Page 87 of 160 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 4778

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    As much as I would like to "take a journey with you" I can do the same with a cd player/radio too. I can take a journey on a CD player too, and it's far more affordable.
    This. It does seem a little unfair not to have any CDs/Digital in the store for those of us who would like to support by buying direct.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astfgyl View Post
    This. It does seem a little unfair not to have any CDs/Digital in the store for those of us who would like to support by buying direct.
    But to Trent, this is what feels like "the right thing to do RIGHT NOW," as he's put it before. He'll change his mind again later and you'll get a CD/download.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    He'll change his mind again later and you'll get a CD/download.
    Hopefully soon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    TDS was my first album I ever bought and I condenser it one of the best albums ever made

TDTWWA (Quiet) is my favorite version of the song.

ILFTJYF is my favorite on Right and is extremely underrated.

Still is my favorite release with the last 3 songs being my favorites.

Leaving Hope is my Fav NIN song of all

My only favorites off YZ are the last 3 songs.
    All things I mostly agree with. Though that Complication statement hurt.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I really have no care going to either of these 2 festival shows. I don't care for festivals at all, and I've only been to 1, Coachella to see NIN. Other than that I've had no drive to ever do another one. Not my type of gig. I really hope there are some solo dates.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    All things I mostly agree with. Though that Complication statement hurt.
    I second that.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Complication is just really boring and repetitive. Doesnt do much for me

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Complication is just really boring and repetitive. Doesnt do much for me
    i heartily disagree. it is CONSTANTLY changing and evolving. there is not one "set" within the song that repeats exactly because something is always being added or changed. and i love it for that.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i heartily disagree. it is CONSTANTLY changing and evolving. there is not one "set" within the song that repeats exactly because something is always being added or changed. and i love it for that.

Hey if you like it then thats cool.

Just imo, the same synth line and phased guitar just get really boring for me is all.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I don't know how you can get bored with a song that's only 2 1/2 minutes long.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    a) Complication is the balls.

b) I'm just putting FTDS on my PC, and I'm tagging Eraser [Realisation] with an S damnit, and screw you if you can't handle that.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    a) Complication is the balls.

b) I'm just putting FTDS on my PC, and I'm tagging Eraser [Realisation] with an S damnit, and screw you if you can't handle that.
    i think you're just in denial

...i'll see myself out.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    2007 was Trent Reznor's best year as an artist. i.e., I'll Year Zero and Niggy Tardust over his production from any other single calendar year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinminorkey View Post
    2007 was trent reznor's best year as an artist. I.e., i'll year zero and niggy tardust over his production from any other single calendar year.
    lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Happiness In Slavery" is a terrible, terrible song.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlGirl View Post
    "Happiness In Slavery" is a terrible, terrible song.
    Nice try Trent, not gonna stop people asking it to be played

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I really love The Slip, I think it is one of the best put together album and works beatifully as a whole, it is such as smooth listen from beginning to end.
    Last edited by HWB; 06-23-2017 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Forgot "S" in smooth, why are letters keep falling off from my words? It isn't like I don't know how to write these words.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    The Slip is like Trent's adorable little electro-garage punk album, for me. "Watch me show all these fuckers who bitch about me taking a half decade between albums how I can bang out a record in just a couple weeks.."

Messy, noisy and totally not giving a fuck. What's not to love? If the relatively brief period between WT and YZ was the first round knockdown, and the double Ghosts album was the TKO, The Slip is like the bitchslap you get after you wake up and wonder why you ever doubted the guy on a creative level. Discipline is still in my current NIN top ten of all time.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Songs like "Letting You" or "1,000,000" really get me going, so intense, chaotic and exciting.

I really feel like that the knowledge of it being done in a short ammount of time and it being free is making people look at it as a lesser album, yet, I feel, it is very amazing, even with entirety of NIN's discography in mind. I wouldn't call it simple as others would say.

And yeah, Discipline kicks ass.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I love The Slip as well. It's a fun album. I don't know why people rag on that record.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I don't know either, maybe there is some personal stuff againts it as people expected it to be the last NIN record or something? Either way, like all NIN albums, it aged wonderfully and got only better with time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Some people also may not like it since they expected the next album after Ghosts to be a sequel to Year Zero.

Though The Slip DOES have a few themes in it that are in Year Zero...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    My opinion, the song writing wasn't that good. The time frame which Trent gave himself on the album also shows in the final product.

Whatever ones opinion is of TS it's nowhere near as polished as TDS or TF. If he went about making albums like TS from the beginning I'm not sure what kind of following he would have.

^^^controversial opinion

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Whatever ones opinion is of TS it's nowhere near as polished as TDS or TF.
    That was never the point of The Slip to begin with though. If anything, it was created as a direct contrast to the perfectionism that bogged down the creations of his earlier masterstrokes.

I think the rushed, hurried nature of the album was his intent from the beginning, as if to prove to himself that he could create something substantial and worthwhile even within the timeframe of a month. It would be unreasonable to think he could put out something as grand in scope as YZ only a year after that album had been released. The fact that he gave it away for free at the time lends to it being more of an experiment than an actual artistic statement, I think..

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    That was never the point of The Slip to begin with though.

I fully understand that, as most people on ETS do. However if someone gives the whole NIN discography to the average person without knowing the background to it they really don't care what the intent was- only the final product.

Personal opinion- if TS was the first NIN album an average music aficionado had with the band they would be left scratching their head wondering what all the fuss was about.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    if someone gives the whole NIN discography to the average person without knowing the background to it they really don't care what the intent was- only the final product.

they would be left scratching their head wondering what all the fuss was about.
    My response to that would be:

Don't really give a shit about the average person and their opinion, if they can't see what all the fuss is about..

Don't try and tell me that the Slip is not a wonderful album, you clearly haven't had enough [NIN] to know what it's like..

Alright!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    My response to that would be:

Don't really give a shit about the average person and their opinion, if they can't see what all the fuss is about..

Don't try and tell me that the Slip is not a wonderful album, you clearly haven't had enough [NIN] to know what it's like..

Alright!
    To each their own, I like the album for what it is knowing the background of it. Personally don't think it stacks up to the ret of the NIN catalog however.

Not to sound deragotory towards it, but at times people seem to make excuses for the album. Myself included in this post I guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Head Down, Discipline, Echoplex and The Four of Us Are Dying are fantastic. The Slip was my first introduction to Nine Inch Nails, so I'll always have a soft spot for it. It's got a little bit of everything-- the ghostly ambient stuff, aggressive rockers, pensive material and awesome sonic layering. It's an engrossing, concise record that is kind of an amalgamation of everything Trent had done.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    To me, The Slip is quality. It is actually a favorite of mine as it has a sense of urgency about it and it feels cohesive.

And I enjoy all of the tracks (sadly I can't say the same for The Fragile or TDS - no matter how much I love the albums).

My only criticism is the artwork. The artwork seemed like an afterthought and it just seemed like Rob had run out of ideas.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i don't like sunspots. i don't find it sexy, like most people do. i find it kind of tedious. it's definitely my least-favorite song on With Teeth. and the vacuum cleaner solo is much better suited to the live version of sanctified that showed up in 2013.