Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
So Many Directions: The Fragile Megamix by wizfan

Listen to me on Mixcloud!

High quality 320kbps mp3: PM me!

After five days of lovingly (and painstakingly) editing songs together, I present to you So Many Directions. 153 minutes of Reznorrific, Supercali-Fragile-istic explorations. This is my love letter to The Fragile, a celebration of all the amazing sonic experiments made by Trent and Alan during the intense post-TDS period, cobbled together using whatever I could find. Of course, 2017 DE and Deviations were my main sources; I strung them together with choice cuts from Still, Things Falling Apart, the 5.1 audio of AATCHB (even the menus, which have lots of secrets) and a few surprises.

It took a lot of wrestling with waveforms and crossfades to pull this off. I started with no clear plan; I would place a song and then think, "what should I put next?" I let each song lead me to the next, going on a different journey of The Fragile in the process. I felt like I was constructing a new narrative of my own — pssst, @Sesquipedalism — , finding my way in this seemingly endless tapestry of sounds. As such, I messed with the tracklist significantly. I even messed with the songs themselves, splicing sections from different versions together. You may NOT like what I've done to some of your fave tracks. Some are unharmed, others have had some slight additions or alterations, and others... well, let's just say I wasn't very kind to them, hehehe.

I will keep the tracklist a secret for the time being, and will post a timestamped tracklist on Mixcloud after it gets a few listens from you guys. No spoilers! And I will eventually post my individual song edits.

And, yes, @botley and @seasonsinthesky , I did leave -1db of headroom before converting to mp3, so you won't hear any clipping. Regarding audio processing, I've only done some EQ'ing, panning, and those ubiquitous crossfades (drinking game: every time I make a crossfade, take a shot).

Dedicated to all of you Bob Ezrins who keep the Fragile dream alive by making their own tracklists, mixes and experiments!

...and no Smash Mouth this time. Promise.
Listening to this now. This is really awesome so far. Just a heads up: you might want to upload this somewhere else as well. Mixcloud has a tendency to pull mixes that feature more than two or three songs by the same artist. My Nine Inch Nails mix that I uploaded there a couple years ago got pulled for that reason.