player in nba history with 150 3 pointers and 100 blocks in a season...

That being said, the Nowitzki lead mavs went SIXTY SEVEN and twelve in 07 and then lost to the (obviously 8th seeded) Golden State Warriors.

So Mavs fandom has been a real fucking rollercoaster, but i'm a home-team guy. Shit, i just bought a fitted Dallas Cowboys hat and long-sleeved shirt, even though it almost PHYSICALLY hurts me to watch them.