Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I don't feel that way about "Hurt", i love both NIN's and Cash versions, but i do feel that way about his cover for "Personal Jesus", to me Cash IMPROVED so much that song and this is coming from someone who loves Depeche Mode.

I find his take on Personal Jesus too "Cash by the numbers", to be honest. I just like it, nothing more. I even prefer the acoustic version DM themselves recorded as a b-side.

Hurt is much more interesting, and I really like it, but nevertheless count me among those who are fed up with all this "he owns the song now" nonsense. Each to his own, but I find that view almost insulting.
    Last edited by Shunt; 04-20-2018 at 05:00 AM. Reason: clarity

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    I find his take on Personal Jesus too "Cash by the numbers", to be honest. I just like it, nothing more. I even prefer the acoustic version DM themselves recorded as a b-side.

Hurt is much more interesting, and I really like it, but nevertheless count me among those who are fed up with all this "he owns the song now" nonsense. Each to his own, but I find that view almost insulting.
    I agree it's "Cash by the numbers", that's why i like it, for some reason his voice works so much better with the song, i know DM already did the "acoustic approach", but Cash one feels better with the "bluesy approach"; it's just a matter of taste.