Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Absolutely, I loved it as much as the next guy...only thing I can think of now (other than wanting to go see it again) is I hope there's some sick ass blu ray trilogy set.
    I hope we get something along the lines of the Alien Anthology. That has the best packaging/case for any blu-ray set I can think of, and each film has the theatrical version along with an extended or directors cut. There was always talk of longer cuts of Nolans Batman films and I'd love to see them! I also hope they include the original audio of Banes voice. I couldn't understand what he was saying when I saw the prologue months ago with Mission:Impossible but I'd still love to see/hear that version of the complete film.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    That's kind of what I'm holding out for, too. I haven't bought The Dark Knight, and I JUST bought Batman Begins because Hastings had it rented out and had the Blu-ray for $9. I just really hope they don't try to double dip with a bare-bones movie-only blu-ray trilogy release, then 2 months later announce a complete collector's trilogy set with all the extra goodies and a replica broken Batman mask or something.

Actually, if that were the case, I'd probably buy it up again anyway.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm gonna have to watch Rises again. Maybe that'll change my opinion. I didn't even realize that Selina was with Bruce in Italy... Happened so fast, I thought she was some random girl... So I need to rewatch it. Hopefully an upload shows up on the noid soon.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    How about that new Bat Signal on the top of police headquarters at the end of the movie? I think the overall point was that The Batman will endure, even if it isn't Bruce Wayne underneath the cowl. Robin will be the new Batman, just like Dick Grayson did when Bruce "died" recently in the comics.
    Or Jim Gordon just likes Batman as a symbol, and of reminding people of it. It's not as if 'Robin' had sent notice, Oh, hey, I'm filling the suit, please set the signal back up. Gordon did it because he felt like doing it. The Batman will endure in the sky and in the minds of Gotham's citizens, but not necessarily on the ground.
    Last edited by Corvus T. Cosmonaut; 07-23-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    I loved the movie. My wife, who is a student nurse, really couldn't get over Bruce going from not being able to stand to doing push ups in such a short time. I didn't understand how he got back to Gotham from the pit so quickly, and I also didn't like the fact that Alfred got fired and just disappeared from the 2nd half of the movie.
    Those are pretty much my only gripes. I'm actually surprised they didn't say Blake's real name was Dick Grayson and went with Robin instead, don't know why but I was really expecting Dick Grayson. Loved the movie though, gonna have to see it again before I start thinking about where it stands in the trilogy for me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    You guys do realize there have been countless Robins? Or for that matter Dick Grayson was, for a time, Batman?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Anyone expecting any kind of special edition extended cut of any of the films is going to be majorly let down. Nolan doesn't do that. What is in the theaters is his final director's cut. The inevitable trilogy box-set won't be as amazing as it should be, as he also doesn't do deleted scenes or anything like that. It'll more than likely just be the three BD discs as they are in their stand alone releases, with an added bonus disc of a couple extra retrospective docs and that's it. Maybe all three packaged in a slipcase like the LOTR sets.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm hoping he at least updates the Blu-ray transfer of the first film, and upgrades the first two from Dolby to DTS. He's much like Fincher in that he likes to get as much done for the home video release while making the movie so he's not burdened later with doing a special super duper edition.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I'm actually surprised they didn't say Blake's real name was Dick Grayson and went with Robin instead, don't know why but I was really expecting Dick Grayson.
    I had a moment after the reveal where I was like 'Wait, was his name Blake or Drake?' Of course, that would've made it a little bit too obvious... Conversely, if they had used Dick Grayson as his birth name it would have been clear to any DC fans in the audience who he was but everyone else would've been out of the loop. Throwing that 'Robin' in was the easiest way to make it obvious to everyone what they were getting at.

Plus, as orestes said, there has been something of an abundance of Robins...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    I had a moment after the reveal where I was like 'Wait, was his name Blake or Drake?' Of course, that would've made it a little bit too obvious... Conversely, if they had used Dick Grayson as his birth name it would have been clear to any DC fans in the audience who he was but everyone else would've been out of the loop. Throwing that 'Robin' in was the easiest way to make it obvious to everyone what they were getting at.

Plus, as orestes said, there has been something of an abundance of Robins...
    Yeah definitely, it didn't even really make sense for me to think they were going to use Dick Grayson, but right when I realized they were going to throw in that connection Dick Grayson popped into my head. Not upset or anything that they used Robin, it makes perfect sense, just in that split second I thought they were going to break out Grayson. The more I thought about this movie last night, the more and more I loved it. Can't wait to go see it again in IMAX, really pumped to see how all the stuff filmed with IMAX cameras looks on the right screen.

Edit: Oh also, I actually liked Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. I've always kind of not liked her, never had a reason but I wasn't real keen on the fact that she was going to be in this movie. But she pulled it off.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 07-24-2012 at 07:30 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Couldn't help but think of this when the bomb was being flown out to sea:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post

I'd love to see a deleted scene where Bale's Batman does this with the fusion bomb. Imagine his Batman voice yelling at people to get out of the way

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Close enough

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post

I really want to believe that was something of a conscious homage.

Christopher Nolan's farewell letter to the franchise.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leman russ View Post
    i'd love to see a deleted scene where bale's batman does this with the fusion bomb. Imagine his batman voice yelling at people to get out of the way
    "Gehhh ouwaaa mahh waaaaaaay! Geeeeeeoooooowwaaawweeehhhhh!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wherrrrre is the pier? Wherrrre is the pier???? Growl growl growl

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I was reading Alrea and Leman Russ' posts... and the voice in my head was Nicolas Cage's. I don't know why.

Loved the movie, by the way. A very fitting end to a remarkable trilogy.

And I think that Bruce is dead and that Alfred is imagining seeing him at the end. Just like Dom's spinning top is still spinning.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Noooooooooooo, Bruce Wayne can't be dead. *falls down into a sobbing mess*

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I was reading Alrea and Leman Russ' posts... and the voice in my head was Nicolas Cage's. I don't know why.
    ...In a way, Nicolas Cage as Batman could have been a LOT more entertaining.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I refuse to believe Bruce Wayne is dead.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Christian Bale visited the Aurora victims.

Classy move. SORT OF wish a nurse would've bumped in to him or got in the way of the shot. 'OH GOOOOOD FOR YOUUUUU...'

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    There were a lot of loose ends IMO. A few scenes really bugged me - the Bat flying around buildings looked average, they seemed to take more care with those effects scenes in The Dark Knight. Some of the dialog was cliche and a bit thoughtless. The worst bit was Talia. Her acting was atrocious. Especially her death scene. I almost laughed it was so bad.

On the positives, Bane was badass! Catwoman was well portrayed and acted IMO.

It was a good plot, just not done perfectly like the other 2 were. It's still a great movie but probably the worst of the three.
    Last edited by orestes; 07-24-2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: No need for spoiler tag

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    There were a lot of loose ends IMO. A few scenes really bugged me - the Bat flying around buildings looked average, they seemed to take more care with those effects scenes in The Dark Knight. Some of the dialog was cliche and a bit thoughtless. The worst bit was Talia. Her acting was atrocious. Especially her death scene. I almost laughed it was so bad.

On the positives, Bane was badass! Catwoman was well portrayed and acted IMO.
    Your spoiler post I sooooo hated!!! Omg, what were they thinking with that scene when she died. Me and my girlfriend were cracking up.

And I don't know about anyone else, but I cannot stand the way that Christian Bale talks as Batman. Begins was not bad at all, but I can never take him seriously when he talks. Worst part about the entire franchise to be honest.

It was a good plot, just not done perfectly like the other 2 were. It's still a great movie but probably the worst of the three.
    Completely agree.

Interesting article: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_...night_trilogy/
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 07-24-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I really didn't feel the Talia death scene was particularly bad. I assume you're talking about the actual moment in which she ceased to exist.

Am I the only one who thought The Dark Knight was the most flawed (and not enjoyable overall)? The movie is so bleak and hollow, offers fairly little action to balance the concentration of darkness throughout, and contains the most annoyances of the three as far as I'm concerned. Heath did his very best, and I found it good, but that alone can't carry the movie.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Noooooooooooo, Bruce Wayne can't be dead. *falls down into a sobbing mess*
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    I refuse to believe Bruce Wayne is dead.
    Aww guys! Bruce Wayne is very much mortal.

The Batman however must go on. Isn't it what this movie tells us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    Yeah, the movie is just really sloppy. There a few eye-rolling moments and things to nitpick in The Dark Knight as well, but they were fewer and further between. In this there was some new annoyance, ranging from minor problems to pretty glaring plotholes every few minutes. These movies have always been kind of fast and loose, but when you have a scene that transitions from day time to night time in the span of a couple minutes in your major blockbuster things start to feel really amateurish.

It's quite aggravating because I definitely feel like there's a great movie hidden underneath all the problems. I guess it mainly just sucks for me that they were enough to really take me out of the experience and kind of kill the movie for me. Honestly I'm usually the kind of person who's willing to let a few things slide in service of a good plot but it seems I'm one of the only people who just ended up flat out not liking the movie.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pemulis View Post
    Yeah, the movie is just really sloppy. There a few eye-rolling moments and things to nitpick in The Dark Knight as well, but they were fewer and further between. In this there was some new annoyance, ranging from minor problems to pretty glaring plotholes every few minutes. These movies have always been kind of fast and loose, but when you have a scene that transitions from day time to night time in the span of a couple minutes in your major blockbuster things start to feel really amateurish.

It's quite aggravating because I definitely feel like there's a great movie hidden underneath all the problems. I guess it mainly just sucks for me that they were enough to really take me out of the experience and kind of kill the movie for me. Honestly I'm usually the kind of person who's willing to let a few things slide in service of a good plot but it seems I'm one of the only people who just ended up flat out not liking the movie.
    Not alone. I still think the movie could've been shorter. The plot and everything else was great. If some of the scenes were cut down and less redundant, I'd have probably liked it more. My dad even says the same thing. But it seems like were in a minority.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I think the second one is the most flawed it has a crappy ending and a gaping plot hole, it gets harder to look past every time i see it.

My roommate has also been INSISTING that batman died, as there was no feasible way for him to escape a six mile blast radius. Also if you look at the time on the bomb, theres no way he could have cleared six miles i from gotham in that time.

But this is nitpicking. For some reason, ive seen this three times, and they HAMMER IN that hes still alive. He fixed the auto pilot, ans theres no reason to include that line if he didnt survive. He somehow fixed the bat signal, changed his will and took the pearls witg him too. I dont even think its meant to be up for interpretation, like some. I think its just not answered as tightly as it could have been. A lot of people thought two face was still alive. Remember that nonsense?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I think the second one is the most flawed it has a crappy ending and a gaping plot hole, it gets harder to look past every time i see it.

My roommate has also been INSISTING that batman died, as there was no feasible way for him to escape a six mile blast radius. Also if you look at the time on the bomb, theres no way he could have cleared six miles i from gotham in that time.

But this is nitpicking. For some reason, ive seen this three times, and they HAMMER IN that hes still alive. He fixed the auto pilot, ans theres no reason to include that line if he didnt survive. He somehow fixed the bat signal, changed his will and took the pearls witg him too. I dont even think its meant to be up for interpretation, like some. I think its just not answered as tightly as it could have been. A lot of people thought two face was still alive. Remember that nonsense?

That's the first time I've known of anyone thinking Dent wasn't actually dead.
    Last edited by Amaro; 07-25-2012 at 03:22 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão
    That's the first time I've known of anyone thinking Dent wasn't actually dead.
    To be fair, a lot of that stemmed from the uncertainty about what was coming next in the trilogy. We didn't know one way or that other if they were going to let him die or pull a "He only LOOKED dead! Ah-ha!" on us. I wouldn't say I was in the camp that thought he was still alive, but I definitely thought it could have been possible.