Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 2047

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Trent ages backwards.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Trent ages backwards.
    like benjamin button...someone in the photoshop thread get on that.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The next photo we see of him, probably the HTDA promo shots, he'll look even younger and have the skrillex hair again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You'd think topspin would at least e-mail us giving an update... so unprofessional.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Guys enough with the Topspin is unprofessional stuff. They usually are SUPER professional. Why do we need an email from them, when we already know it's been delayed again via Rob Sheridan. It's not Topspin's fault that it's been delayed. Don't shoot the messenger. All they did was provide an outlet for Trent and Atticus to sell the product.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Guys enough with the Topspin is unprofessional stuff. They usually are SUPER professional. Why do we need an email from them, when we already know it's been delayed again via Rob Sheridan. It's not Topspin's fault that it's been delayed. Don't shoot the messenger. All they did was provide an outlet for Trent and Atticus to sell the product.
    Yes. The manufacturing and prototyping/design processes are the reasons for the delay, this is old news. Also, Topspin has saved TR in the past (I think for the initial Dragon Tattoo CD/digital) when another outlet let him down.
    Last edited by blassster; 03-31-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you and blassster on Topspin.

But I did want to point out that not all fans who bought the package are here on ETS to know about Rob's tweets (or happen to be regularly reading Rob's tweets on their own). And they shouldn't have to -- if you spend hundreds of dollars on something, you should get an e-mail if it's delayed.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Email arrived:
    Thanks again for your order of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo limited edition set. Unfortunately, we're very sorry to report that our production run has come back with a flaw that we feel is unacceptable, and we need the manufacturer to fix. The manufacturer has informed us that correcting this error will push our shipping date back to the week of April 27th. This is extremely frustrating for us as we're sure it is for you, but we simply cannot let anything ship out that isn't up to our quality standards. We appreciate your patience. Attached are some new photos of the package to tide you over. We're thrilled with how it's turning out, but we need it to be perfect. If you decide you're not content with the additional delay and want a refund of your purchase, please click the customer service link in your original receipt or contact customer service directly and we'll be happy to accommodate.

Again, we apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience,

Null

Refund is a possibility right now...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Anyone feel like posting said photos?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    If witte is considering a refund, that's not a good sign. I sure hope they don't have too many cancellations.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I would love to buy the vinyl set, but £191 is so much money. I really wish they'd've sold it without the necklace or whatever, to get the price lower, or at least included the CDs :\

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    If witte is considering a refund, that's not a good sign. I sure hope they don't have too many cancellations.

Don't worry, I only asked a refund for my extra orders.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I plan on canceling my order......I'm not upset at TR & company, it's just that I would rather use my money on other stuff rather than this collection at this point. Good luck to those of you who wait it out, I hope they hook you up with some extra goodies to make up for the extended delay....

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Shit. Now I need to change my shipping address, because I'll be out of the campus dorms by the time it ships.

It looks pretty badass, though. I'm still excited to get it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Kinda not surprised at it being delayed...again...I got that sense from Rob's tweets...oh well. I'd rather have it delayed in the end in order to be as perfect as Rob, TR, and AR want it to be.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The official packaging looks fantastic. Still excited to get it. At this point, I guess by the time that I actually get it, I can just tell myself that it's a nice little birthday present to myself.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    As disappointed as I was when I read the new ship date, those photos re-energized me. It's really looking fantastic, and I can't wait to obnoxiously bear that beautiful USB drive. I was also thinking that we should get some free Dragon Tattoo swag for the delay - nothing fancy, just some promo stuff - posters, wristbands, shirts... please??? pretty please??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    do they send this mail only to selected buyers?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    What do you mean with 'selected buyers'?
    Everyone who made an order receives such an email.

vv does Sandbag still deliver? vv
    Last edited by witte; 04-02-2012 at 01:14 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I haven't. maybe cause I ordered it through that clusterfuck Sandbag company

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    didnt get one either. but last time when it said "delayed till end of march" i received one throu sanbag.
    will wait and see....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    two hours after writing the post above. i got the same mail as the others... finally i got the pix...
    (sarcasm on) now lets see when they deliver it in one package with the "nin-drive by ryan" (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/440-NIN-Drive-Did-you-get-yours) (sarcasm off)

this order being thru sandbag.
    Last edited by sven; 04-02-2012 at 06:15 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^^^
    got it too. sent them an email earlier today, don't know if it's a coincidence or not

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i got my email of the delay on April 1st, so naturally i thought it may be an April fools joke.
    then i logged on here and saw that some of you have gotten the same email.

if this had been an April fools joke, it would be a cruel one to say the least :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Considering I pre-ordered this in December, and the movies been out on DVD for a while now, and the hype has calmed down considerably, I've found myself requesting a refund because I simply don't care at this point. It was too pricey in December when I bought it, but splurged anyway. Now? In April? No thanks. I'm done. Hoping the refund process is smooth.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Hi ........ Thank you for your email. Your purchase has been refunded. At a minimum, it typically takes between 3 to 5 business days for the reversal to appear on your credit card statement, however some banks process refunds at the end of their billing cycle.
    You may view your refund from your online receipt: ...........
    Kindly, .......

My email was sent Saturday 3/31, easy job!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    ^ Thanks nine_inch_nerd. I'll be doing the same.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    this is me posting random negativity, so by all means ignore, I just felt like articulating my thoughts on the subject. while I have no doubt the product will ultimately be great, I think this is a sad turn of events for the nindustry. my fiancee bought me the deluxe set as a surprise gift, which thrilled me, but it's just turned into a joke at this point -- and to her, this all just seems rampantly unprofessional.

in the new music economy, interest peaks and disappears in the drop of a hat, washed out by the sheer amount of other product out in the marketplace. I can honestly say that, after this, my fiancee would certainly be less inclined to jump in and buy a preorder package for me (from Reznor or anyone, really). And that makes me sad. It was a big leap of faith to ask people to buy 3 hours of unheard, instrumental soundtrack music in the first place -- but then not being able to deliver it when you said you would is the sort of thing that not only defeats buzz, it raises apathy. While I'm sure the difference in product will be night and day, it looks ridiculous that the theatrical run and dvd release of this movie have all happened before the soundtrack release... and appearances can mean everything when it comes to sales.

Again, I'm sorry for the negativity, I just felt like putting that out there. I want Reznor & Co. to succeed because I like the music. I don't want it to get washed under this sort of thing.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I don't think people should be refunding them unless they need the money, as it seems rather defeatist, but:
    TR/AR/Rob knew the score was going to be pretty long. They knew roughly what they wanted for the deluxe package. Whilst the actual vinyls and content were not going to be ready pre-release, they could've gotten some mock ups of the package with blank vinyls, to make sure it was fine well before the OST even dropped. I understand many things can happen that no one can anticipate, but the OST was always going to have roughly the same release slot, and whilst TRAR were working on the music, Rob could've been getting the mockups, so they'd know about whatever issues have happened in advance.

But of course, this is their second ever deluxe package and first with a rigid timeslot forced by a label (Sony pictures), so I think this was simply a learning experience, and TFDE/HTDA LE/NIN/Whatever will be almost flawless in delivery. Hindsight is 20/20 after all, I just hope the poor experiences with Mute, whoever was making the packages and deadlines doesn't mean that Null Co stop doing deluxe packages, as they are always excellent, and I would buy them all if I could afford it.

And of course, this could be the reason HTDA has mysteriously been pushed back despite being finished on an audio level - they want to actually say "hey, you can buy the deluxe today and get it mailed to you tomorrow, instead of in 4 months!".