Page 105 of 154 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 4627

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I still feel to this day that The Last Samurai didn’t get as much Oscar consideration as it should have. Tom Cruise and Ken Watanabe were fantastic in this film.

Despite John Toll's incredible cinematography and Ken Watanabe's performance. It's a film that I think was a bit of an Oscar-bait film while Tom Cruise does his usual schtick though it's restrained and has a hilarious moment when he screams for Sake.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Jonathan Davis’ voice is the star of this film

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Earlier today, I watched Fifty Shades Darker and here is my rant on the film: https://letterboxd.com/thevoid99/fil...shades-darker/

If any of you SJWs can't handle my rant, then fuck you.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    If any of you SJWs can't handle my rant, then fuck you.
    ...what?

you're criticizing a terrible movie for being terrible, and one that many people are outspoken against as a horrendous misrepresentation of BDSM relationships (as this is simply an abusive relationship disguised as "romantic"). why would anyone give you shit for that?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Look, I don't know about you guys, but I generally go around blaming every single thing in life on "SJWs."

Road construction making me late for work....fucking SJWs are at it again.
    My phone is fucking up even though I've only had it for a year...probably SJWs are involved somehow.
    Ran out of peanut butter...Goddamn SJWs.

It's fun! Try it today.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Look, I don't know about you guys, but I generally go around blaming every single thing in life on "SJWs."

Road construction making me late for work....fucking SJWs are at it again.
    My phone is fucking up even though I've only had it for a year...probably SJWs are involved somehow.
    Ran out of peanut butter...Goddamn SJWs.

It's fun! Try it today.
    hahahaha this cracked me up. thank you for that.

people being held accountable for sexual misconduct... oh, wait...that's a good thing. thanks, SJWs! fighting the good fight even though people think you're (we're) over-sensitive idiots!

i've never understood people throwing shade at SJWs. like, WARRIOR is in the fucking name. why is it a bad thing to believe in equity/equality and to want that for people? why is it a bad thing to be fighting for that? why do people feel the need to be dicks about it? like, sorry i care about other people being able to function in this world with emotional well-being and you're too busy making memes to give a shit about anyone but yourself?

/rant

p.s. i'mma steal all your peanut butter, because it's delicious

p.p.s. actually on topic for the thread - my wife and i are addicted to food network shows. every time we're at home and have an opportunity to watch something else (we're on season 6 of DS9, season 3 of orphan black, etc.) we somehow just automatically choose guy's grocery games, chopped, or food network star. we have a problem.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    I knew a SJW was responsible.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    hahahaha this cracked me up. thank you for that.

people being held accountable for sexual misconduct... oh, wait...that's a good thing. thanks, SJWs! fighting the good fight even though people think you're (we're) over-sensitive idiots!

i've never understood people throwing shade at SJWs. like, WARRIOR is in the fucking name. why is it a bad thing to believe in equity/equality and to want that for people? why is it a bad thing to be fighting for that? why do people feel the need to be dicks about it? like, sorry i care about other people being able to function in this world with emotional well-being and you're too busy making memes to give a shit about anyone but yourself?

/rant

p.p.s. actually on topic for the thread - my wife and i are addicted to food network shows. every time we're at home and have an opportunity to watch something else (we're on season 6 of DS9, season 3 of orphan black, etc.) we somehow just automatically choose guy's grocery games, chopped, or food network star. we have a problem.
    SJWs hell yeah

Food Network, omg, my Husband and I *LOVE* “Chopped” and “Iron Chef” and “Beat Bobby Flay” and I’m ADDICTED to the Holiday Baking Championship, and my Husband watches Saturday Morning Food Network with me including Valerie Bertinelli, The Kitchen, Tricia Yearwood, etc., and now that new baking chick in Vermont who’s HILARIOUS.

When not watching the Food Network, I’m watching something on HGTV ... Flip or Flop, Fixer Upper, Property Brothers, House Hunters, House Hunters International, Love It or List It, etc. etc. I do real estate all day, it’s my job, it’s an addiction or something.

Okay and full disclosure: I’ve been watching a SHITLOAD of Hallmark Christmas movies. Because they all have happy endings and I need that right now.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-08-2017 at 12:21 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    SJWs hell yeah

Food Network, omg, my Husband and I *LOVE* “Chopped” and “Iron Chef” and “Beat Bobby Flay” and I’m ADDICTED to the Holiday Baking Championship, and my Husband watches Saturday Morning Food Network with me including Valerie Bertinelli, The Kitchen, Tricia Yearwood, etc., and now that new baking chick in Vermont who’s HILARIOUS.

When not watching the Food Network, I’m watching something on HGTV ... Flip or Flop, Fixer Upper, Property Brothers, House Hunters, House Hunters International, Love It or List It, etc. etc. I do real estate all day, it’s my job, it’s an addiction or something.

Okay and full disclosure: I’ve been watching a SHITLOAD of Hallmark Christmas movies. Because they all have happy endings and I need that right now.
    i feel like the four of us need to hang out, because we would just sit around and pet animals and watch all of the same ridiculous television programming.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's the same with people who criticise "virtue signalling". It's hard to imagine how anyone can be so bothered about people standing for something.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

I love that movie so much.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post

I love that movie so much.
    all three of them are so fun, and the scores for all three are great as well!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    sorry for the double post

got together with a few casual friends (i had never hung out with before) last night to watch Speed in our pajamas (one of the members of the group had never seen it). i wore out my vhs copy of it as a kid because i would watch it every time i stayed home sick for about...7 years? i still have the entire movie memorized, and it still holds up pretty well. we had a ton of fun.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    BBC Blue Planet 2.
    http://www.bbcearth.com/blueplanet2/
    Beautiful, sometimes disgusting (I know, part of nature), often worrying (climate). Amazing cinematography, like Planet Earth 2 before.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I swear, Dirk Gently is the best show on television right now, or it’s all that matters to me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I watched Ocean's 11 and this part really got to me.
    Does he make you laugh?
    He doesn't make me cry.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Soderbergh rules.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Jean Claude van Damme, one of my generation heroes, when precious few were happy enough to have a VHS player and supply of crappy tapes with terrible amateur dubbing. Last week Amazon Prime released "Jean Claude van Johnson", small 6-episodes series, and I quite enjoyed that, nicely done and the script, even in 80's style silly, had some original and funny ideas (Filip, Timecop), and Jean Claude acting is not bad at all. It's strange how uneven van Damme's movies are, from legendary to terrible.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    few were happy enough to have a VHS player and supply of crappy tapes with terrible amateur dubbing
    Ah yes, those were the times. Nice to see other countries are nostalgic about that. (You are, aren't you?)
    A few best-known dubbers from Russian/post-Soviet VHS market are still pretty well-known in Russian-speaking communities and still provide their own translations and dubs even for the new movies.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    It's good to see Jean-Claude Van Damme doing something different and having fun with it. I guess those years of being in bad straight-to-video films and JCVD has humbled him and gave him the chance to do other things and not take himself seriously anymore. At least he's going to be fine unlike that fat bitch Steven Seagal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been watching a heap of Adult Swim shows online lately, stuff like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Brak Show, Xavier: Renegade Angel and the Eric Andre Show. It's a shame Adult Swim doesn't air in Australia anymore, I can remember stumbling upon it years ago and watching Sealab 2021.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    YouTube Oats Studios channel, all of it. Remember District 9 or Elysium? Liked that? Good, now go watch this channel! :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/user/OatsStudios/videos

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    In the past 2 days I've watched You Only Live Twice and Diamonds are Forever. I like old Bond films even though they're sexist as hell. They remind me of a simpler time. What the world was like before 9/11. They're my comfort films.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    I, Tonya deserves a best picture nomination.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Two days ago I watched Pacific Rim, Godzilla (2014) and Kong Skull Island.

Because that's how I roll.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    That Tonya Harding movie was ok. Too frantic, too many 4th wall breaks. The tone is all over the place. The lady who plays her mom does a great job.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    remember when Christian Bale did all the press for American Psycho with an American accent?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Brawl In Cell Block 99 turned out to be pretty underwhelming. Between how badly lit some of it is, not getting more out of Don Johnson as a sadistic warden, and having to be reminded by other characters in almost every other scene how bad ass Vince Vaughn's character is, I'd almost say it's terrible but it had it's moments. I gave Vaughn a bit of the benefit of the doubt since surprisingly his character turned out to be the one I identified with more on the 2nd season of True Detective ​but this just didn't do it for me at all.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Wonderful movie by the late Sidney Lumet. Very dark, but powerful. And what a cast: Ethan Hawke, P. S. Hoffman, Marisa Tomei, Albert Finney, Michael Shannon...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Malcolm in the Middle.

I have to catch reruns on some kids network because only the first season was released on DVD in the US and Canada (apparently, it's due to some music copyright issues). It's a great shame because with The X-Files and The Simpsons, it's one of the greatest series ever to run on Fox.

The cast is amazing, kids and adults alike. And besides the absurdity of it, there is great character development and you can recognize yourself in them.

In the last episode of the series, Lois finds out that she is pregnant with her sixth kid which gives no choice to Hal to become a meth kingpin. Outstanding.