I'm not surprised to hear rumors like this and I am a believer of them all. Call me naive but this is just one more way to control their consumers and make them pay for every game, DLC and every item involved within a game console. I don't condone full on game trading and used selling but I do get my fair share of games at used and cheaper secondhand prices - it's just more economically sound to get a game at a cheaper price then shelling out top dollar for $60.00 (currently) for a game when you want it but are hesitant to buy it full price asap.

I'm sure with such a thing implemented, they'd probably pursue an increase in game prices - probably making a game at least (if not more) $70.00 for a new game at launch day. Such prices are steep and are close to being absurd. I think $60.00 for a game these days is high enough already.

PS4 and 720 might want to use these tactics in the next gen of consoles but I guarantee there'll be a lot less people involved with the generation for the simple fact of no backwards compatibility or used game sales. Such things will turn a lot of casual gamers off (who still are a good part of revenue). Whether publishers (mostly) or devs (often) want to believe or not, the used game commerce and sales are a major part of the gaming industry today. Taking away such things will sour a lot of people.

Whatever. In recent news I played my PS3 for the first time since October today. I should use it more often and blend to make a healthy 50/50 usage between it and my 360. I still think my 360 will continue to see more use though...