Thread: Coil

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Are there any songs / remixes by Coil similar to / stemming from the same era of the sound they brought to their remixes for TDS? Besides LSD and the Contaminated albums, that is. I've listened to a few albums here and there, but it's really their work for Trent - especially on the TDS' title song - that I like most.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Are there any songs / remixes by Coil similar to / stemming from the same era of the sound they brought to their remixes for TDS? Besides LSD and the Contaminated albums, that is. I've listened to a few albums here and there, but it's really their work for Trent - especially on the TDS' title song - that I like most.
    i've heard almost everything they ever released and, as much as i love their output, there's not really much that compares to the remixes they did for NIN in the mid-90s, which is what got me into them in the first place.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i've heard almost everything they ever released and, as much as i love their output, there's not really much that compares to the remixes they did for NIN in the mid-90s, which is what got me into them in the first place.
    There's certainly nothing like the Gave Up mix. I understand why they didn't do the vocal cutups very much beyond it, novel as it is, but I LOVE the sound of it. Gonna use it myself I think.

@r_z In general style, I do think the original Backwards (as on the 2015 Cold Spring release) is pretty fitting with the TDS remixes.

Also, it might be worth trying a track from Constant Shallowness Leads to Evil, just to see if it tickles your fancy. Heaviest, loudest, most abrasive thing Coil ever did, and a goddamn shame it was the only thing of its kind.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    It's not in the same bucket, really, but Coil did a remix of Rush by Depeche Mode that's... well, very much a Coil remix of a Depeche Mode song. Guessing it's mostly Danny Hyde on this one, considering how dancey it is.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    It's not in the same bucket, really, but Coil did a remix of Rush by Depeche Mode that's... well, very much a Coil remix of a Depeche Mode song. Guessing it's mostly Danny Hyde on this one, considering how dancey it is.
    damn, i had never heard that depeche mode remix, it's great and should totally have been on the main 81-04 remixes release. Makes me realize i do not have that rare tracks download that came with the album