Thread: How fucked was your day?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    This needed to return.

In March of this year, my car was stolen, and later found with the ignition completely ripped out. I ended up just buying a family member's slightly better car off of them, since they was planning on getting a new car anyway, instead of fixing my stolen car.

THEN, in September of this year, I was involved in an accident on the highway that totaled THAT car. So after bumming rides for a month and a half. I FINALLY got the insurance money and bought ANOTHER new car.

Flash forward to this morning. I get to my car to go to work, and sure enough, someone had taken a crowbar to the window paneling on the passenger side, ripped that out, and tried to steal my new car, by once again ripping out the ignition. AWESOME. Not only is it going to be a pain in the ass trying to get this fixed, but there's no way I will be able to afford my insurance now.

I have the worst luck with cars.
    Ugh, that sucks man. Are the ignition thefts happening in your driveway, a parking lot..? Maybe a cheap way to try and deter that shit is to buy one of those fake surveillance cameras and stick it somewhere looking at your car? Or if it's happening in your driveway, a motion activated light maybe.

Did your insurance go up last time this happened? It doesn't seem like it should, since theft issues are covered under comprehensive policies and are non-moving.

For my complaint of the day...my fiancee got me tickets to the Raiders/Dolphins game this Sunday in Miami. I've never been to a football game, and the Raiders have been my team my whole life, so I've been super excited about this. She had the days off and everything.

This morning her boss called and told her she can't have the weekend off, even though he already previously told her she could. We're both pissed. She's taking sick days if it comes to it, but he's a dick and I hope he gets stung by a lot of bees.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nascentia View Post
    Ugh, that sucks man. Are the ignition thefts happening in your driveway, a parking lot..? Maybe a cheap way to try and deter that shit is to buy one of those fake surveillance cameras and stick it somewhere looking at your car? Or if it's happening in your driveway, a motion activated light maybe.

Did your insurance go up last time this happened? It doesn't seem like it should, since theft issues are covered under comprehensive policies and are non-moving.
    The insurance didn't go up the first time my car was stolen, but it definitely went up after the accident in September. I'm assuming that a third time would make it go higher. I REALLY hope that isn't the case, but I have a feeling that it might be.

And the first time it happened, it was parked outside of my mom's house. This time it was parked in front of my apartment building. There is off street parking in the back of the building, but it was full last night when I got home so I had to park on the street out front. I live in the city, so I mean, it was destined to happen. I'm probably just going to get a club now after I get this fixed. It just kind of stings, because this car is so new, I JUST got the tags and plates for it like last week.