Thread: Radiohead

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Radiohead are massive dude. They could do more nights in these markets if they wanted. I am SUPER excited to see them. Still haven't seen them do any shows since their last excellent album came out...plus I imagine we'll get some of those tasty OK Computer b-sides!
    I'm actually considering going to one of the Boston shows, but like the Pumpkins, I question whether they bit off more than they can chew. But hell, I was shocked that Coldplay can fill stadiums.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I'm actually considering going to one of the Boston shows, but like the Pumpkins, I question whether they bit off more than they can chew. But hell, I was shocked that Coldplay can fill stadiums.
    I’d be pretty shocked if Radiohead doesn’t sell out all these shows fairly quickly.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I’d be pretty shocked if Radiohead doesn’t sell out all these shows fairly quickly.
    I just don't see it. I mean, how many hit/iconic songs do they have? But what do I know? We will see.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I just don't see it. I mean, how many hit/iconic songs do they have? But what do I know? We will see.
    quite a few (creep, just, fake plastic trees, karma police, & pyramid song, to name some of them), but they also have a very large and dedicated fan base. i've only met a handful of people who don't like radiohead. when i saw them the summer before my freshman year of high school and they were touring on amnesiac, they built their own god damn stage in grant park because millennium park didn't exist yet, and the show completely sold out. it was me, my mom, four friends, and one other parent who all went together for the show, and it was nuts. if they were playing somewhere with decent sound i would have gotten tickets to see them this year, because i haven't seen them since 2004 at alpine valley (which was a good show with mediocre sound).

anyway, point being, whether or not you love radiohead, there are a fuckton of people that do.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    They haven't at all. They sell out secondary market arenas within hours of on sale. Places like Boston and MSG will sell out quickly as well. They are huge and don't tour alot. I wouldn't go if you're expecting to hear the hits though. You'll get some big songs, but not all of them. I could see them digging really deep and obscure with these shows considering they aren't touring behind anything specific.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    They haven't at all. They sell out secondary market arenas within hours of on sale. Places like Boston and MSG will sell out quickly as well. They are huge and don't tour alot. I wouldn't go if you're expecting to hear the hits though. You'll get some big songs, but not all of them. I could see them digging really deep and obscure with these shows considering they aren't touring behind anything specific.
    As of yesterday you can only get single tickets (no multiple seats together) for the Boston shows. Yeah, there was more demand than I realized.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    As of yesterday you can only get single tickets (no multiple seats together) for the Boston shows. Yeah, there was more demand than I realized.
    NOW DO YOU SEE?!?!!?!? haha.

So I was patient and got a GA ticket for the 4th MSG show. I was frozen out of GA for the initial on-sale at 10am. Radiohead can be a sleepy experience at times, so I'd prefer to be nice and close and not sitting in a seat across an arena. The fourth show went on sale at 10:45am. I was able to pull one GA ticket at 11:05am on the TM app. Maybe the app works better than a browser? I was trying on two different browsers on my laptop also at the same time. I'm relieved. Going with friends but we'll have to separate. Not complaining though.