Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Qotsa

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    since there wasn't even a stream yet.. is there a CD leak?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm going to wait for a proper 320 bitrate version.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    The leak is valid, but obviously at a dubious rate of 208 kbps?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Even with a less than desirable bit-rate, this sounds better than EV.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Who the hell would've guessed the new Qotsa would be this goddamn weird? I love it when bands evolve. Hell I even like it when they try something daring and fail; that takes artistic courage. Thankfully, however, this record is so much better in every way than EV (especially the ear fatigue factor). I have a feeling this moody bitch of a record will get better with each spin, rather than worse.

Also, three words:

WHITE. BOY. FUNK.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This album is phenomenal. I feel like Them Crooked Vultures helped this album be as good as it is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Halfway through.
    Spoiler: Seriously, these song transitions are scaring the crap out of me...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    First listen...pretty disappointed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    First listen...pretty disappointed.
    1) *insert quote from Trent about people judging albums straight away
    2) as someone who has been waiting for this album, anticipating it more than any other album probably ever in my life, I'd be able to tell you if I was somewhat disappointed
    3) Seriously, did you skip Kalopsia? Spoiler: dat Trent scream, UNFF

edit: okay, I know I can be melodramatic, but no album has ever made me feel like this.
    Last edited by scorpiusdiamond; 05-15-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Remember kids: Epic albums disappoint at first listen. If it still sucks after twenty spins, break it. (that means, delete it)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Fairweather MOTHERFUCKING Friends!!!

Loved every second of it. I found it kinda slow in the beginning, but from Kalopsia onward, it had me hooked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Smooth Sailing is awesome. Looking forward to just driving around and listening to this stuff at high volume.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well this album definitely wipes out the bitter taste the Daft Punk album left

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    On first listen... all I can say is wow. This album is incredibly strong. I haven't found a song I consider weak or skip worthy which is kinda needle in the haystack for a lot of new album releases lately.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Very good album, better than EV. It reminds me of the darkness of Lullabies and the general strangeness of the first one. Like those two albums however, it lacks the superb punch that makes this album just very good and not great like Rated R or SFTD. I can't put my finger on it, but it comes up short of being mindblowing like some of the reviews I've read. It is better than EV and way better than TCV. The studio version of "If I Had a Tail" is dope as fuck though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've listened to it 3 times now. Once on studio monitors, twice in my shit car speakers, and I am FUCKING PLEASED. I was really expecting it to be more like Era Vulgaris (I love EV, I guess Im a minority), but this album seems to be its' own kind of weird. The transitions are really... creepy, I think. It covers a lot of ground without being samey or sounding like it is trying to hard to recapture old sounds and vibes from previous albums. 'I sat by the Ocean' is really standing out to me and the full version of 'I appear missing' is just fucking perfect.

I do not think there is a weak track on the album, but I can see where a few people would say some songs are weak, but thank god, Josh is one of the few people who write albums and not a bunch of songs. 'Vampyre' is not what I was expecting for a third track at all - I like it, and from past experiences I feel like it could end up being one of my favorite songs on the album.

People looking for SoftD 2 will probably be really disappointed with this album. SoftD is easily my least favorite Queens album so I relieved by the lack of similarity. I kind of feel like the sound of this album, if I can make a shitty analogy - is like the second half of Era Vulgaris was a great evening that ended in a bloody brawl with lots of screaming and this album is the aftermath. At least is how I relate the comment Josh made that said (paraphrasing here) 'the new stuff goes further down the long strange road that was Era Vulgaris.

Sidenote, this album leaked at the best possible time for me emotionally, thanks internets!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Trent reminds me of a concerned parent when he says "Why you so sad? What have they done?"
    I love it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Listening to some of the tracks on Grooveshark for the time being, really loving Kalopsia..... i mean wow what an immense track.

Starts off like you're floating in space all peaceful and dreamy and then you get sucked into this black hole of frantic wonder.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Halfway through and every song has blown me away so far. This year in music... holy fucking shit.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Two listens through, I love this album like pretty much everyone else. I really wish Elton was a little higher in the mix though. And where the fuck is Mark? Just like on EV I can't hear him at all.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Listening on my headphones... very solid entry into the 'studio album' pile, almost halfway in. A grower, for sure - not necessarily a rock-out, sing-along stomper yet, but I think it's good music, and I think this is going to dominate my last.fm profile in coming months.

edit: Smooth Sailing - wow. I guess I better hurry up and pre-order the vinyl.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    That part where Trent screams. Then again on the following song. Goddammit.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exilajei View Post
    Smooth Sailing is awesome. Looking forward to just driving around and listening to this stuff at high volume.
    That's probably my favorite song off the record so far. I wish I woulda burnt this to a CD before I hit the road for work. It's a 20 minutes drive through backroads. Perfect time for me to try out new music in my car, which is usually what I end up doing. This summer's a good one for new music! I have a feeling I'll be cruising a lot with this album, too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    That guitar solo(ish) towards the end of Smooth Sailing sounds like old school Guns n Roses on a severe acid trip, and I mean that in the best possible way. Probably one of best guitar moments on the whole album.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Fuckin love this album, was a bit worried that QotSA was getting "too weird" but I think this should satisfy any Queens fan

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    so none of the song are big rock n roll songs? meaning this is more QOTSA material that doesnt kick ass? meh.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: QOTSA - ...Like Clockwork

Your opinion differs from the majority, shut up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...Like Clockwork is rock and roll as fuck. I am really confused by your statement. Fucking slides, man! Rock and roll as fucccck.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Even with a less than desirable bit-rate, this sounds better than EV.
    it's a v1 mp3 ya fucking nong i doubt you can tell it from a FLAC anyway!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Yes...YES! YESSS! Love it!