Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I cannot, for the life of me, understand what the big deal is surrounding that LCD Sound System band. They have got to be the most overrated, overglorified, downright shit band I've heard in the past decade.

Listened to their newest album three times, and can't understand even a modicum of the hype surrounding it. It sounds like Bono wailing/speak-singing over the most rudimentary New Order knock-off instrumentals he could find. Some of the tracks -- Other Voices, Call The Cops, Emotional Haircut -- made me want to jump out of a window, they were so annoying.

I remember when they revealed the album cover for American Dreams and wondering if the music was going to be as bland as the cover suggested. Sure enough..
    I'm with you. Said it a few times on here before. LCD is dance music for white people that are afraid to listen to actual electronic dance music. If you wanna shake your butt, listen to some stuff with balls instead of that neutered crap:

Last edited by bobbie solo; 09-04-2017 at 01:13 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I'm with you. Said it a few times on here before. LCD is dance music for white people that are afraid to listen to actual electronic dance music. If you wanna shake your butt, listen to some stuff with balls instead of that neutered crap
    Man, you should've followed your statements up and post some stuff that's actually got more balls than LCD instead of posting some generic dance music that's incredibly one note.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Man, you should've followed your statements up and post some stuff that's actually got more balls than LCD instead of posting some generic dance music that's incredibly one note.
    I would argue that the Dirty Bird guys are at the top of the food chain in producing quality, dance-able house that pushes the genre in different directions. Sure they're not experimental per se, but they are consistent. No balls? Did you actually listen to that bassline in the Hello Clouds remix?

Malaa (Tchami & DJ Snake most likely) are doing interesting things with g house and some more techy stuff. Not completely my bag, but they're popular and people wait on every new track.

Waxy is just a fun producer and DJ. See him DJ live before scoffing. 1:05:38 in.