Thread: Do you or don't you like Everything?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Hey, how you experience it is your choice.
    But if there's no booklet gazing, you technically removed part of the album, which - going by your previous post - makes it an incomplete listening experience.

Granted, it could be worse. I know some people who regularly skip no less than 91 tracks on Broken.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    But if there's no booklet gazing, you technically removed part of the album, which - going by your previous post - makes it an incomplete listening experience.

Granted, it could be worse. I know some people who regularly skip no less than 91 tracks on Broken.
    The album is the audio. The package is more than that sure, Ghosts is a great example - but the album, of itself, is the tracks.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    The album is the audio. The package is more than that sure, Ghosts is a great example - but the album, of itself, is the tracks.
    But if by full album you mean the tracks only... Wait.

Are you trying to tell me that your HM sessions for example, consist of listening to the 14 main tracks, and do not end with putting on the "In conversation with..." segment? Yet skipping a 3 minute song somehow invalidates the "full album" thing?

Wow.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    But if by full album you mean the tracks only... Wait.

Are you trying to tell me that your HM sessions for example, consist of listening to the 14 main tracks, and do not end with putting on the "In conversation with..." segment? Yet skipping a 3 minute song somehow invalidates the "full album" thing?

Wow.
    "In conversation with" is a bonus on the digital version of the album. That's like reading the author's foreword. A nice addition, but in no way integrated into the work itself. In french I'd say "Arrète de jouer au con", in english it'd probably translate to "stop being an ass for the sake of arguing".