Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The X-Files

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Holding other people's breath is very much illegal anyway...

I just rewatched the original serie, and the last two seasons were a drag, the mythos was a mess. For the time the serie was great, but they would have to seriously rewrite the whole thing and start fresh.
    Last edited by Khrz; 01-17-2015 at 09:26 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Happens or not, I'll be fine. Seems pretty sure that the third movie isn't happening. I'm just hopeful (at some point) that maybe they bring it back for one season to give it a proper send off. And on a side note, if you plan on watching the series on netflix, you better hurry...

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'd prefer a third movie like they've been talking about since forever.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'd like another movie as well. Not very optimistic though. A reboot for a season would be more realistic. I don't see it coming back permanently or for a movie. Last movie flopped.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    This can only end in disappointment.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I have never watched an episode of this show, but I just bought the complete series from Amazon. I love sci-fi and need something new to watch. Looking forward to starting season 1.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    it takes a little while to get going but stick with it, the 2nd and 3rd seasons are some of the best TV i've ever watched - and the cliffhangers to each season are intense

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    it takes a little while to get going but stick with it, the 2nd and 3rd seasons are some of the best TV i've ever watched - and the cliffhangers to each season are intense
    That's how I felt about DS9.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Season 2, 5 and 6 are my favorites.

Even though people shit on the show past season 4, season 6 had some of the BEST episodes of the series.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    for me the resolution to s3's cliffhanger was a bit of a ball drop, but at the end of the day it's good to the end. Plus you get random episodes written by people like William Gibson

DS9 is a good comparison, with both DS9 and the x files, you'd never know how awesome the show gets if you just watched the first few episodes

Plus did anyone mention Scully is like the fittest woman alive? Because she is

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    for me the resolution to s3's cliffhanger was a bit of a ball drop, but at the end of the day it's good to the end. Plus you get random episodes written by people like William Gibson

DS9 is a good comparison, with both DS9 and the x files, you'd never know how awesome the show gets if you just watched the first few episodes

Plus did anyone mention Scully is like the fittest woman alive? Because she is
    I'd add Babylon 5 to the list. Season 1 was pretty bad.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Started season 1 tonight and watched the pilot. I'm not blown away, but I enjoyed it and look forward to watching the entire series. I can't believe I never watched an episode until now.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Started season 1 tonight and watched the pilot. I'm not blown away, but I enjoyed it and look forward to watching the entire series. I can't believe I never watched an episode until now.
    I love the dark, gritty feel and low budget aspect of season 1. Squeeze, Ice, Gender Bender, Lazarus, Shapes, Tooms and The Erlenmeyer Flask are classic X Files. You should dig those.

Spoiler: Thinking about it now, I forgot how dark the earlier alien conspiracy episodes were like Deep Throat.

The show definitely comes into it's own for season 2. It runs amazing till season 6. I love 6 as stated but for some 6 onwards is where it falters. I honestly think season 7 is pretty weak (the last one with Mulder as a regular which isn't a spoiler really). I really loved season 8 as well. 9 is a mixed bag but has some great episodes as well.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is keep at it. You'll finally catch that one episode that's going to hook you and you won't be able to resist watching. I guarantee it. tell us all what episode that starts with as well.

@RhettButler added more quintessential episodes!
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 01-21-2015 at 12:19 AM. Reason: added more

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post

Keep watching!

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose is a masterpiece.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The first time you binge this show the mythos is really interesting, and as time went on i got more and more frustrated as the mythos got larger but more ambiguous. In retrospect, and by their admission, they were just writing things as they went along, as was the fashion at the time anyway.

In retrospect, its the monster of the week episodes that really shined and told great stories.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    I would love a reboot. Been a fan for a long time. The movie might be possible, but they have been talking about it for 2 years, and there is still no script written.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I love the dark, gritty feel and low budget aspect of season 1. Squeeze, Ice, Gender Bender, Lazarus, Shapes, Tooms and The Erlenmeyer Flask are classic X Files. You should dig those.

Spoiler: Thinking about it now, I forgot how dark the earlier alien conspiracy episodes were like Deep Throat.

The show definitely comes into it's own for season 2. It runs amazing till season 6. I love 6 as stated but for some 6 onwards is where it falters. I honestly think season 7 is pretty weak (the last one with Mulder as a regular which isn't a spoiler really). I really loved season 8 as well. 9 is a mixed bag but has some great episodes as well.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is keep at it. You'll finally catch that one episode that's going to hook you and you won't be able to resist watching. I guarantee it. tell us all what episode that starts with as well.

@RhettButler added more quintessential episodes!
    Thanks, man, for the head's up. Working my way through season one now. As debut seasons go, I'm warming up to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My favorites were always the creature of the week episodes. I felt like the alien conspiracy stuff just got old and dragged things down after a while.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Just finished "Eve," and that's my favorite so far. Great twist.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dolemite View Post
    My favorites were always the creature of the week episodes. I felt like the alien conspiracy stuff just got old and dragged things down after a while.
    Spoiler: When the Syndicate storyline was solved in Season 6 it was perfect. The Super Soldier and abduction storylines were good but not quite at that top quality level like previously.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Season nine just showed they had run out of ideas.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Speaking about newer episodes (8 and 9), Roadrunners (from season 8) is quite possibly one of my absolute favorite episode of the series. It's so good.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Speaking about newer episodes (8 and 9), Roadrunners (from season 8) is quite possibly one of my absolute favorite episode of the series. It's so good.
    Why would people worship a slug!?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Why would people worship a slug!?
    Because they're whack in the head. Duh.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Lots of Scully Skin in that episode.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'd prefer a mini-series or another film.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Since no one else has mentioned it in this thread, I will:

Chinga creeped the fuck out of me when it first aired. Jesus.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Since no one else has mentioned it in this thread, I will:

Chinga creeped the fuck out of me when it first aired. Jesus.
    It was stronger of the two guest written episodes. I didn't care too much for Kill Switch, though the concept was excellent. The entire nightmare sequence with an amputated Mulder and Kung-Fi fighting Scully was a great little thing haha.