Thread: Stranger Things - AKA the Kate Bush Revival

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

good news: the stranger things blu-ray/dvd set at target is real! and the poster that it comes with is pretty awesome!

bad news: there are ZERO special features on this thing (unless they're hidden), which is incredibly disappointing. i want a gag reel, behind the scenes footage, featurettes, etc.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

I know it's nitpicky, but I really wish the "VHS" cover and "cassette" didn't have the Netflix logo on them. This would legitimately look like a tape out of the 80s without that. Just put your stupid logo on the back.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I know it's nitpicky, but I really wish the "VHS" cover and "cassette" didn't have the Netflix logo on them. This would legitimately look like a tape out of the 80s without that. Just put your stupid logo on the back.
    i'm way more pissed off at the complete lack of special features (it's also way too big to be an actual tape).

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    i'm way more pissed off at the complete lack of special features (it's also way too big to be an actual tape).
    Ah, hard to get a sense of scale from the photos - good point. And yeah, I'd be way more pissed off about the special features, too. I wonder if they just didn't shoot much extra because they were on a budget and had no idea it would be this popular. Maybe S2 will have something?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Ah, hard to get a sense of scale from the photos - good point. And yeah, I'd be way more pissed off about the special features, too. I wonder if they just didn't shoot much extra because they were on a budget and had no idea it would be this popular. Maybe S2 will have something?
    hopefully!

when i get home later, i'll take a picture of it next to an actual VHS cassette so you can see the actual size of it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    hopefully!

when i get home later, i'll take a picture of it next to an actual VHS cassette so you can see the actual size of it.

sorry! totally forgot i was supposed to do this the other day.

anyway, you can see that the outer case and inner "tape" are way bigger than a standard VHS cassette, but they still look awesome!
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 10-23-2017 at 02:33 PM.