Thread: Queen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I love Queen, their album catalogue is so dense and rewarding yet they were completely untouchable as a live band. The Paul Rodgers stuff was okay, they didn't ruin the legacy or anything as some people may contend. There's just no way you can ever top that amazing run with Freddie.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I love Queen, their album catalogue is so dense and rewarding yet they were completely untouchable as a live band. The Paul Rodgers stuff was okay, they didn't ruin the legacy or anything as some people may contend. There's just no way you can ever top that amazing run with Freddie.
    I took a little while to make an actual response to your post, but I completely agree with you here. I also didn't mean to say that the Paul Rodgers stuff was horrible or a travesty by any means either. You just basically said it far better than I ever could. I'd also agree with you on the rewarding part as well. I've only heard several other Queen songs on YouTube and I'm compelled to get as many Queen albums as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    As you may recall from the Queen thread in the old ETS, I have the biggest Queen boner, muahahahahahaa, because I saw them twice back in "the day," including standing about 6 feet in front of Freddie Mercury during the whole encore at this show:
    I could've sworn that I've seen you post a picture of your actual ticket to a Queen concert. Was that the same exact concert you were referring to?
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-13-2012 at 09:25 PM.